Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Any goon alliances have open spots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

What are the active goon alliances at the moment?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

absolute j-unit posted:

Doctor Goons is active! Our alliance bonuses and store are at max level. Just post in the thread after you apply with your account name and one of us will approve you.

Rock. Just applied under my real name starting with J, ending with Z.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Random questions aimed at post-lvl-100 players that I've not been able to successfully google for answers:

- I'm consistently running up against the inventory cap for phoenix feathers so I've been using them on mutants whenever they have gear or costumes to level up or on creating uniform upgrade kits just to make sure I don't lose any. Is there a better way to use these and should I care about wasting any? I've been reticent to start creating black anti-matter when I still have so many characters to take from I to II that will use those norn stones.

- Do you ever stop messing with custom gear? Like, you've got all your characters equipped with whatever you want that isn't CTP so you can go ahead and either sell whatever obelisks you pick up or dump them into your agent badge.

- Do you actually max out on danger room attempts? That seems miserable. A couple of months in and I still have no idea what's happening in this mode.

- Do you sell or combine your 1* and 2* uru and cards?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

TY for answers to earlier questions. One other newbie question here: with the 6600 crystals I've saved up, does it make more sense to pick up Magneto (which would also effectively include Jean Grey) or Moonstone? My understanding is that power creep has made Moonstone indispensable.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Dear Netmarble,

Please stop making me do Danger Room as part of an event or daily, it is bad and not fun and takes too long.

Signed me.

Can I cosign and add eliminating World Boss Invasions that require use of at least one co-op skill?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

A surfing dog?! posted:

Sentry starting at level 55 did good work for me in Vibranium.

Thank you for pointing this out. Swapped in my lvl 55 Sentry for Starlord and jumped up a couple hundred points in gold pretty readily even on full autoplay.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Finally got past level 35 on Shadowland and the result is...sort of underwhelming? I'm glad to get a mode where I can just play as much as I want if I'm feeling braindead but this seems kinda dull.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Of the characters I have that are MRUT-able, Valkryie seems like the best use but I don't have her latest costume. She still worth it even in vanilla form?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Congrats to everyone who was awake for the crafting bonanza.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

The Dave posted:

I imagine they are trying to figure out the right way to roll everything back, there's no way it's taking this long to just fix the bug from causing future issues.

Yeah, that makes sense. I hadn't really stopped to think about how much complexity could be involved in trying to fix however many thousands of accounts magically winding up with a treasure trove of potentially game-breaking goodies. It's part coding, part game strategy crafting, and part PR. It'll be interesting to see how this resolves.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Everyone just got a CTP, premium card, Odin's blessing, plus 150 of Tier 2/3 mats.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Grabbed Valkyrie's costume while it was on sale and was figuring it'd be a cheat code for dispatch but didn't get past my current roadblock at 7-1. How much development does Valkyrie need to be a good support? Fully upgraded costume, fully transcended, etc?

bagrada posted:

Invisible Woman and Doctor Doom are solid but not meta. Eventually Doom will get a T3 but it might be a while. They can wait if you have better things to buy.

Building on this, what is a good way to prioritize crystal use? I've previously saved for and grabbed Moonstone and Jean Grey Deluxe packs and am probably good on costumes for a bit. Options include:
- Deluxe Packs for X-Force or Guardians of the Galaxy
- Any of the Extreme Legendary Battles
- Characters in the Store like Black Order, Odin, Dormammu, etc.
- Card gambling
- ...or just keep saving

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I managed to rack up 1000+ BAM on Survival which was useful because I had managed to run through my stock. The only thing I don't like about it compared to dispatch and the like is that it requires more attention. You could rack up an hour playing that dumb mode easily if you keep managing to stumble across temporal energy.

Unrelated: am I better off grabbing Doom's costume on sale and investing in T3'ing him or getting two of either Falcon, Loki, Shang-Chi, or any of the Black Order? I've got Loki right on the cusp of T3 but everyone else is at T2 lvl 60. My priorities right now are getting further in Dispatch, PvP, and any other passive game mode.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Falcon's Cap uniform makes him top tier. Like Mystique-Moonstone level good.

Went ahead and got Falcon and both of Loki's new unis. If I wasn't 100% sure before, seeing Falcon's new 5 sealed the deal.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I like the split because it means they can patch the game live and not take everything down for ~8 hrs.

Finally beat Knull for the first time. I've had enough guys to do it, just haven't wanted to bother until I felt like my team was completely overpowered for the job. Shouts to Cynicalex for explaining how to do it while being just the right level of dork.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Here's my first team to beat Knull. I don't think what I have here is particularly special and I've played for ~1.5 yrs.

Characters:
ShaRog - T3, mythic Star Night uni, CTPE, POAH at lvl 7, handful of Odin's blessings - unranked in growth score
Human Torch - Transcended, mythic Classic uni, 200% proc custom gear with 35% increase in critical damage, POAH at lvl 9, handful of Odin's blessings - #25k in growth score
Starlord - T3, lead and occasional meat shield, none of the other stats matter

Cards: (I'm assuming these are sorta crap. I'll eventually play with rerolling for better stats)
Crescent & Io, Loki #2, SW & QS, Uncanny Avengers 14, Loki #1
Effects - +36% all attack, +46% ignore defense, -36% cooldown duration, 4% pierce

I think, with the above, that I managed to finish with 1:30 left on lvl 1 Knull.

Guide I used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CamGqTrfg48

Genuinely, the biggest thing I needed to know was where to stand and when to change characters prior to particular attacks. With the guide, I was able to figure out what I needed to do even though I'm running graphics at the lowest settings possible and I have the sound off. It was also important to leave one of your T3/transcended #6 attacks in the clip once you get below 7 bars on Knull and to not use it until Thor shows up.

e: looking at this, I'm ashamed of the length of this post and sheer amount of acronyms/jargon

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Anyone had any experience using Sersi or Makkari for PVP? My Sentry/Hulk/Colossus combo is slowly falling behind and I'm wondering if I can get away with mixing in the new Eternals or if I should invest in another char to replace Hulk and/or Collossus.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

I've been using Sentry, Colossus and Doom. Seems to do all right.

That's what I'm figuring I should do at some point. I'm only autoplaying but like investing in PVP just because crystals are part of the return if you do well. I partially built up Surfer and Jean but it doesn't seem like finishing the process is worthwhile at this point in the game.

I don't understand the point of this Dimension Rift thing. Another goon opened one up at the normal difficulty and we topped out at 60% by a half-hour. I guess we're moving from creating individual whale bait to creating bait for alliances of whales.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Has anyone successfully completed a rift? Best I've been able to hit is 70% either on my own on a lvl 1 version and ~50% with someone else on a lvl 4. Props to Karl the Maltese on that second one - you're the first person I've seen open up a rift and not immediately gently caress off right after.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

bagrada posted:

The new spidey no way home uniform is apparently really good in pve now too finally.

It's also supposedly terrific in PVP as well. Bummed that I T3'd Thor instead of Spider-Man with the last selector because I couldn't believe that they'd actually make Spider-Man useful.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Duxwig posted:

Applied to Doctor Goons as Duxwig

Welcome! Feel free to post questions in here as well. Can't speak for anyone else but it's going to take me years to type out responses through their chat interface so I'd rather do it here whenever possible.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Duxwig posted:

I realized the chat limit too. Did they have a spam problem at some point or why the crazy limit?

No idea whatsoever. It's really irritating.

bagrada posted:

They haven't spoiled or hinted at what's next yet, have they?

Nothing yet. Latest Netmarble announcement was one of their "please post on our forums" competitions.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Is there any value to transcending Colossus for PVP? The stat changes don't seem like it'd do anything but have him die in two hits from Doom instead of one.

Related question: would a T3 Hela as lead provide a better buff to a PVP team than Colossus? Seems like the relative dip vs Doom, Molecule Man, etc. would be more than offset by +65% vs everyone else.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

My favorite DRX memory was some rando calling me and another player "diamond trash" for not using our characters in whatever he thought was the right way. He was talking poo poo like that the entire time, to an extent that I have no idea how he even managed to play. He rage quit after I kited a tornado over to him.

Anyways, danger room can rest in piss.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Finally got a CTP (Regen) to pop up as an option for Cosmic Cube but there's no chance that I get enough points to get it before the event ends.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

bagrada posted:

How's your energy? I got some extra CCF last time by spamming dimension missions long after the rewards dried up but I usually have 3k energy in reserve unless I'm in a new epic quest.

Good call. I had maybe ~1k banked between inbox, dispatch, friends, etc. It might've been enough if I didn't keep rolling 1's. Now I'll know to start saving/building up energy whenever possible. This is one of the few features where you might actually be inclined to throw a couple of bucks at it to progress but it's not really an option.

A surfing dog?! posted:

Also can't believe they're releasing Echo as a paywall with no t3 or transcendence.

I'm wondering if there might be more. Their latest trick with updates seems to be leading off with the least appealing news to lower expectations, then to surprise the crowd with something that's a little bit better.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Man, I don't think I'm going to be able to beat Ultron until I upgrade my phone.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

I just did and I can't beat him.

I was hoping that wouldn't be the case. Figured maybe the reason behind some of these insta-kills would become more obvious with a little more RAM.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Autoplay on story mode's pretty solid. Did 1-1 through 8-3 on auto with my PVP team (Sentry, Spiderman, Hela) and it took a little over an hour. Got eight fragments, ~150 bios, 25 TCP, and 25 EOD. They dealt with all of the AI challenges around fixed environmental dangers by just removing those dangers and adding more enemies. About the only issue so far is somewhere around lvl 5 where heroes get damage reflected. The game won't automatically swap in villains the same way it'll swap in characters for bonuses.

Be on wifi next time you start the game- full update's around 2GB, and that doesn't count most of the story levels needing to be re-downloaded.

e:
- SHIELD Archive is mostly whale bait but there's a handful of passive benefits you can get by using up stuff that most players will have in inventory that's otherwise doing nothing
- Stuff might be broken. Folks on Reddit are claiming issues with Knull, GBR, and dispatch autoruns. No clear cause or type of phone identified yet.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 17, 2022

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Thanks! I think one of my problems is getting impatient to hit the next button.

While I'm bitching and moaning. I have never ever not once gotten a CTP from the Giant Boss Raid. Is that normal? I usually do anywhere from 2%-20% damage and get carried by whales like a remora, if that's part of it

Pretty sure your experience is normal. I'm pretty consistently putting up 55%+ in GBR and don't think that's resulted in a single CTP.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

In one breath, it's cool that the collector's vault is now available to non-whales and that you can just let it run on its own rather than hovering over the purchase button for an hour. In another, it stinks a little bit that it renders the game and possibly your phone unusable while it's running.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

bobmcdynamite posted:

Turn off notifications if you haven't. Makes a word of difference

Will give that a shot next time.

Single best thing from this update is doing away with the occasional requirement to complete a World Boss Invasion using at least one co-op skill.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Might make sense to combine with Doctor Goons. Think there's maybe a dozen active in that group right now.

Don't blame you or anyone else for not being jazzed over the direction of the game.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Lvl 80 Thor with the new costume is pretty broken. Went from barely getting through Dispatch 11-1 to clearing all the way to 12-4 with a minute left on the clock with Proxima and Loxi. I can also autoplay 10-1 with pretty much anyone. He's theoretically awesome for Ultron and I'm able to get Ultron down to 2-3 bars but I don't understand / can't see what's going on so I wind up dying right at the end.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I'm not even thinking about tier 4 until power creep makes dormommu more reasonable. My strange with a ctp of rage can take on pretty much all other content, but doesn't even make a dent. it's not fun and trying over and over again to get matched up with a whale is not worth my time.

This is where I'm at. I'm just going to get card tokens off of Master Mold and not bother with Dormammu for a while.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

How did you accomplish this feat? I cannot even pass 7-4, the boss just has so many hit points, like billions.

I think the last major breakthroughs I had with Dispatch revolved around upgrading Loki, first with his President uni, then loading him up with Odin's Blessings, then managing to stumble blindly into a CTP of Rage. That last one is really key because that seemed to help turn my Loki from above-average into a wheat combine on legs.

I'd also add that Green Goblin's new uniform makes him a fantastic lead for Dispatch and that you'd probably get more bang for your buck upgrading GG than T3'ing Cable or Proxima Midnight.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Of course its about a CTP. I have gotten exactly one that wasn't some garbage greed or whatnot in a year. They never seem to have selectors for them.

Only readily available selector I'm aware of is in one of the crystal-walled legendary battles. IIRC, it's Antman and you have to have the Pymtrom costume upgraded to Heroic or Legendary level. After that, I think there's one available if you get somewhere over level 100 in Shadowland.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Finally managed to button-mash my way to my first Ultron win. Feels good man

STAC Goat posted:

Been clearing Mephisto twice a day. Playing around with combos but it’s basically Moonstone and Sentry doing the work with assists and runners. I’m content getting Mephisto in two more days and then giving a go at Knull. And Level 80 Iron Man and Thor might help me with a third.

80 Iron Man is pretty good even without me working up any of his skills or gear. He helped me clean up most of my unfinished Dispatch challenges and clear 8-5. Almost cleared 9-1 but probably could with some worked up gear/skills or different combo. I’ll play around with it and the 8 challenges later.

I’m saving my t4 supplies because I don’t know what the collection rates are gonna be like and maybe I’ll want to work up Thor or someone. I’ll see.

Completing two dimension rifts a day for the big reward and collecting the card stuff. Grind grind grind. I’m saving those rift stone thingies to try and open a mythical rift and see what rewards are like.

I’m doing the Timeline Survival too but I can’t figure out what the point is. Just figured I’d try and see if it’s another thing I was missing.

But having fun! It’s nice to feel challenges and progress again instead of just treadmill doing the same things each day just to do them.

Rewards on higher grade rifts don't appear to be much different. At least, I've opened a handful of heroic rifts and have topped out at character-specific 3* artifacts that you could get anywhere else.

Would agree with Timeline Survival being pointless. Really, any content that's built around artifacts is semi-ignorable until they overhaul that system. I've just been running rifts for card stuff and hoarding [whatever that yellow cubic stuff is] because the drop rates from pulling artifact chests has been so awful.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah I opened a Mythical rift yesterday and nothing seemed different. I’ll probably keep doing it in the hopes of grabbing one of those character artifacts but also because what else is there to do with those seeding thing? But it was a disappointment there wasn’t any kind of marked change.

I’m able to clear Mephisto 5 times now. I dunno if the 2% pierce made all that difference or if it’s just that I finally focused on figuring him out. I should probably move on to Knull but I figure I’ll stay here awhile and work Mephisto up and get a handle on the mats. It’s amazing how much better the rewards are in Legend. I got 100 cosmic cube fragments in one clear. I’ve gone from hoarding those as precious jewels to just combining them and clearing out my stash like it’s nothing. It’s nuts.

Timeline Survival is definitely useless though. I’m playing it because I’m I playing and I was never able to get past level 5 and now I’m on 6. But I can’t find a point at all. It’s not even good for collecting artifacts. I don’t get it.

Fun random thing. For months I’ve been thinking about some game mode I wasn’t sure ever actually existed or if I made it up in my head. I decided to give Shadowland a run and made it past 100 for the first time and suddenly I noticed King of the Hill. That was the mode! I completely forgot it was there!

There's absolutely no harm in running advanced+ rifts. Do it if you've got the right colored pebbles.
2% pierce is huge. It's absolutely a step change in performance on WBU and WBL.
I really want to like Timeline Survival because it fills the need for the occasional dungeon crawl, but it stinks. I'm really hoping they do something to overhaul the system because, right now, you can barely even pay to get better artifacts.
King of the Hill is fun if you want to see the gulf between your account and someone else who's spent hundreds to thousands on this game. Send in your best team and watch them get bodied in under three seconds. It's also one of those weird point-of-pride competitions like Timeline Battle where the prizes don't seem to justify the sheer amount of effort it takes.

bagrada posted:

Are the mythical and other higher rifts not more difficult than normals? Who are you using to clear them? Because I can only finish normal rift 4 in time if I manually play, and my best autoplay team (white fox, odin, valkyrie) can only time normal 3. I actually haven't tried anything harder yet though because of the trouble I've had with the normal ones.

The advanced+ portals aren't more difficult, they just theoretically offer better prizes. At least, I don't recall any real time differential between normal and any other rift I ran on auto. I could consistently auto rift 3 with Loki before and can now auto rift 6 with Thor and whoever.

Anals of History fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

For those who haven't logged in for a while, might want to get into the game for a second to pick up a T3 selector today