Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Good friend C Everett Coop, I am a good person. I am what they call a "nicer".

I can gift you $10-$15 for your Carnage and other chars. Would you like me to do that? I'm happy to help a goon live his best life.

Nah don't worry about me, though I appreciate the notion. I'm just salty that I had a SL clear in my hands and didn't get it through a mix of bad stage rolls and a lack of viable combat characters. I usually use Thor to clear Carnage on Floor 19, so of course he wasn't there and Thor wasn't able to do enough damage/stay alive to beat DerpDevil at the top. The one time I did clear SL I was able to save IF until the end and I was hoping to do the same but was forced to burn IF in the single digits.

But I'll be fine, I'll be able to get one of Odin/Dormmy/Thanos to 6* this weekend (prob Odin he needs the help the most), I'll have all three taken care of before the end of the summer, I need to grind out a couple hundred more crystals and I can start the X-Men quest which will give me Ol' Snikt Bubs and will take care of my combat character issue in of itself. Plus now that the X-Men barrier has been broken getting my boy :itjb: in the game has gone from "if" to "when" and that's the catalyst to getting me to crowbar open my wallet and give Mr. Netmarbu my hoarded gil (and I might get the other paywalled characters then although they're not nearly as important as my boy).

Months ago it was an uphill fight just to get the 60/75 bios in shadowlands. In a couple months I'll be clearing poo poo like it's nothing. Just gotta hustle and grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Getting back into this more actively than I have been, kind of trying to decide one some good targets to 6* with my stockpiled tickets. Right now at 6* I have:

Sharon Rogers (on the verge of T2, just need two more gear piece levels to advance her)
Angela
Loki
Silk
Hulkbuster (Mk. 44) (I don't know how this happened)

And at 6* T2 I've got:

Iron Fist
Jane Fosthor

I have a lot of characters but I'm also missing a chunk. Would appreciate some names being floated and then I'll see what I got :shobon:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Getting back into this more actively than I have been, kind of trying to decide one some good targets to 6* with my stockpiled tickets. Right now at 6* I have:

Sharon Rogers (on the verge of T2, just need two more gear piece levels to advance her)
Angela
Loki
Silk
Hulkbuster (Mk. 44) (I don't know how this happened)

And at 6* T2 I've got:

Iron Fist
Jane Fosthor

I have a lot of characters but I'm also missing a chunk. Would appreciate some names being floated and then I'll see what I got :shobon:

Yellowjacket is awesome to get higher, Kate Bishop and Gwenpool will be great too. Wasp is awesome. Any of the Paywalls of course as well, like Carnage and Enchantress and Agent Vernon.

I mau be one of the only ones who says this, but Green Goblin and Captain America are two of the best story mode chars to farm (Thor and Iron Fist being the best story farms in my opinion). I used to clear up to SL10 with a T1 GG. Now I can go up to about 16 at T2 with him.

The rest of the thread will have other great chars to name too I'm sure.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

If I do the x-men missions before I buy the magneto pack, do I get the magneto items retroactively?

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod

Mr Hootington posted:

If I do the x-men missions before I buy the magneto pack, do I get the magneto items retroactively?

Yes you do. Whale away with confidence.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sleeper farmable from story mode as you start to go deeper in SL is Doc Ock. After the rework at T1 and mediocre gear he can solo a 10-15ish Destroyer relay which can be useful as hell.

Dr. VonHugenstein fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jun 10, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dr. VonHugenstein posted:

Yes you do. Whale away with confidence.

I'll wait two months

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Well I've hit my hard lock. I had the easy locks where you get the BAM or can't do your dailies because you already did them. But now...

I just hit the 1,000 Mkraan (this autocorrects on my phone to Moron so let me try to type this again).

I just hit the 1,000 Moron Crystals lock in the epic quest and I have 258. It's gonna be a few weeks until I can progress. drat!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

get the 70 dollar whale pack my friend and all your wildest bub dreams will come true

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Fire up the converter!

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Well I've hit my hard lock. I had the easy locks where you get the BAM or can't do your dailies because you already did them. But now...

I just hit the 1,000 Mkraan (this autocorrects on my phone to Moron so let me try to type this again).

I just hit the 1,000 Moron Crystals lock in the epic quest and I have 258. It's gonna be a few weeks until I can progress. drat!

Not got enough crystals to jump past it? That's what I did. Currently stuck at 3 R6 BAM. I got two and not enough crystals (or cash to buy more) to surpass it. Kinda irritating.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Datasmurf posted:

Not got enough crystals to jump past it? That's what I did. Currently stuck at 3 R6 BAM. I got two and not enough crystals (or cash to buy more) to surpass it. Kinda irritating.

Got 3,000 crystals. The thing is I KNOW we have another 7 X-Men coming right around the corner and I want to be ready. The Netmarbu Turkey leader said as much so I gotta be ready my friends.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Datasmurf posted:

Gold is my constant wall in this game. Constant. I do all 5 co-op every day plus gold dailies and use like 300 energy a day farming

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
s w a g n e t o

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adult Sword Owner posted:

s w a g n e t o

He is the greatest. Viva la revolucion!!!!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I feel like instead of a massive list of characters, we can organize them into groups based on how easy/difficult it is to acquire them so it's less intimidating for newbies, especially since there's a soft rule in this game that the harder it is to acquire someone the better they are. Something like this:

Easy to acquire (bios can easily be grinded, no need to use any chests/rewards on them)
Combat - Captain America, Blade, Doctor Octopus, Punisher, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Venom, Kingpin, Bullseye, Sif, Deathlok, Ulik, Volstagg, Hogun
Blast - Iron Man, Red Skull, MODOK, War Machine, Vision, Daisy Johnson, Lincoln Campbell, Phil Coulson
Speed - Black Widow, Spider-Man, Daredevil, Green Goblin, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Agent 13, Elektra, Fandral
Universal - Ghost Rider, Ultron

Slightly difficult to acquire (bios can still be grinded but in limited quantities daily)
Combat - Black Panther, Groot, Nebula, Drax, Giant-Man, Warwolf, White Tiger, Hulkling, Gorgon, Beast
Blast - Malekith, Wasp, Yellowjacket, Lash, Wiccan, Songbird, Baron Mordo, Kaecilius, Ancient One, Crystal, Moon Girl, Maximus, Cyclops, Storm
Speed - Ant-Man, Gamora, Yondu, Elsa Bloodstone, Squirrel Girl, Wong, Kate Bishop, Karnak, Rogue
Universal - Thor, Loki, Captain Marvel, Black Bolt, Ronan, Black Order (Proxima Midnight, Black Dwarf, Corvus Glaive, Super Giant, Ebony Maw, Thanos), Satana, Hellstorm, Hela

Hard to acquire (only available through chests or through dimension shifters beyond your control)
Combat - Hulk, Hulkbuster, Red Hulk, Jessica Jones, Amadeous Cho, Ms. Marvel, Crossbones, Moon Knight, Shang-Chi
Blast - Rocket Raccoon, Star-Lord, Sharon Rogers, Inferno, Mantis, Whiplash
Speed - Black Cat, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Silk, Sin, Gwenpool, Misty Knight, Hellcat
Universal - Destroyer, Angela, Jane Foster, Medusa, Robbie Reyes

Gimmicky Bullshit (either paywalled, only available after jumping through hoops, or under very limited circumstances)
Combat - She-Hulk, Carnage, Agent Venom, Wolverine
Blast - Sister Grimm, Enchantress, Ironheart, Dr. Strange, Jean Grey, Magneto
Speed - Kid Kaiju
Universal - Singularity, Hyperion, Clea, Odin, Dormammu

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 10, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Welp. You loving did it now. I'm pissed because now I have to edit the OP and add that dumb poo poo!!!! drat IT!!!!!!!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

As a new player does it matter which of the 7 goonliances I join? Cuz if not going right ahead and saying I'm applying to join Waifu Squad, IGN same as SA name.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Yellowjacket is awesome to get higher, Kate Bishop and Gwenpool will be great too. Wasp is awesome. Any of the Paywalls of course as well, like Carnage and Enchantress and Agent Vernon.

I mau be one of the only ones who says this, but Green Goblin and Captain America are two of the best story mode chars to farm (Thor and Iron Fist being the best story farms in my opinion). I used to clear up to SL10 with a T1 GG. Now I can go up to about 16 at T2 with him.

Thanks ICR :). Think I'll ticket Yellowjacket up since I already have him + get those sweet Cap bios.

After buying Sharon's costume I still have enough stockpiled crystals for one more, can't really decide on what. I'm figuring either Silk's or one of IF's, since I already have IF at T2 and am currently farming up stones for Silk.

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod
Get IF's Netflix Hobo 'stume, it's one of the best in the game.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I don't know what you're talking about. There was never any Netflix IF show, and there certainly isn't a costume based on it.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Oh Snapple! posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. There was never any Netflix IF show, and there certainly isn't a costume based on it.

If there was one I would certainly remember it and not a gaping burning hole in my memory about the length of a Netflix series

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

"Who is this guy? Some kinda...Iron...Fist?"

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Agreed. Iron Fist never happened. Nope. Never happened.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Didn't hear back on Doctor Goon so applied to Waifu Squad as Dangermoose. Is Doctor Strange as good as me running into him in PvP suggests? He just stunlocks my dudes forever and then they die.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gaukler posted:

Didn't hear back on Doctor Goon so applied to Waifu Squad as Dangermoose. Is Doctor Strange as good as me running into him in PvP suggests? He just stunlocks my dudes forever and then they die.

There's a handful of game-changers in the game who will make your life significantly easier once you unlock/upgrade them. Strange is a game-breaker, in that he dominates all of those game-changers to a distressing degree. He's practically mandatory for any later story stages and whenever he can be used, he should be used.

He's dominated the meta of the game since his release and so people are curious/excited to see if the X-Men changed the narrative any. The tier list posted a few pages back put Jean Grey above him although it's still very early, but even if that's the case it's not like Strange became obsolete overnight.

tl:dr: yes

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
I take a break from posting and everyone fails on their job.

Also I hope K-gaz changes the monthly bio to select bios or x-genes. They pitched the monthly selector as being used on any characters. Thanks to job fuckery I'm not putting any more money into games right now, so I won't be able to use our one true savoir Magnetman for a few months.

I am looking forward to tuesday when I 6 star Odin. It'll be fun to see how powerful he is at max level. A 5Star 55 Odin can handle SL 1-10 as long as you can swap him out to heal.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't know why but it didn't click with me until tonight that there's no limit on the X-Men stages, unlike the Strange stages.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
So my main squad has settled around the low lvl 50s. All the modes I'm aware of are either above my head, can only be run a couple times a day, or offer too little xp. Where should I be grinding?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I finally beat iThanos.

It was underwhelming.

But maybe I'll take on those last few Asgardian levels.

Edit: yeah, still can't touch that burning bastard.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jun 11, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

STAC Goat posted:

I finally beat iThanos.

It was underwhelming.

But maybe I'll take on those last few Asgardian levels.

Edit: yeah, still can't touch that burning bastard.

Who'd you use?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
What's the word on Gwenpool and Crystal's new costumes?

Also want to register my disappointment with ICR that he didn't go with 'X gon give it to ya' for a thread title

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

gypsyshred posted:

So my main squad has settled around the low lvl 50s. All the modes I'm aware of are either above my head, can only be run a couple times a day, or offer too little xp. Where should I be grinding?

specials are huge for xp. honestly, i just buy the level 5 xp chips in the lab because I can't be bothered to try to level dudes up. what stars and characters are you using?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Also want to register my disappointment with ICR that he didn't go with 'X gon give it to ya' for a thread title

I'm a failure. I get it. Trust me, I can't sleep. I haven't eaten in days. I went to do the thread title and my fat fingers went with C gon give it to ya and I had to get the mods to change it to this.

It was my only option.

Both new costumes are great if you use the chars. I use both so I bought them. Can't go wrong with the 10% damage boost.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Ramadu posted:

specials are huge for xp. honestly, i just buy the level 5 xp chips in the lab because I can't be bothered to try to level dudes up. what stars and characters are you using?

Thor, Loki, and hulk, all six red star. The endgame stuff seems to expect all 60s.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white

gypsyshred posted:

Specials + Dailies + Max level Epic mission bio quests. Plus maybe look at 420ing someone like Sif, Coulson or maybe Ulik. The high level story missions aren't bad.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Did you all know this? Lose a battle on Tracking missions and this will pop up.

Get to the part with the 5* Cyclops or whatever X-Men and you can get a 5* char of them for 1500 crystals.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Here's the 1500 crystals note from Reddit:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Gwenpool's takes her from "good char" to "mini Wolverine"". she doesn't die with it if you're using all her iframes. it's a must buy.

Crystals uniform is a 10% boost and animation changes. I bought it but I'd pass if you have other better unis to buy.

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Here's the 1500 crystals note from Reddit:

Doesn't seem an amazing deal, I don't think. It's more expensive than a Mega Rank up ticket in terms of bio returns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
the issue is i need bios to gear them up, which rank up tickets can't do unless I get a mega-t2