Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

It's that time again. I have 10 friend slots after a purge. Please add real big gay and let me know here in this thread. I send all my points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

fart simpson posted:

It's that time again. I have 10 friend slots after a purge. Please add real big gay and let me know here in this thread. I send all my points.

Added you as Youth In Asia

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Added you as Youth In Asia

Thanks. Kepp 'em cumming, boys.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!

fart simpson posted:

Added as SApropgun

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fart simpson posted:

Who'd you use?

Ancient One, Strange, and Mordo. Mordo was just there for the buffs but Ancient One is my new discovery. Her big leadership buff plus all the invincibility, healing, and debuff stuff in her skills. Everytime Strange got in some trouble I'd take her in, cycle through her skills, and get Strange back in to heal and keep going. It was a fight but it worked.

But like I said, wasn't worth it at all so I won't be bothering again. And that trio still couldn't do poo poo against Surtur. I'm stuck with him.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

I'm low on friends as well, add hngkong if you want friend currency every day!

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
The chalupa will cleanse any lingering non goons and add you both

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Noice. Anyone else out there?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

fart simpson posted:

Added as Ridilla

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

fart simpson posted:

Added as Frungy.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

fart simpson posted:

added as spacedouche

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Added as Largepotato.

I also need friends :(

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Largepotato posted:

Added as Largepotato.

I also need friends :(

ill add you too then

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I added everyone on this page and I still have one friend slot remaining

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

fart simpson posted:

I added everyone on this page and I still have one friend slot remaining

Add me, StuntRock.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

fart simpson posted:

Sent as HotballsJohnson

Sent also to hmgkong

E: who would be best candidate for mega t2 out of xmen (magneto excluded) ?

Edit: leaning dickclops and his huge bulge

b0ng fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 12, 2017

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Whats the use for assemble points?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Free Energy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

b0ng posted:

Sent as HotballsJohnson

Sent also to hmgkong

E: who would be best candidate for mega t2 out of xmen (magneto excluded) ?

Edit: leaning dickclops and his huge bulge

Rogue is supposedly the best after Jean Grey, Wolverine, and Magneto

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

quote:

"Is it me or is Storm super old and fatter than a man in an iron suit? Worst/weakest of the X-men characters?":

I hope the women's rights activist stampedes on you like Mufasa in Lion King for body shaming women. Also your delusional she is... Oh yeah I actually see it too. drat... Well carry on with your excellent observation.

mobrium is amazing

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Ramadu posted:

mobrium is amazing

don't doxx me

Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

What's the word on Gwenpool and Crystal's new costumes?

If you use Gwenpool hers is must-buy (if you can deal with the new icon)

It makes her passive heal useful and the new 3* animation makes it much easer to chain iframes. probably puts her as the best overall speed hero (caveat that I haven't played high level rogue)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So I need 2000 Norn Stones of Chaos to keep going on the Epic quests. Pretty much the only place to get them is the world boss raid right?

My Sharon Rogers is almost maxed out at T1 and I'm still getting my rear end handed to me in the WB.

Also is there a site people use for Character builds? Reddit doesn't seem to be super helpful as the build seem to be all over the place? I'm sure someone has set up a website by now with builds right?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Decided Sis Grimm hasn't seen the light of day for a while so decided to punch Promixa's ticket with her

TFW you're carried by your strikers

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I still use Nico for leveling lowbies through 10-8. Goes fast enough, and she always survives.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Should I use the occasional biometrics selectors I get from rewards to get more Bios for upgrading Sharon's gear, or start putting it towards other characters like helping 5* Silk get closer to 6*? I don't have any T2 people but I also don't have a 6* speeder yet.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Datasmurf posted:

I still use Nico for leveling lowbies through 10-8. Goes fast enough, and she always survives.

Is that the best place to level dudes? I've got a lot of guys in the 50-55 range that I want to take to 60 but drat it goes slow as poo poo.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Scoss posted:

Should I use the occasional biometrics selectors I get from rewards to get more Bios for upgrading Sharon's gear, or start putting it towards other characters like helping 5* Silk get closer to 6*? I don't have any T2 people but I also don't have a 6* speeder yet.

More characters higher. Especially with no T2 (that'll change in no time I'm sure) you'll want to get more characters leveled and somewhat geared for WB, SL and other higher level content.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Scoss posted:

IMO I'd say yes because she is a beast.

Silk is pretty good too but I'm glad I spent everything I had to finish up Sharon.

Edit: Ok what he said but Sharon is pretty awesome!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Is that the best place to level dudes? I've got a lot of guys in the 50-55 range that I want to take to 60 but drat it goes slow as poo poo.

Hot time for story and specials. That's how I leveled my guys.

Bad opinion time but I did this: I buy tons of lvl 5 xp chips. I had all the xmen at 60 the moment I acquired them. It's 1550 Lvl 5 XP chips on the dot to take somebody 1-60 when they're in Best Condition. 1549 chips if we want to be exact. I tested it exactly.

Edit: by buy chips, I mean in the Item Shop attached to the Lab.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hot time for story and specials. That's how I leveled my guys.

Bad opinion time but I did this: I buy tons of lvl 5 xp chips. I had all the xmen at 60 the moment I acquired them. It's 1550 Lvl 5 XP chips on the dot to take somebody 1-60 when they're in Best Condition. 1549 chips if we want to be exact. I tested it exactly.

Edit: by buy chips, I mean in the Item Shop attached to the Lab.

Oh maybe I'll do that then. That isn't the worst way to do it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Oh maybe I'll do that then. That isn't the worst way to do it.

I'm on a tangent here but just some perspective on how I approach this game:

There's a lot to this game, for a phone game. I have a lot I know I need to do. I need to acquire chars, level them all to 60, be strong enough to do WB, be strong enough to do SL25, T2 my favorite and best chars, get gold, get dimension shards, acquire bios to 420 my guys and that's maybe half of what I need to do, when I'm a new or returning character.

I approach this like anything I do, which is all fun because everything I do is super fun!

I have to break this apart and put a lot to the wayside and pretend it doesn't exist. I have to do the stuff I really want to do before I take on the next task.

For me, I break things down into what I really want to do over a set period of time. If I really want to level my characters, I take a few and I run them through auto play story for a majority of time. That means I am passing over WB, Dimension Rifts, alliance battles and sadly, other portions of the game because I am set on accomplishing leveling. If I reach a point where I'm completely out of energy or need a slight break, maybe I do some WB. But if I miss it, I won't worry about it. That's just not my focus.

It's about prioritizing and just getting what you want done. If I try to do too much, I'll admit, it will burn me out.

It's no different for me in Marvel Heroes why I level one character at a time. Why I cosmic one character at a time. If I personally did more than that, it would feel like I'm jogging in molasses.

Odd tangent, but some perspective on how I approach what I should be doing and what can wait. Eventually, everything gets/got done but I always felt like I was making major progress even when the struggle was real.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'm on a tangent here but just some perspective on how I approach this game:

There's a lot to this game, for a phone game. I have a lot I know I need to do. I need to acquire chars, level them all to 60, be strong enough to do WB, be strong enough to do SL25, T2 my favorite and best chars, get gold, get dimension shards, acquire bios to 420 my guys and that's maybe half of what I need to do, when I'm a new or returning character.

I approach this like anything I do, which is all fun because everything I do is super fun!

I have to break this apart and put a lot to the wayside and pretend it doesn't exist. I have to do the stuff I really want to do before I take on the next task.

For me, I break things down into what I really want to do over a set period of time. If I really want to level my characters, I take a few and I run them through auto play story for a majority of time. That means I am passing over WB, Dimension Rifts, alliance battles and sadly, other portions of the game because I am set on accomplishing leveling. If I reach a point where I'm completely out of energy or need a slight break, maybe I do some WB. But if I miss it, I won't worry about it. That's just not my focus.

It's about prioritizing and just getting what you want done. If I try to do too much, I'll admit, it will burn me out.

It's no different for me in Marvel Heroes why I level one character at a time. Why I cosmic one character at a time. If I personally did more than that, it would feel like I'm jogging in molasses.

Odd tangent, but some perspective on how I approach what I should be doing and what can wait. Eventually, everything gets/got done but I always felt like I was making major progress even when the struggle was real.

That all makes perfect sense.

I feel like I'm at the point where I really need to focus on stuff or I'm going to spread my self too thin and really not get any movement forward.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Theorycrafting

I'm similar in that I've got a priorities checklist of what I'm looking to accomplish, the biggest difference for me is what resources I'm willing to spend. Right now my primary goal is to be able to beat Shadowlands on a consistent basis; I've gotten one clear and came close last time around. To do so I need to spend gold/isos/debris/energy/etc...on more of my team. This needs to be done both on the high end; Thanos/Odin/Dormmy, the power hitters that can tank a later stage by themselves, and on the lower end; guys like Karl and Cap, who can clear a single-digit stage either by themselves or with some assistance, which frees up other characters who are more beneficial later down the road.

Odin's a great example; when he was at 5*/55 he was able to clear a lower-end Universal relay by himself but he was able to help much at the higher end. Now that I've got him at 6* (but still 55) I can use him later which shuffles my priority order and (in theory) makes it easier to clear that earlier stage as well. But Odin takes a tremendous amount of time, effort, and resources to get him to that stage, versus someone like Cap where his bios are easily grindable and the biggest hurdle is one easily cleared.

So when I log on, I'm looking to clear all of the daily tasks that give me the 25 crystals (another 190 and I can unlock Magneto and start the X-Men stuff!), with story/daily/special missions all ran during hot time as to maximize energy efficiency and any other benefits. Full clear World Boss every day but iThanos day which gives around 200 BAM and a handful of chaos norns. Do the 10 timeline battles, do alliance battle, do co-op to conclusion. If I'm working on a Strange character (and I assume X-Men as well) do their Epic Quest missions to conclusion. If there's some kind of special task I'll do that to conclusion every day as well. After that, I do the not-Risk as it's available but I'm not a fan so unless worst alliance actively needs my help at the time it's not a priority. I'll do one WBI a week for the bonuses but unless I need to burn energy without gaining xp (i.e. close to leveling up) I won't do much more than that. Come Wednesday evening I try to clear Shadowlands so I'm able to spend as much time boosting my time as possible; I try not to wait until Thursday evening in case something goes wrong and I run out of time which has happened before. I don't touch Ultimate World Boss because I can't do a drat thing with it. All this takes about 2 hours or so, a good chunk of which is automated so I'm not completely glued to my phone and I can shitpost/watch a ballgame at the same time.

I still enjoy the game, which is why I've been playing from nearly Day One to today. Hopefully I'll "beat" it before it's over.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

A million times all of this

I spaced that to get better results in co-op they need to be 4 star AND level 40. Que spending a day and change rotating my roster through speed clears and going from rank 2 to rank 5 for rewards
Should i/could i have stressed about all the people i need story bio's for still or all my many many 6 stars with maybe 5 gears, 2 or 3 in skills and aren't even 60 yet?
Sure but more productive to focus on the task for the day/week

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Woohoo! I finally cleared the first floor of SL lol

I'm so drat close to beating the WB but my damage just isnt quite there. Now that I have 2 teir 2 advance tickets I'm seriously thinking of using one for Rogers.

I'm only Rank 59 do the things you get 60-70 really help quite a bit?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My loose idea is "get as many people to Level 60 as I can". To accomplish that goal I recognize that I shouldn't focus on Story Missions but on everything else as well. So basically every mode I play is focused on ranking someone up.

Story Missions: Bullseye
Dimension Shifts: Yellowjacket
Memory Missions: Kaecilius
Dark Dimension: Hellstorm
Timeline: Honor Tokens for Warwolf
Villain Siege: Chaos Tokens for Ant-Man
WBR: BAM and Chaos Stones for Proxima Midnight

Now I throw in the Tracking Missions for Storm, Rogue, Beast, and soon Cyclops. But that above list represents how I focus my approach on farming as many people at once but by focusing 1 method on each.

Then I also do Alliance Battles and WBI because besides the other stuff I get like gold I also get bios from them. 25 a day from Alliance if you can win it and sometimes a lot from WBI depending on your luck. That stuff adds up and there's people who have been ranked up almost exclusively through those methods. I toss in the Warp Device sometimes too since those add up slowly, but that depends on my mood or crystal count.

So, like the whole thing is still focused on getting up characters but I diversify it enough so that I'm moving as many people up as possible at once.

And yeah, sometimes I just do something else because I feel like it and its a game. And following some kind of "should do" list can turn the game into too much of a grind if you don't just have some fun.

edit: Energywise between the daily reset, the 75 from Assemble Points, the daily quests, and whatever weekly quests/sign in bonus/random prizes/WBI prizes come I have enough energy to do 3 Story Missions, 1-2 Dimension Shift, 3 Memory Missions, and 3 Tracking Missions plus about 6-10 WBI a day. Sometimes I might have to buy some energy from the Alliance Store to get there and before the Tracking Missions I could fit in 2 or 3 Dimension Shifts. But that's more or less the divide.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 12, 2017

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Bullseye sucks.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

He does suck but he has a leadership that can be useful for some stages of shadowlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Doctor_Acula posted:

Bullseye sucks.

I've got a limited selection of Story Mission people left to farm and some people talked about his leadership being good for those high dodge stages in Shadowland. So I figured I'd give him a try. He'll be ranked up by tomorrow anyway and then I have to pick someone new. Like I said, limited options. Doc Ock, Kingpin, Ultron, MODOK, Punisher, Blade, Sharon Carter, Hawkeye, War Machine, Phil Coulson, Deathlok... that's all I can think of off the top of my head before going into the Asgardians. Leaning towards Doc Ock.

Soon enough I'm going to be at the point where I ignore Story Missions all together, except the Asgardian stuff. But that's a big extra cost I gotta stock pile a lot of clear tickets. So I'll probably just spend awhile spending that energy on WBI and Dimension Shifts and then do Asgardians like 1-2 days a week when I have a ton of Clear Tickets.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 12, 2017