Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I forgot how much I hate rolling attack ISO sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Storm and Beast are the weakest two by far. Rogue and Cyclops are both good.

Mag, Wolvie and Jean are all pretty insane.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
She will likely see some use in Shadowlands because she has some good crowd control potential and can stunlock some enemies, but that's about it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Enchantress is one of the few characters I regret T2ing, purely because she's so good without it and I only use her in Shadowlands where she doesn't need it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
They are all equally farmable, so if you're ranking one just to use it would be Cyclops or Rogue. If you don't have all 4 unlocked yet you could rank one of the others to get to the Cyclops mission earlier assuming you have all the rest of the mission requirements.

I really lucked out in that I had been saving T2 and 6* tokens for a while so I have enough to T2 everyone once I finish farming the bios for gear.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I forgot how long it takes to get the bios for max gear without Shadowlands selectors, ~15 a day for the X-men is taking forever. I've got the tickets ready and waiting but can't use them yet.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

punchymcpunch posted:

yes but its not ideal. lightning dmg seems to be pretty rad on him but you want a damage proc i think.

Only his passive is lightning damage, the rest is basic energy damage.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I want Iceman only because I have some absurdly good cold damage obelisks and no one to put them on.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
That 300 crystals will be a huge boost, though even with that I am still like 8-10 days from having 1k and being able to finish Wolverine.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Strange + Sharon should be able to do everything pretty easily, just work on your Strange rotation using the absurdly long iframes on the 4 to buy time between 5s. I did all of chapter 12 with just Strange.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Immune to Guard Break, or hit-stuns.

Yes, it's one of the major gold sinks outside of rolling ISO sets.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Carnage is terrible at T1 and amazing at T2.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I don't have him but he's the best Combat Hero now which is important for ABX. After him I'd say Kid Kaiju as he's very good for Speed ABX. Enchantress is very very powerful and doesn't even need T2, but there's a million good blast heroes.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The healing from the uniform is huge, and it gives his 3 skill a long period of immunity. Even at T1 I am able to solo just about any Shadowlands stage with him.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Ramadu posted:

goons tell me if im missing any of the good uniforms left

Biggest one I see is the new Gwenpool uniform, it's an absurd boost to her healing. Sif uniform is good also but mostly just lets her solo one of the early Shadowlands stages, not that important.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Sharon on 23 is really risky cause yea, she kills herself too easy.

Used Magnetman on 21 this week, Venom never even got to attack, stunlocked into a corner until he died.

I use Carnage on 22 usually, as even though there's two Blast dudes he has the damage and he's always invincible.

23 is Odin, Strange or Enchantress. Odin is a very easy clear just never auto attack and you'll take no damage.

24 is super easy, just use someone who is invincible a lot. I can clear it with Elsa even with the huge damage penalty.

25 is whatever best character I have left over.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jun 28, 2017

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Well you can use T2 tickets to save 1k crystals each which is what most people are doing.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

It occurred to me the other day that I hadn't actually T2ed anyone without a ticket. Like, it hadn't even occurred to me that I could just do it another way.

Every time I consider doing it, a new innate T2 comes out and makes me realize why it's dumb unless you have thousands and thousands of BAM/Chaos Norns. Or if you're a super whale.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Carnage isn't that good at T1, and you're grinding x-men mats all the time which you can only use on them. Using a ticket on him gets you a good character right now, not 4-5 months from now.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
My biggest issue with Magneto is now I don't want to spend crystals on anything, normally I would have grabbed a Mega 6* ticket or two during this sale but now I am just hoarding them.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Magneto is a monster in Battleworld/Alliance Conquest, he can stunlock entire enemy teams from anywhere on the field. Rank 123 in current Blast Battleworld, have not met a single team that was a close fight for Strange, Sharon, Mantis, Magneto, Wasp even playing 100% auto.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
My T2 Mantis can solo any stage she is usable on, and rarely even gets hit.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

I've barely pumped anything into punchclops. Other than MagnetMan and Snikt Bubs my X-Men haven't received any love. Since I got Odin and Thanos to 6* everything's been going into juicing them up.

My Cyclops was able to kill Luke with 17 gear and no iso/obelisk, it's a bit stupid how good he is in Shadowlands.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Shadowlands provides a decent amount and lets you pick the color.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
A-Force(Sister Grimm, She-Hulk, Singularity) characters are not obtainable in normal bio selectors, only the type-specific ones and the paid monthly one. This is true of quite a few other characters these days.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

Generally those (I think Gwenpoole, Birdman, Clea, I'm prob missing some) at least have mechanics for them to drop when running stages. It may be a pain in the rear end but there's a way to grind them. A-Force is one step above the paywalled characters in that they're selectable from the daily bios but that's it.

I'd say it'd be smart to come up with a way to grind A-Force since they're not players in the meta but I don't think anyone really cares at this point.

Yea, if you don't ticket the A-Force they are nigh impossible to get, but even if you do, their gear is a huge wall. I was able to get mine to 420 eventually by putting EVERY type selector I got into them for a long time, but I ticketed them to 6* to start with. 300-400 bios for 420 is a lot when you're getting 8 every few days, and god forbid you get unlucky and need closer to 600.

The only good part is that Sister Grimm and Singularity are both not really that good these days, so you can ignore them. She-Hulk is still incredible for her leadership though, and likely always will be one of the best leaderships in the whole game.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, there's been one or two times you could buy a T2 ticket for 6900 crystals but got 4400 back which is a crazy good deal for anyone not finished with BO characters.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
There was a time in the game where T2 Ant Man was good, that time was when there were almost no other T2 options.

There's a TON of better characters now, do not bother with Ant Man he is bad.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I still use Team Pym as one of my daily WB clears :shrug:

Yea Team Pym still works fine, but like, why would you use T2 Ant-Man when T2 Yellowjacket can do the same thing but in 10% of the time. Or if you need a speed, there's a bunch of way better options like Elsa, Gwenpoole, Spiderman, even Kamala.

Ant-Man is a legacy from a lower power level time, he can still do all of the things he could then, but now you have far better options for T2 characters.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The only daily challenge that is 100% out of line is WBU, even a world boss kill is doable 6/7 days of the week for a somewhat new player as long as they pick a solid starter character. Both of them should be removed as dailies, but WBU is a loving joke especially with Supergiant not even being killable by most summoners.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I love how T2 Storm gets almost instantly killed at the start of a solo rumble, and then her first skill goes off and every enemy is stunlocked until they die.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
One full clear is worth it for sure for the new uni upgrade tickets first clear bonus. But after that? gently caress no. New Shadowlands is stupid with how much harder they made it, new players got completely screwed by the new stages. Even for me with a pretty well built roster and all of the top tier characters it took real effort to clear SL due to how rough the final 5 stages are.

From now on I'll clear to 15 and then maybe come back later in the week to get to 25 for some cards and isos, but only if I feel like it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Largepotato posted:

Is there anything I can do with these extra Magnetman bios now that I have him at 4/20 with enough to also T2?

Feed them to Jean/Thanos/Dormammu/etc. It's easily the best bios/energy mission in the game.

bagrada posted:

So that reddit newbie guide says to get the netflix iron fist uni (thats the shirtless hobo one right?) and elsa's uniform (secret wars or monsters unleashed?). Anything else worth grabbing for a relatively new account that won't have Thanos anytime soon? I got Lady Loki from a previous sale.
Thanks.

This depends a lot on what characters you have, if you post your in game name I can take a look.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Those all have good costumes, but Sharon is the only top tier character out of them. I would get hers for sure, you will keep using her for a long time. Captain Marvel's uni is good, but she kinda needs her T2 to be worth it. Uniform sales are very common now so I wouldn't worry about grabbing anything for characters you don't have at 6* or close to it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Shadowlands and the Alliance store are your two best options.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Spider-Man 2099 or Carnage. Spider is better overall, though Carnage is still the #1 for Combat Villain ABX.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, Jean's damage is insane and she's perfect for WBU Ebony Maw since he wants elemental damage.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Damage proc is huge, especially a 200%. I reroll every obelisk that isn't a damage proc or invincibility > 4s.

Currently using a double fire damage + damage proc one on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
So after I finish Spider $20.99 I will have some bio sub left to grab either Ironheart or Agent Venom. I have some tickets that can get them to 6* but won't be getting them to T2 any time soon. I already have a max Wolverine so ABX isn't a worry.

Who's better?