Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Dead on Arrival posted:

When I last played this Card Crafting and Pierce wasn't a thing. What kind of team, etc do I need to successfully run Dimension Rifts so I can farm cubes?

T3 Thor* at 80 is the best I've found on autoplay, but I think you have to beat Knull or another WBL with him to unlock his second potential. So I'd try T3 70 Thor in the lower difficulties, or whoever your best meta character is. In the meantime as long as you can beat a single level in time you can tag in on someone else's clear. It's just hard to tell if they are going to complete it themselves or not. You can turn on notifications, watch for rifts opening by friends/guildmates, and see if it gets to 25%-40% within the first 10 minutes or so. You can then join in and as long as you complete your run before it hits 100% you'll get one of the two daily cube chests. You only get two joins a day (plus one opening yourself) so if it fails you miss out though, that was hard for me until I got Thor to 80 and just soloed my own plus one other I see during the day. I probably lost about half my attempts to people either not completing it in time, or completing it before I could get a run in.

If you've been back for a while, check your inventory for a Second Potential Realization Ticket, they gave one out a month or so ago with little fanfare.

Rifts are oddly difficult for beginners, but multiple people can team up to complete them under the timer so if you are having big trouble post your name and a time of day and people can keep an eye out and jump in to help you finish them. I usually have an entry left over each day.

*I have Thor's latest uniform and a double lightning damage obelisk on him. Valkyrie is great support for him, and Odin and Loki can help him out. If you have Loki built but not Thor he may be okay at it, he was great at dispatch for a while before T4s and levels above 70 were introduced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Is there a gimmick for the last 25 bars of Dormammu's second phase, like when you lose a lot of pierce if you step in the goo on Gorr? I should bite the bullet and just keep spamming into multiplayer until I get a group that works. Solo I can get to the last 25 bars or so trivially with a bunch of characters but then things slow to a crawl and I can't finish him before time. It doesn't look like I'm losing buffs or getting debuffs but its hard for me to tell what's what on my tiny phone screen.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I tried Dormammu again on lunch, looks like getting hit in phase 2 has to be knocking out my pierce. At least I think I'm seeing -pierce flash briefly with all the other text spam when I get hit by the purple fire. So I just need practice and patience to know where it is safe to animation lock into a combo. I've got 25% pierce though my stats on the cards suck. Ms Marvel with Wave lead and White Fox support is kicking his rear end today. I think I could have ground him down before time ran out but I had to stop to take a phone call. I'll try it again later if I get time.

I'm getting a T3 backlog again. I need Ancient One, She Hulk and Taskmaster for more support. I've got a bajillion ccf and mandalorian gems but none of the other stuff thanks to everyone needing gear upgrades.

I wish it was Ironheart kicking rear end rather than Shuri, I like the ramshackle armor uni better than the casual clothes one in this release.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Got Dormammu down with the Wave lead White Fox support Ms Marvel damage team. Took me 3-4 tries to get his final pattern down then I got him with a minute to spare, playing it incredibly safe around those rolling death balls. Used 6 boosts (200ish points) and got... 45 soul of the faltine and zero books. It did say you get better rewards grouped than solo.

Yeah I'm not bothering anymore until they change things up or power creep lets me 1 shot him in a couple minutes with multiple T3s and 80s. Maybe we'll get a T4 selector with the anniversary next year.

twistedmentat posted:

Nobody will join a team with a t3 non WBU character
and I still cannot loving beat Mepheston. Like its not even a skill or a character thing, my phone literally cannot do the wiggle the stick thing back and forth, if i do that movement it brings up the options. I am completely destroying him with zero effort but then that happens and oops, all dead.

Play someone fast so you don't get caught in the wiggle, especially if this is the part where you hit the 5 runes. Spidey is great for that for instance. I know what you mean though, my options are a button I can place anywhere around the edge and it doesnt matter where I put it I will hit it during some crucial fight.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks to the guildy who was throwing me GBR invites last week. I rejected the first few invites because I was at work, then my battery was dying, then I was clicking around the screen doing stuff and managed to reject it before I saw it pop up. I finally got in on a combat day and brought Thor because I wasn't sure what to do, and pretty much got carried. Cheers and thanks anyway. Hoping to get to where I have a competent team for each day soon.

I've now got him down on speed (Wave, Ms Marvel, White Fox) and universal (Thena lead/dps, Sersi, White Fox) days though I still find it easy to screw up and get hit by too many bowling balls in the final minutes. Had a painful one where the party leader picked 3 crappy speed characters then dropped or died immediately once in the match. I did 80% of the work on my underpowered* Thena, the Thor with me died in the middle of phase 2. Then I lost Thena with 4 bars to go. Managed to get him to 1.5 bars with Sersi and White Fox then ran out of time. Painful. The follow up I got a Thor and Hulk who stayed alive and did 25% each so that was the easiest fight I've had outside of him doing the field of death with safe zones twice in a row for some buggy reason, first time seeing that and Hulk almost bit it to the surprise.

For combat days I'm working on She-Hulk to lead for Hulk, I can still do decent damage with him though I guess I missed his golden days and a lot of tier lists are showing him in the dumpster. I have Venom at T3 so I can start working on him I guess. Carnage is still T2 60. I'm a few uniforms behind on both but black friday is coming up. Or maybe the upcoming Captain America uniform and level 80 will make him meta again.

Not sure who to work on for blast. I have Storm and Iron Man at 80 but don't know either well and they need CTPs. I've always been bad at Doctor Strange but I'll probably take another look at him. I don't have Wong or Ancient One at T3, that patch I gambled on Clea getting a uniform and lost. I'm kind of hoping they boost Cable, Jean Grey or someone I already have prepped.

I got better loot this time. Whenever I solo him I just get a scattering of faltine. Got 1 universal book when I got carried, and got one of each book today with 150ish boost points. Guess I'll get somewhere eventually if I keep jumping in when I get time. I assume it snowballs once you get a couple of T4s and he gets easier.

*I loaded a youtube of someone fighting him with Thena and he had 2x the physical and energy attack I did. I can only assume its on the cards/pierce. I prioritized just getting blue stars on everything no matter the stat so I have like 50% fire/poison/cold resist etc. Need to get more p-cards I guess to start fine tuning it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

bobmcdynamite posted:

Thanks to the free time afforded by a particularly nasty strain of covid that I caught, those invites will probably keep coming this week.

Oh man, feel better soon. My parents are just coming out of a bout, thankfully theirs was light, knock on wood.

Thanks for the tips. I threw a judgment on Storm because I had an extra, I'll have to watch for more rages for Venom and Iron Man. Next sale on unequips I'll go through my T3s and strip a couple who are no longer meta. I think I have a rage on Scarlet Witch and rage or energy on Jean Grey that aren't getting used right now.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The only realistic way to get those card cubes now is by being involved in finishing rifts, you can get 2 boxes a day with 3 chances: opening your own rift, or joining up to two others. It's a gamble because without the pierce its hard to solo clear the rifts in time, and with it they can get cleared before people can tag in for daily credit. Before I got max level T3 Thor with pierce for solo clearing, I watched for rifts that were at 20%+ soon after opening and did the fastest one I could just to tag in, then helped finish to 100% when it was needed. edit: I did turn notifications back on to watch for other people's rifts, since I'd turned those off week one way back when I started five or six years ago now.

As for Mephisto, the way I did it at the start was to have T3 Spider-Man or someone very fast and dodgy as my third character and it didn't matter if they got caught. There's an angle though where you can run past him and avoid his attack every time while still making progress towards the number. Basically run sideways towards behind him if that makes sense. With a fast character you can maneuver to get to the number even if you have to go the long way around. I picked it up by watching cynicalex on youtube I think, I don't remember what my pierce was at the time I got my first 10 kills but it wasn't more than 4-6% max. Getting more pierce made it much easier to get multiple kills with more people though for sure, and now I have a few that just outright kill him in 2-3 rotations without letting him do anything, without any T4s yet. It's easier for me to kill him and Knull than Thanos lately since Thanos just loves interrupting you so much.

I can only skim this at work but it might help, I don't see the speedy dodger method but he does show getting caught and the gist to stay behind him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOVRX5l2ZRo

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 16, 2022

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

Where did the rotation site go? It's not at that weird 21000dollor thing anymore.

It might come back, I've seen it seem down a few times. I haven't been in a week or so and it just won't load for me now.

Cynicalex has a google doc he just restored that has his guides, which differed a bit on some of the characters but should be good in a pinch:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H0Hcl9oVZV9gA266xkJAqPv5bD1qwqhC5NeVbLj_-FE/edit#gid=190850363

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I had a harder time with Dormammu last night and was wondering if it was the damage bug people have been talking about. I've been killing him once daily for the last few weeks and wanted to start moving up to more. I can usually carry with Thena or Ms Marvel on universal or speed day, though its slow as hell in phase 2. I'm about halfway towards T4 Black Bolt and really need to start killing him with more people. From watching other people fight, in theory I have a dozen or so characters that can do the damage, but not enough supports to go with them. I guess its just a matter of spamming lobbies until I get someone who can pull their own weight to help, or if I'm lucky carry me. I had a Storm join a few days ago that was the fastest clear I'd ever seen, completely skipping most of his mechanics. Nine times out of ten it will be someone who looks like they have a solid team but only does a fraction of my damage. I had a T4 Thor suicide the first chance he got while spamming SORRY, and I get a surprising number of fights that start easy where the T4 doesn't get into a safe spot and leaves me to do the last 20 bars solo. I imagine it will get easier as I start to get my own T4s. The other thing I need to do is start rerolling my blue stars to have better stats but that will be expensive in both gems and p-cards.

I haven't touched alliance battle legend since the first week or so. I'm sitting on 4k of each red gem though, getting gear to 25 is my bottleneck and I have more T3s I want to boost than transcended people. I think my queue right now is Black Bolt then Jean T4; Polaris, Taskmaster, maybe Ancient One and Wong T3; and Angel and Beast transcended maybe. I'm sure there will be a few new meta people before I finish Black Bolt's gear to 30.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Got Black Bolt to 4x30 now it's just 2 weeks of getting the saltines cap until I get my first T4. As is with his sith lord uniform he seems to do the same damage as my Thena team to Dormammu but with much less healing so I really have to watch the mechanics.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

GBR can be such a long grind too. Both the fight itself and how long it takes to get a T4. Took me two months of daily kills, but I bought the daily boost pack for the last few weeks and had boost from the alliance store for a week before that. The 200 boost upped my daily saltines from like 20 to 120, it's dumb. They need to add more sources of t4 mats, preferably a solo method, and halve Dormammu's health.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I got to the point where I can carry on Dormammu on either T4 Black Bolt or T3 Ms Marvel on speed day, and Thena holds her own if I get someone else who can at least do a bit of damage. The only time I bail is when someone with a terrible team is host and keeps rejecting the third person even if they look reasonable. Or if the other two players intentionally suicide the first chance they get, which I've seen a few lazy T4 iron mans do.

The only trouble I have is when the script breaks, which happens about once a week. Getting back-to-back danger zones in the end run, or the purple balls fly around randomly instead of following the line. Not sure if that's the host lagging or what but its gotten me killed a few times when I don't catch it fast enough. Even when the fight is easy though its so boring and tedious. I wonder how many people are just whaling out to T4 almost every release to have the devs keep the grind as the only other option.

Debating who to do next but I have time as it takes about 2-3 months to get enough stuff even with full boost. By then there will be 5 more options. I think I'm just gonna do Iron Man because he's my weakest 80, or Cap America. Both will come back eventually in the long run even if they are out of the movies for now.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Level 80 makes a huge difference for sure. I cruised through to the end with 80 Thor a few months ago, then just went back with T4 Black Bolt and some more 80s and cleaned up a lot of the completion I was missing. Haven't tried the new set of missions yet.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

For anyone lapsed but still interested, the anniversary event is spinning up. I think you get a T3 selector to start but it only has a few basic avenger choices, and today's gift was a gold reward.

I got Jean to T4 and am still dutifully doing my daily world bosses and giant boss raid but may call it a day after the anniversary ends depending on how the releases look. Leaks show the obvious Guardians of the Galaxy 3 event coming up, but other than that I'm curious as to their plans. I won't doomsay but things have been slow lately and T3 and T4 mats are still tediously slow to accumulate without spending money.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The new PvP mode isn't bad, I just threw in some of my usual timeline characters (avoiding jean and hulk since universal, phoenix and gamma chars are nerfed heavily for the mode today) and won 3/5, getting the dailies. Definitely not thrilled with another equipped item to work on with the swords though.

It is cool they added the T4 mats to Galactus. They should throw some in master mold too, maybe with bonus drops until you get enough for your first T4 as a catchup mechanism.

I'm waiting to see what the next set of new chars/uniforms is then probably bowing out, too much to keep up with this days and I've accomplished all the goals I care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Anyone still playing this? I'm tempted to check in for the anniversary freebies but I've mostly moved on after uninstalling last summer. The few previews I caught didn't look too exciting.