Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

it turns him to speed so you wont be able to do the same exact floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

haha nah i get it. ever since shadowland started telling you who you used to clear the floor last week i just do that without even looking at the requirements

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

looks like a free mega t2 ticket so make sure you grab that

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Do the mega T2s work for premium characters? I feel like past ones I've had haven't but maybe that was selectors. T2ing a regular guy is of less value to me than 6*ing a premium.

they work for bio sub or crystal walls yeah. i forget whether they just need to be unlocked or whether they need to be 6*.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

really wish theyd change it back to how it was a week ago when danger room only took about 90 seconds

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

So right now I'm leaning towards holding onto it for Namor or future adds.

yeah pretty much. namors definitely worth it if you can put a rage on him, but if not, i think id just wait and see who they add

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

We seem overdo for an Epic Quest and Xavier/House of X might be a worthwhile one. But I say that every update.

same. they did mention epic quests in the survey results a few weeks ago though so maybe

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i just wait until tomorrow

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

why do they hate wolverine so much

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Any thoughts on Squad Battle? It gives out decent rewards so far but its basically like a really tedious ABX that I guess you're just supposed to do nonstop?

i think the rewards are pretty bad, but it looks like you can autoplay it. one more weekly chore i guess

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I guess I got lucky with my boxes. I'm pretty sure I got a couple of million gold boxes.

yes it crits at 1 mil. the usual drop is just 50k

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, this is funny. I'm currently ranked #1 in Squad Battle.

There are a grand total of 7 players with pts!

lmao

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

I think I missed a day of rewards for this new check in. Should I have 50 or 100 before today’s reset?

50, its still day 1

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

The only characters i don't have at T2 are all premium characters, and mega tickets never work on those.

mega tickets work on them, thats why theyre so valuable

Steve Vader posted:

I forget. Does the Mega T2 take anyone from anywhere to T2 or do they already need to be 6* or something?

6*

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ghost panther, nick fury, or save it imo

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 29, 2020

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Shadow Shell and Doctor Voodoo are the best, I think, but neither is a game breaker. I think Shell is "premium" though? So she might be worth a ticket. Not sure.

shell's the opposite of premium, you get a few hundred of her bios for free from the shield missions.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Drashin posted:

So I just started and applied to Marble Hedrons in game name is DrashinSA. Can anyone approve my invite?

done

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

The t3 selected they're giving us, is that just going to be for characters you can normally use selectors on?

That's what I'm assuming it will be for, so I'm going to end up with a T3 Iron Man.

its all the farmable normal cost ones, the announcement had a list of all the elligibles. theres 10 ish

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im gonna have to use it on can't man lol

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

people worry about that every mcu patch and it never happens. im pretty sure netmarble just work off the trailer and maybe some concept art

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

that said.... yeah id laugh too lol

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

They announced a change yesterday I think.

http://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/75/1601383

So yeah, the 300 CCF seem like they might be the bigger value to get me Thanos or even Strange or Crescent faster than to just get Winter Soldier when I don't see myself doing much with him.

Critera: All selectable Tier-3 characters are owned at Tier-3

so unless im reading it wrong, its only for people who own all the options already. you cant strategically get the 300 ccf

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thats beta ray bills hammer yeh?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

bagrada posted:

I don't have Professor X and the sale ends tomorrow. I'm not likely to earn him freely through qualified Danger Room weekly rewards. I played just enough of that to get Rachel and Negasonic to T2 and the occasional quest requirement to play it. I've only got about 2200 crystals saved up so I'd have to drop ~$20 or whatever. I'm a character collector primarily so it kinda bugs me not having him. Originally I'd have dropped the crystals the second he came out but I've been cooling on the game lately, not to mention FTP phone games in general after Avengers Academy shut down and took my money with it.

Does anyone use him much? Is he worth the 4500-1250 crystals or whatever it works out to? Did Rachel and Negasonic ever become available a different way that I didn't notice?

i grabbed him to make up 10k in the last crystal spend event, and have him at t2. hes definitely the best of the three, as dps and as a world boss striker, but i dunno. im guessing hes just never going to get a costume, because theres no way anyone could ever get enough bios to level one up, so he will inevitably fall behind and never get improved. negasonic was pretty good when she was released and shes already useless, what, 6 months later?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i always say "well we're due for an epic quest" and it never is one

but we are due for one

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

star turd is this months t3. rest in piece. another month of farming ccfs i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ZVVAkbwE4

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i hope theres one more sneak peak to announce two new captain america uniforms

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Ugh, I forgot about Research Missions and how much of a slog they are. I'm short of Norn Stones of Chaos and am getting slowed down. Also not fun burning a bunch of Blast Books to fuel the Milano, but ah well.

My next T3 options:

Apocalypse is ready save for CCF. I don't have his uniform, though.
Namor is the same.
Black Widow just needs CCF - I've got her new black uni, too.
Thanos needs U-Books and CCF.

Dr. Strange, Professor X, and Magneto were all ready to go until I had to burn the B-Books. I guess the same will be said for Star-Lord when I finally finish the quest.

Down the line are Scarlet Witch (Lvl 66), Wolverine (66), Iron Man (66), Ant-Man (62), Spider-Man (62), Bucky (62).

black widow imo. apocalypse is only good with his uni, without it hes legit bad

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MonkeyBot posted:

I have over 22,000 clear tickets. I cannot even imagine a world where I run out of them.

Edit: So Phyla-Vell can really only get ally shifter and 20 a day bios? They won't even let you buy them for her?

yeah, so shes a pretty good candidate for the free monthly mega t2 ticket

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

So i grabbed the sub to get Phyla-Vel and then realized that i had a 6* mega ticket, so it was a little pointless for that. I finished off Carnage to t2 and I guess after that Crescent, but of the characters I don't have from the sub I wonder which is the best one to put any extras into; Blond Widow, Kid Kaiju, Rescue, Electro, Zemo, Aero, or Slapstick. It's probably between Widow, Zemo and Rescue. What I'll probably just do is unlock them all with a single days pull and then decide.

id say unlock blonde widow, drop a mega t2 on her, use her bios on her costume. since the others all have no costume or a lovely costume and also afaik shes the only good one on the list

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah. I mean you need big bruisers and it always helps to have other good players on your team. But the real trick is learning how to dodge his attacks. Galactus is basically like Thanos. He's got a bunch of really hard to avoid attacks that kill you dead. You have to die a bunch of times learning the pattern and then figure out where to step and when. Especially with those times he jumps to the side of screen. There's a timing for avoiding them by going to either side of the screen but you have to nail it or at least throw up ignore targeting at the right time.

its actually pretty easy, he does a thing with his hands when hes about to do something spicy. like he holds his hands out and goes graaaargh, so you can just switch to another character and run around. other than his graaaargh phases he never does purple attacks and never ccs you so you can just hammer out your rotation. if there are one or two sharon rogereses in the fight he might never even get to do a purple attack

STAC Goat posted:

Sounds like Starlord isn't a huge improvement?

nah its a huge improvement. he gets a big damage accumulation effect on his 5th skill

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, you can see it coming once you know its there. Its just that side attack is a bit of a timing thing. Like you gotta be on one side and dodge them to get to the other. Its not that hard once you figure it out but it can be easy to mess up. And it takes some patience unless you or your team are big enough bruisers to bypass the stages.

Good to hear that about Starlord. It feels like the costumes are divided up into categories

Make someone kind of useless useful
Starlord, Cyclops

Make someone good into possibly a player
Thor, Cap, Crescent, Magneto

Make someone great possibly top tier
Luna, Quicksilver

Make someone already top tier even bigger
Jean, Wanda, Deadpool

basically yeah. also make someone mediocre still mediocre

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I have her costume but haven't noticed her being a killer. But it seems the T3 bump really does it because the other week she was absolutely wrecking my poo poo in Timeline.

yes, her t3 is huge. shes s-tier in pve and pvp

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

theres two movie ones btw. black one is better for pve, white one is better for pvp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

So they took things out of the store before the event was over?

What an incredible, galaxy brain decision

I think I might be fully done with this dumb game

do you mean the holiday costume store? that was from the last update and was strictly for whales