Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

oh my GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHD

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

ha haaaa magnetman cost me zero dollars because i'm a hoarding loon

well i guess $8 yeah because i stark stash

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Vodos posted:

Hmm gonna have to change my energy management completely with these new tracking missions, 4 * 10 bios daily, at 4 energy per run, not reduced during hot time.
Between dumping uru story missions and WBI I'll probably have to dump WBI since I love me some uru. That's really gonna hurt my gold income though... any thoughts?

I'm definitely cutting back on WBI. I've been dumping a ton of energy on it for months because I didn't have anywhere useful to spend it otherwise. I'll probably still do it 4-5 times a day.

Also: uh

So the Gwenpool uniform is super OP

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 7, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

how pay to win is it to get the xmen

you can get Rogue, Beast, Storm, Cyclops and Wolverine by doing the epic quest for free

Magnemite costs 6600 crystals, which is a lot, but it's not a straight up you have to buy this for money type of thing. You can hoard crystals for him.

You need 5 T2 X-Guys as a requirement to get Jean

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

STATUS BOARD

is so freaking good

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

phosdex posted:

true hero of the patch

also i think wolverine might be good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdNV8zuJPo

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I grabbed the 20-a-day thing again, got Agent Venom to 4* and then used the 5 and 6 rank up tickets on him. I'm gonna use the rest of the bios to get Carnage to 4/20 and then try to get Agent Venom and/or Enchantress there. I'll have to level up Venom and see whether he needs it or not, because Enchantress doesn't really seem to.

Neither Agent Venom or Enchantress need to be maxed, unless you're really gunning for high ABX or possibly WBU clears. Enchantress probably needs it SLIGHTLY more in order to boost her DPS for some Shadowlands floors where, even though there is no danger of her dying, the clock ticking out can be a factor.

My Agent Venom is T1 and 17/16/15/15 and is my stage 25 Shadowland clear completely solo, no team. He's that good.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Not the Cinema Discusso thread

But Black Panther teaser trailer dropped a few wee moments ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWvtMOGAhw

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I'm uhhh

uhhhh not really sure what just happened bbut

six bios

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

"Who is this guy? Some kinda...Iron...Fist?"

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

What's the word on Gwenpool and Crystal's new costumes?

Also want to register my disappointment with ICR that he didn't go with 'X gon give it to ya' for a thread title

Gwenpool's takes her from "good char" to "mini Wolverine"". she doesn't die with it if you're using all her iframes. it's a must buy.

Crystals uniform is a 10% boost and animation changes. I bought it but I'd pass if you have other better unis to buy.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I ordered a controller to play this dumb phone game.

hell yeah

i play with a controller on my PC with the nox emulator. then when I'm ON THE GO i can play on my phone

it's like having a nintendo switch!!!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Gonna T2 Magneto I guess.

What ISO set are people running on him?

I wound up with Overdrive on my 3rd batch, so I kept it. But any of POAH, Overdrive, Hawk's Eye is worth keeping. Hawks less so since his cooldowns are very low to begin with. I'd also keep Drastic Density if I rolled it.

Magnetman really shits out a ton of damage as long as he keeps his guard hit skill up. I thought about a healing set but settled on gently caress it more damage.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

T2 Magnet Man is so worth it. He's underwhelming at T1. Soooo much damage at T2 though, it's crazy.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Datasmurf posted:

Finishing the epic quest was easy enough with some whaling, what bites my rear end is how long it'll take to get the xbios to 420 them. Well, Storm and Cyke anyway. Don't care that much for Beast.

What bites my rear end is the Phoenix Feathers. Here's the stupid part.

I didn't buy the $70 X-Men pack. Waffled over it, but didn't. So now I've got Wolferine at all 17 gears (that use feathers instead of bios to level) stuck at level 55 and the epic quest stage where I need 1000 M'Krann Crystals.

I've got 385 M'Krann Crystals, and 1120 Phoenix Feathers. I'll have 2k feathers by the end of the week, and maybe 500 M'Krann Crystals. So because there's a cap on the number of feathers you can store, all the ones that I earn while I collect enough Crystals are just gonna get burned because I don't have anything to spend them on. I could use them to T2 someone, but I have tickets and if it do it naturally it's going to slow down progress on the epic quest because that also uses crystals. The Feathers are literally BAM, and the Crystals are Chaotic Norns, and they drop at the same disproportional rates.

I'd be totally cool with all this if they didn't cap the number of each thing you can hold.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

ha haaaaa 2 minutes left. suck it shadowlands

idk why i always start this at 6:30pm on Thursday night

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Stunt Rock posted:

All this also have sex and get buff.

Same, except eating a block of cheese and wheezing heavily.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Cyclops is one of my favorite characters right now

you just hold down the button and huehuehuehue and collect prizes

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Haha, Mr. Gaz doesn't get invited to the party

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

NmareBfly posted:

What're ya'll top tier WB teams these days? I've reached the point that the thing I'm really looking for is the ability to kill the boss by mashing buttons one handed without actually glancing at the screen, so daisy-wolf-prox has been retired for a while. On most of these I have to swap to the main DPS character but then I can do the rest with eyes closed.

1. Beast, Wolverine, Spider-Man
2. Star Lord, Cap, Sharon
3. Satana, Dormmueueuamu, Hellstorm
4. A1, Mordo, Strange
5. Magneto, Cyclops, Storm

It's a pretty eyes-closed lets get this done 35/35. I sorta pay attention with Magneto vs. iThanos but that's like 1m30s every week so i figure that's good.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

i do want to see how they represent movie Vulture in the game. his wingspan in the movie is loving HUGE

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Differo Cathedra posted:

I probably have like a decade before I can complete the Dr. Strange questline, is the uniform worth buying before maxing him? I have Sharon aka The One True Captain America plus Lady Loki and Elsa and my waifu Space Gamora already. Have enough for one costume.

Yeah. It's the best uniform in the game, really no wiser way to spend 750 crystals.

It lets you beat everything in the game.

It's hard to stress how good Dr. Strange is when he's finished. It's like if you're playing Mario 3, and you've got Mario and Luigi but then there's a 3rd unlockable character named Giuseppe who has a permanent Star and P-Wing.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 28, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

This is a very good guide and I agree with basically all of it, although I think the Ghost Rider and Ronan unis should be higher. And I think Gwenpool's uni should be at the top rank.

A big thing with uniforms is "can crystals turn this useless character into someone USEFUL" and for Ghost Rider and Ronan that's true.

Otherwise this is a good guide. Even the things that are labeled as "low" still merit being on the list for consideration.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Yeah I'm basically counting on Spidermang to be extremely good after the patch. They'll sell a million uniforms.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Doc Ock dominance is real. Legitimately been thinking of T2ing him for the last week or two. He can just stunlock chumps in shadowland permanently if you have the positioning down.

Plus he has one of the more unique sets of animations and just looks cool.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Rhino is rockin' the Bowser 'stume.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Cynicalex, the dude who streams this religiously, said patch notes tonight. Yayyyy.

hell yes

also i do recommend new or confused players checking out Cynicalex. funny or not he puts out content every day and he's the only one who does so. i agree with most all of his actual gameplay reviews and guides.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

well gently caress me

Iron Man looks...very good??

holy poo poo

aaaaaaaaaaaaa thank you keke

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 4, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/magicChopstick/status/800761926196162560

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

im gonna mega birdman, get kevin j anderson and reyrey, then lars ulrich, curt hennig, and then lastly paul giamatti

my first step is mega mr. mom, then astronaut jones and lizzy maguire.

dunno whos next but been thinkin bout thos lazer nips

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Quite a few undocumented model changes in this update

CYCLOPS BULGE NERF IS REAL

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

WHAT THE gently caress

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

phosdex posted:

Spidey is real good now. How is Iron Man?

Honestly also real good. He's not an S-tier meta character by any stretch but he jumped from a D to a solid B+/A-. I might get the Civil War uni just to have the extra i-frame.

I only used him for team-up bonuses before and now he's more than capable of a SL floor or a WB clear if you have him built up to 17 gears, 8-ISO set and an ok obelisk.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

TRASH-BUTT STILL LORD

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Homecoming Vulture is easily the dopest looking uniform in the entire game and I'm dumping everything into him too based on that alone

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Got a 6* ticket. Should I burn it on Rhino or Lizard?

I went for Lizard

BUT

when its all sorted out i think they will both be equal in usefulness. not meta defining but valuable combat villains. its one of those "pick the one you like most" scenarios.

this is a good update in the sense that there are no wacky powerful must-haves but everyone is solid enough to invest in

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 7, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

its so good to do co-op and not have to delete heaps of worthless red orbs every 2 rounds

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

The key to an easy 12-7 is a T2 Wasp, her debuff removal passive removes the burn that is the major source of damage that kills you.

I finished SL tonight with so many good characters still in the stable. Now that I can use Spider-Man, Vulture, Iron Man, Sandman and Venom it basically adds 5 easy clears over last week.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

So, neat thing with Anti-Venom.

His 4* passive Infestation didn't get any changes with the uniform. BUT, as long as you're in a situation where you can trigger it without getting gibbed, like a SL relay floor, it makes a huge difference. Save the 5 for when you get huge and heal back to full.

Important thing is that the size increase has a MASSIVE effect on the range of his reworked skill animations. It turns the 4 and 5 into the last part of Agent Venom's 5 and gives you ridiculous AOE coverage.

Roll Overdrive and a full damage obelisk. He's not Carnage because he doesn't have the immunity, but he's pretty drat close. This uniform takes him from dumpster tier to probably an A- combat villain. Crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

435k in ABX for Anti-Venom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucDpjAeTgbE

Megawhale in Synergy aside, that's certainly something