Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Are you doing World Boss Invasion? You can get a lot of norns there.

They gave away a shitload for free sometime awhile back, I can't remember what maybe the first time Strange came out. Since then I've never had to even think about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

You don't have to force close the app you just need to stop moving and it will kick you from the server after like 10 seconds of inactivity.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

YESSSSSS. More SL floors is all I want out of this game.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just housed Phase 1 Proxima with Mag lead, Wolvie main, Coulston. Not totally holding together for Phase 2 yet.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Pulled an orange chest for the first time in months...

No bios

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wait why the gently caress is happening with the Apocalypse update?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It depends on what your goals are. If you are looking to beat more Shadowland floors, T1 Rodgers can do that, so you can hold off and use it on someone like Black Bolt that you can bolster up to solo a SL floor on his own.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

Apocalypse was only mentioned in one of those panel thingys from some event expo I don't remember which.

They actually released the image on Facebook with a vague caption about a preview of the new update.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm betting on Hela getting solid upgrades for Ragnorak, I hope I'm not wrong.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Celery Jello posted:

Now my decision is whether to keep doing ShaRog bios or start grinding Spidey 2099.

2099 is strictly paywalled.

This update looks pretty great. I wonder if they just couldn't finish the Yondu costume in time for the GotG2 update? Also seems weird to release a new Gwenpool costume so soon.

Cool to see Thanos getting a costume, I assume the whole BO will get costumes when the movie comes out next year.

Really excited for Shadowlands. I wonder what's in those daredevil chests, maybe bio selectors that can target mutants?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh poo poo I wasn't paying attention. My first crush was spider Gwen.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Celery Jello posted:

That's what I meant, I bought the 20 bios/day thing to grind ShaRog bios, but as of today I will have only spent 2 days' worth on it. So if I switch gears to 2099 I get almost a full month's worth.

Do you have any other of the paywalled chars?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Celery Jello posted:

Thanks for all of this information, it really helps. I will admit, while I gripe about making these decisions, in the end I don't sweat getting The Most Efficient Outcome Ever, so I think what I may do is take advantage of my timing and just start to grab Spidey 2099 because he's new and fancy.

While that's fine, still atleast unlock everyone.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

In the year+ I've played this game I've only gotten 1 free 6 Star Mega Rank ticket.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

navyjack posted:

Save your Mega-Mastery tickets for the mutants, as they use a different material.

Right now though you can easily grind out everyone, second batch of mutants might be a better use.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

speaking of, anyone know how many mats Jean needs total? I just hit 420 on Storm and am trying to figure out if I should be trying to naturally T2 her or if I should just burn T2 tickets. If I can get 150 storm bios by the time Rogue is 420 too I might natural Ororo and ticket Rogue? Not sure of peak-efficiency way to do it. I 420'ed Storm and hit the cap on every X-men material on the same day.

So I'm in this same boat. Storm was super lucky on her gears and had two go from 19-20 in one turn. I figure there's no harm in just waiting to see how many storm bios I have by the time Rogue and Cyclops are 420. I'm leaning towards naturally T2 her though because I'm in. I rush with Jean once I get her.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Chaos tokens are basically fuel for bios to feed to Dormmy for me.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I refuse to take Lash past 4 stars.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

For some reason keke didn't get the memo that EST is the only true time zone.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat. I had no plans to have a viable Thanos anytime soon and now this costume is making me all kinds of jelly.

Also got absorbing man in my daily chest. What's the math on the event tokens? Worth it to just dump into one or split evenly?

I'm okay with rotating daily missions and potentially not being able to get the 25 crystals everyday. People seem to have a problem when the game puts up any type of barrier after an update. It does suck though that they didn't carry over progress / missions from yesterday.

Everytime I say I'm going to save crystals these costumes pull me back in. What about Gwen's make it's so good?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I bought the gwen costume because I have no will power, also might need extra firepower with new Shadowlands.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I do like the idea of the new daily challenges, I just think WB Ultimate shouldn't be a part of it.

It would also be smart to be intelligent about it and only have some challenges show for higher leveled users.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

I don't wanna poo poo on Netmarbu too much because we've had mediocre/bad patches before and they've been receptive to people's complaints, but I'm starting to get annoyed with the game. Anything that I can't automate is becoming a hassle, the constant pop-ups for packages I'm not going to buy are obtrusive, and I was enjoying the three weeks where SL wasn't several hours of anxiety and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

So your ideal patch would have been something that was completely automated and wasn't a challenge? What are you actually getting out of the game then? Just trying to play devil's advocate.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

I enjoy Shadowlands and had finally gotten to the point where I could clear it comfortably; these changes are probably welcomed by those who have been crushing it for a while but to me it's a "just when you got the answers I change the questions" kind of move. WBU is the only bridge too far for me right now and I'm not sure the amount of effort required to clear that is worth the reward.

That's fair. I've been clearing Shadowlands for awhile now and was starting to get to the point of "Why am I playing this other than collecting characters?" so the new Shadowlands floors is a huge jolt of energy for me.

WBU is still funky because it's super hard but not impossible. I think it's better to have things to build towards then to be able to dominate personally. poo poo I still remember thinking Villian Seige hard was the pinnacle of difficulty. Then that the WB were just impossible for someone like me. Then came the asgard stages.

If you're a brand new player though and don't know who to use the freebies on to get the most bang for your buck you are in a lovely grind land for awhile.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat my Floki runs out of time with just under 200k left on her. Guess I need to move from Spy Tactics for ISO set.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

New SL is great because it makes me realize I can't solo a wave with Anti Venom because he still had a 6 ISO set on from back when he was one of the first characters I six-starred.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My first Entry mode I grabbed Gwen/Miles/Spidey (all t1) and they just sort of dominated.
Second entry mode I just threw my hands up and soloed it with Wolvie with Cyclops lead.

I'm definitely not hitting floor 30 but the rewards for 25-30 suck so I don't really care.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Does the difficulty of the stage have any impact on whether or not you get shifter bios? I get the idea that doing the easiest stage means quickest clear time, but is it shooting myself in the foot?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It has some kind of leak. Usually deleting it and reinstalling fixes the problem for a week or two. Used to be able to get a month out of it but it seems like it's gotten worse with the Spidey 2099 release. I do the delete + reinstall the second I get my first lock up because it's so bad.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

So I just got Jean, BUT that Thanos costume seems pretty rad. Now I don't know who to invest in.

(AND I still have about 75% of Dormmy to go from 59 to 60.)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wait, how the hell do you upgrade a passive skill?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I know how to upgrade skills but passives don't have upgrade buttons.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No you're thinking of leadership skills.

This is basically response to AzraelNewtype saying you should be able to upgrade those passives past level 1. This Magneto is maxed out with everything else.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh damnit I thought I overlooked something obvious and could have gotten a boost to all my dudes.

Thanks for the clarification.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Ramadu posted:

mantis probably because of the sleep field but her t2 only gives ignore defense i think. yellowjackets t2 iirc makes him very powerful and i use him in late stage shadowlands still

gently caress shadowlands stage 29. jean odin wolverine only barely won and they're all 420 and have urus and poo poo.

I've lost motivation to play hard after stage 15. Got up to 27 last week, not sure i'll go past 25 this week.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Still keeping me up at night: Jean or Thanos?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

WBU might seal the deal for me. Time to sink a lot of time and gold into her!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The thing that really bugs me with SL now are these wave stages where I have to kill all the goons to complete the wave. There's real challenge it's just the time sink waiting for them to spawn and then kill them, only a select few of my characters can pull it off.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

This is a new low for uniform prices, spend it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't see the rewards to be worth it enough to care.