Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Dave posted:

So your ideal patch would have been something that was completely automated and wasn't a challenge? What are you actually getting out of the game then? Just trying to play devil's advocate.

My ideal patch would have Juggernaut in it, tbqh. He's who I'm holding on for and the barrier between me breaking my F2P-only vow and giving Netmarbu my money.

But I'm not the player they're really making decisions for. As I've said I don't spend money on the game, I've been playing since nearly day 1 so I've got just about everything that isn't paywalled, to do everything takes nearly the entire three hours of hottime at night since I'm not always in a position to do anything during the day, by nature the game is extremely grindy and had it not been for automation I'd have tapped out a long time ago. I enjoy Shadowlands and had finally gotten to the point where I could clear it comfortably; these changes are probably welcomed by those who have been crushing it for a while but to me it's a "just when you got the answers I change the questions" kind of move. WBU is the only bridge too far for me right now and I'm not sure the amount of effort required to clear that is worth the reward.

The other thing is I'm in one of our heavy periods at work and anything that requires expending energy on non-work related matters doesn't sound appealing. Maybe once it passes I'll feel more up to running alliance battles and the World Bosses that require more than two brain cells. And like I said, once Juggernaut comes out I'm all-in unless he ends up being complete trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

STAC Goat posted:

They only added mutants a few months ago after them being left out for a long time because of legal stuff. Colossus is definitely a likely addition for the next batch or when they get around to a Deadpool patch.

And again, if this isn't Colossus' 6* move then this game can gently caress off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLpovcDujw

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Did my first trip to SL and, to the surprise of probably no one, I didn't like it. I get the idea that SL may have been stale for the upper end of players and that a slight reshuffling was necessary, and I was initially on board with adding on more difficult levels at the top. But I don't care for the restructuring at all. It's eliminated any sort of strategy in when to go for a Relay or a Rumble and made them mandatory by floor; this is the rumble floor, this is the boss floor, you will do those here and nothing else. Rumbles and Wave floors being more difficult by nature eliminates the lower end of your roster that previously would have been able to stand a chance in a single-digit floor. They're also not fun; Rumbles are whoever can crap out the most DPS or avoid being stunned and Waves are doing Boss stages but x3 in the same time period and it doesn't matter how good your plan is if you can't crap out enough damage in 3:00.

Combine this with the changes to the daily challenges which have served to either make more difficult if not eliminate a daily source of crystals and now I'm having to work twice as hard for half the rewards, which goes against a base fundamental of game design. The grind was already getting to me before, this patch is pushing me towards the door. I get that I'm not the player they're worried about since I don't give them money and it's the whales that keep them in business, but man do I feel like I've gotten the rug pulled out from underneath me here. I know netmarbu's been good about listening to the community and making things more user-friendly so I'm not ready to drop the game outright, but I'm a lot less eager to play than I was a week or so ago, which sucks.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Doomtalker posted:

Worst Alliance has 5 openings, in case anybody would like to join. We're level 30 and kinda do alright in Alliance Risk!

p.s. this is the new leader of worst alliance. address all complaints accordingly.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Dave posted:

I'm not sure anything was as bad as grinding those Clea bios though.

If there was ever a time to justify a F2P player buying a Mega 6* ticket, that quest was it.

Also have they put my boy in yet? If not, I'm heading out for a walk.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Dave posted:

All the stuff that didn't make it in time for this update are shown off in the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCtiz0fZpGA

I assume they kept Apocalypse out because he doesn't have a giant drill that lasts for like 10 seconds and KO's anyone it touches that isn't blocking.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
where the gently caress is juggernaut netmarbu

gambit a bitch gimme the :itjb:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah the T1 WW buff just happens to stick around when you swap characters. The classic combo is to start with Daisy and use her buff (preferably with her uniform so it gives 2 procs) then switch to WW and use his buff, then switch to someone with a high damage attack and oneshot a boss. Daisy's uni isn't really a good crystal investment at this point though -- this particular cheese strat will basically only net you one WB kill a day and it's way more effort than using an OP hero and just mashing on buttons until you win.

The old Worgwalf/Daisy/Proxima combo back in the day, for when you wanted to kill Black Dwarf in about six seconds.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

fart simpson posted:

Not many people have cable yet...

More people would have cable but they're cord-cutting.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
So I'm kinda getting the itch to jump back in. How long do you have to be inactive for to get the max rewards, I think I'm at least at a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Every time I think about getting back into this game I read something like that and feel justified about getting out.

Still haven't deleted the app off my phone in hoping the next group of mutants will have my boy :itjb: in it but I don't even know if that'll lure me back at this point.