Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

You have to buy it. I guess you recoup 1500 crystals over the epic quest but that is crazy expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Applied to worst alliance as Solwyn.

I'm wondering what I should use the upcoming 6* ticket on. I'm a pretty new player, the only high-rank characters I have are Sharon and Loki.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Speaking of chaos norns, I'm on that section of both epic quests and I'm not sure which one I should finish first. I only have 5 characters at rank 6 right now, so I'm not getting them very quickly. The Wolverine quest doesn't require as many, but Strange seems more useful.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The Dave posted:

Wow is Quicksilver annoying to fight in WB.

How do they expect you to beat him in 15 seconds to unlock Cable, short of having Jean or something.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I got a 2-star ticket. That's something I guess.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Jesus, after about 50 tries, I finally managed to beat Quicksilver in 15 seconds. I'm pretty sure I had about a tenth of a second left, I was literally in the process of hitting the gear icon to try again when he died.

Magneto, Wolverine and Storm with three dodge ignores and Wolverine at 20/20/16/20 was barely enough. I guess I need better cards.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I have been so loving unlucky with leveling Cyclops' gear. I've been at it for like a month and haven't even finished his third slot yet. He's all I need for Jean, just give me a break game!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I just finally ranked up Jean to 6* and I'm not really impressed. I was hoping to finally finish the story with her but she can barely even get to the 12-7 boss, and does barely any damage when she does get there. She's still level 55, do those last 5 levels make that much of a difference, or what else am I missing here?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Jesus, more story missions. How much more difficult can they be?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I have 30k gear-up kits. I didn't even think it was possible to run out.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

They really couldn't have picked a worse time to try this. Even if the crates are pretty generous (big if), a lot of people are pretty riled up about loot crates and are opposed to them just on principle.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Tom Gorman posted:

Holy poo poo lmfao

This is true by the way, Ramadu isn't loving around. They stealth added this in after the Korean forums asked about it.

???? What that ever in doubt? It already said the box was only a "chance" at bios for the new characters.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

This event quest finally motivated me to buckle down and finish 12-7 and 12-8 instead of just waiting for Jean to sleepwalk through everything.

Turns out a manually played Dr. Strange is basically unbeatable. Who knew. (13-8 sucks though)

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

Note that the ticket in a couple days is just a 6*, not a mega 6.

That's the login reward, the event shop has a mega 6 in it.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I'm glad Wolverine isn't restricted in Platinum this week. Last week made me realize that he carries my whole team.

So many people too dumb to put him in the first slot, so mine just kills their first guy and then wins by time-out.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Dravs posted:

Is there any way to get a 6 star rank up ticket? I got a 3 star Blue Marvel out of a chest and got him up to 5 stars using the tickets from the new years event but I can't get him any further.

They give those out for attendance events or event shops every so often. Unless you can manage to beat the last story level (which gives you either a 6* Blue Marvel or a bunch of bios if you already have him), you'll probably just have to wait.

Edit: Oh, the first time you beat Floor 6 of Shadowland also gives a 6* rank up ticket.

Edit 2: If you get super lucky you could get one out of the New Year boxes too, apparently.

Zokari fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jan 4, 2018

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Glad I held off on buying the Netflix Punisher costume.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Agent Venom, Spider-Man 2099 and Valkyrie are all good for a Shadowland clear even at T1. Quasar is probably pretty good too but I haven't ranked her up yet.

Edit: Oh, yeah. Enchantress is also good.

Zokari fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 6, 2018

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I'm kinda surprised rank-up tickets work on X-23. What else was I gonna use all these things on?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

Game's back up.

BP's costume is only 5.5k and the others are 1,050.

It doesn't look that bad considering the BP pack comes with a T2 ticket and the costume is legendary but lol at anyone saving up for Adam Warlock if this is going to be the new norm.

It seems like the actually good rewards from the new cinematic battle are locked behind buying the package, though. I have like 9000 crystals since I haven't really bought anything lately, but they have definitely been getting way more aggressive with making you shell out huge amounts of crystals for stuff.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Also haha, they changed the animation for Satana's uniform 6* skill. I wonder if anyone's mad about that.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Story talk: I was able to beat every story mission with a manually-played uniform Dr. Strange. The last couple levels of chapter 13 were pretty dicey but doable. Granted that's only useful if you already finished his epic quest.

Those Ultimates packs are pretty gross, though. It's arguably a worse deal than the boxes that people were so up-in-arms about, at least you could buy those with crystals.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

No, weirdly Satana is considered premium so no selectors. Hellstorm isn't though, figure that poo poo out.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Just realize that my Magneto didn't have an obelisk or isos equipped. Still good for a late-teens Shadowland clear all this time, though. :shrug:

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

AzraelNewtype posted:

When you buy her, the package turns into Emma bios for 1250c. On average, you'll need three of them.

Jesus, should have known better than to be pleasantly surprised at her price.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

justbark posted:

I’ve got the Wolverine Marvel Now uniform and I’m 15-0 so far against the AoA wolverine. I’m in the gold league, though.

He has 183,457 combat points and is equipped with the CTP of Transcendence. Uniform level is advanced. CTP is probably the secret sauce more than the uni though.

Yeah, probably. I'm in vibranium and I don't even have any CTPs on my team.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Both Jean and Adam are banned this week in Vibranium. RIP me.

Also my no-uniform Wolverine has a pretty decent record against the new-uniform Wolverine. I don't think it's very good.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

If it's burning a hole in your pocket Loki's Ragnarok uniform is the best choice because you then get one of the best cards in the game from the legendary battle.

That Loki uniform is also extremely good and makes Loki worth using. The Thor movie uniform also gives you a premium card but isn't quite as good as Loki's uniform.

I know people say it's fine to focus on characters you like, but Mega Mythic tickets are extremely rare and valuable. It's likely that you'll never get another one.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

im freaking the heck out posted:

I use Modok for SL levels in the teens, your Modok must be shameful. :smith:

Imagine being so desperate you have to resort to Modok to clear Shadowland. Truly shameful. :mmmhmm:

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Just unlocked Wanda. Should I put Thanos on hold to level her up or finish Thanos first?

Thanos is kind of mediocre by today's standards unless you have his (fuckin' expensive) uniform. Plus Infinity War is basically guaranteed to have an even better uniform so it's probably not a good idea to buy it right now anyway.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

bagrada posted:

Incoming T3 upgrades. Man I just needed a few more months to get everyone to T2.

Edit I should mention it may just be for Captain America so far, from the wording.

I see people complaining about more grind but I'm personally at the point where I don't really have much else to do. Giving me another goal besides ranking up lovely characters I'll never use sounds fine.

Edit: Guess I better work on T2ing Cap. :blush:

Zokari fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 10, 2018

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Also it sounds like you'll need mats from World Boss Ultimate to T3 dudes so that's fun.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The first-clear rewards are going away in WBU so you should grab whatever ones you can, I guess.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Sure am glad I held off on the old Thanos uniform.

Groot kinda weirds me out.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Quicksilver is literally the best WBU killer in the game right now. If you can't beat it with him then no one else is gonna cut it for you. Wolverine is also pretty good, do you have bad cards or something?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Ragnarok Thor is already good, I don't really see the point in spending 1000 crystals + however many resources in ranking up the uni to make him somewhat better.

I bought Cap, Winter Soldier and Thanos and am pretty happy with them. I didn't have the old Thanos uniform though.

Iron Man and Widow's are somewhat tempting, though...

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

and there's the rumor of the second batch of costumes.

"Rumor", there's promo art showing a bunch of new uniforms not in the game yet and Scarlet Witch appears in a cutscene for legendary battle with her movie outfit. No way they'd model her just for that.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The problem with the Corvus and Proxima uniforms is that only really long-time players are going to have the Black Order guys ranked up already because literally every other native T2 is better than them. I just don't have the bios to spare with the level cap rise!!!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Adult Sword Owner posted:

She is top tier with her uni tho

e: and jfc Quicksilver etc are massive time investments. Ignoring all of the other poo poo you have to kill Quicksilver >70 times< to even start to work on Cable, let alone SW and Apoc.

Even with her uniform, Quicksilver is still better and doesn't cost 1000 crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

The Dave posted:

Keke is teasing T3 Iron Man and Spider Man.

Are they aware that it takes like 2 months to T3 a character and that barely anyone even has T3 Captain America yet.

Edit: T3 Spider-Man is gonna do horrible things to Timeline.