Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Gwenpool with the uni, attack ISO set and an invulnerability obelisk is super, super good

like really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Nails posted:

I also bought the biometrics pack this month, and I've been using it on Agent Venom. Haven't really seen much talk about him either. He's supposed to be up there with Carnage right? I'm assuming Punisher in no competes with him, right? So I should just put tier 2ing Punisher off and use my ticket on Agent Venom?

Punishers DD uniform is good, it's his best one. Buy it if you love the Punisher.

Agent Venom is, imo in most cases, better than Carnage, but Carnage gets a slight edge because he's a combat villain, not a hero. Keep using the bio pack on Venom, he doesn't need to be T2 to be good (Carnage does), so once you get him to level 17 gears, switch to Carnage.

Then save your ticket for Carnage, you need to T2 him for him to be great. Punisher is not worth a T2 ticket and is better saved for when you have resources stockpiled to spend later on if he's your favorite character. Big Pun still has a good leadership and can be useful though.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe another costume. How is the Venom one? Does it make him good? Otherwise I might grab the Lady Sif one since people say that improves her into a usable character.

Was thinking a Universal like Black Bolt or Hellstorm

Sif uniform takes her from unusable to good. Venom uniform takes him from dumpster level to excellent. Probably the most high-impact uniform in the game for transforming a character.

Definitely get Black Bolt at T2 over Hellstorm.

Congrats on Magnetman he is a Rob Zombie Superbeast

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Nails posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. I topped out at like 79k today using a tier 2 Sharon and it didn't die no matter what I did during both attempts. Kinda baffled imagining people getting that many points when I can't even hit 100k with a tier 2 Sharon. That poo poo is bananas.

the idea is to just get your cards, support team (T2 coulson, she-hulk w/uniform) and urus in order and then just hammer your max DPS rotation on the frost beast, not giving a gently caress about meteors or the robots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agWYNDJLW50

but yeah thats just for bragging, if you can get to 100k thats all you need, the biggest things are your support squad and cards

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

holy gently caress how did i not realize that bios take up inventory slots this whole time

just going through and feeding every stack less than 5 freed up like 50 inventory slots

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

aaaaaaaaa good god it's finally done. it's over. every single one of these jerks.

JUST NEED NORNS AAAAAAAA

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

ThermoPhysical posted:

Is he worth it, really?

The normal Black Order characters will help you progress way faster than Dormammu. Getting Proxima and Corvus will be more helpful, Dormy costs the same as the 2 of them combined.

For your question though, a native T2 is most likely better than T2ing a character you have ready. But it depends so much on which character you plan on advancing.

If you're thinking of SL primarily, a native T2 is a straight up EZ floor clear. If you T2 2 bad characters with the same resources, you might come out short.

Real question is what dudes are you thinking of T2ing naturally in lieu of the native options.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Nice. T2 Gwenpool is one of my go-to speeds now if you have the uniform. She's seriously Wolverine-lite and one of the only truly survivable speeds besides Elsa.

Plus it's Gwenpool.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I once created a character in like 1992 and drew him a lot. His name was Skeletron and he was a skeleton cyborg and also part ghost and part demon because he had demon wings. He was a huge badass. Also I was 8.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Where the gently caress is Skeletron Netmarble

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

navyjack posted:

PSA: While the WBI opponent is The Midgard Serpent, take the opportunity to fight him with Riri Williams, Jane Foster, Vulture, or any other flier whose move set takes them off screen. You get to see them fly as a speck in the distance before launching off missiles or whatever.

Wolverine's victory animation is the best against the serpent because it looks completely ridiculous on the edge of a cliff

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

he shoots webs except they are webs made of BULLETS

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

oh my god the new yondu

even the new spider gwen is loving good

all these uniforms rule

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Also new Thanos uniform gives the mythical 20% upgrade bonus by default unless that's a UI bug. But given the price it's probably intentional.

Then it increases with upgrades after that. Goddamn.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Brainless speed AB day is definitely Spiderman 42069

You just mash the buttons if the skills are up. It's Wolverine-level easy even at T1. At T2 it's even better.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

plainswalker75 posted:

What's a good obelisk to look for Vulture?

Edit: Also, I seem to be running out of dimensional debris at an alarming rate, is there a good source of it other than dimensional rifts?

I buy debris in the item shop every time I see them up. You can get a surprising amount this way if you check on the lab often throughout the day.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Good friends,

Just got off a 5 day cruise with no internet and it's time for me to log back in to super fun game Future Fight, where I belong. Working on Spidey 2099 T2 right now, so trying to get to 420 (which is taking me forever, ugh). I apologize for the crosspost and derail here but it's worth it because you all are the best.

For all of you good people out there, the Destiny 2 PC clan has been created for all of you (yes, you, reading this) to join. We will go by the clan name: HOTDOG.

Our call sign will be: FUN

Real original stuff here gang. Here's the link to join. All of you Marvel players are welcome to join.

Density 2 comes out on October 24th, 2017 for the PC. Excited for console version too, but obviously, consoles and PC don't talk to each other. The clan can be joined now in PC. I hope to see some of you all in game!

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2073935

See you all there and of course, here!

i have a sacred white gorilla necklace can i trade this for a powerful leadership position in this new, fun and cool video game??

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

bio sub character has to be cable, right?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Sure seems like you get more BAM from world bosses now. I've gotten 38 or more from every clear since the update. Usually its around 45

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

skurge but not kurse, this is bullshit

i need to be able to farm goks in this phone game

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I got killed in timeline with Jean today for uh, i guess the first time and I totally forgot she resurrects

lol

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Oh hey a Punisher event starts on Tuesday

Hope that's a hint that Netflix is gonna do the mystery drop for the show next week

Because that would be rad as hell

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

You can't use a mega uniform ticket on Thanos' uni, right? I just finished the Spidey quest pack and am planning on picking up that uniform.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

NmareBfly posted:

Hard to say anything about any of them without knowing how the skills work. Like, Hela's uniform could still turn her into a badass if it adds more iframes so I still have a minuscule amount of hope? But I'm liable to give all the unis here a pass. Maybe Hulk's if it makes him worthwhile since I don't have one already, but I too have floki and unworthy so :effort:

My bar for uniform purchases is tbh pretty low. I'm usually satisfied with spending the crystals if they can take someone who would be useless and turn them into someone who can at least do some work in Shadowlands.

Some of my most valued uni purchases have been ones like Anti-Venom, Sif, Baby Groot, Gwenpool, Ghost Rider, Elsa. None of them are meta but I'm more than comfortable having them take on a SL floor, where before they'd be trash.

Hoping that there are some big boosts to Hela with her skill changes.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

the new CTP obelisks are completely mental

holy poo poo these items

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Anyone done the new mode yet? I don't have Thor's costume and I can't quite figure out if I can't play without it or if I do I'm just wasting time because I can't collect the prize or what.

The new mode is fun but it's pretty easy. It's another daily checklist thing to do. If you do it without the uniform you can do it later if you decide to pick it up and get the first clear rewards.

No reason not to do it every day since it doesn't cost energy. I think of it as like, Villain Siege.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Nails posted:

I've been saving up for Magneto/Phoenix, and I've got like 1600 to go, but now these costumes are up and I feel like I could turn 4 pretty trash characters in the current meta to 4 really good ones instead of getting one pretty good one, and then grinding forever to get the best character in the game. I really wish the skill preview showed damage numbers and stuff so you could actually compare improvement between the costumes. I think I'm just going to not give a poo poo and buy all of these because I haven't tier 2'd any of the X-Men anyways.

Has anyone pulled the triggers on the costumes yet and can comment about how improved Hela and Thor are? The other two look like massive improvements, but those two seem kind of hard to tell.

I don't have Loki's uniform yet, but I'll say this much:

I think Hulk's is the best of the lot in terms of how drastic of an improvement it is. It's an 8/10.

Thor is a close second and gives what I figure is the same degree of boost to survivability via the skill change iframes. Straight upgrade over Unworthy. Like a 7.5 out of 10.

Hela is a lot better with the uniform. I'd say she's on par with like, a no costume Baron Mordo? Which is good, not mind-blowing, but way better than before. 6/10.

If you're committing to either Thor or Hulk I'd say they're a buy, but the uniforms themselves won't turn them into stars like Anti-Venom or Elsa. You still need to go for T2 and gear them up well.

None of the new uniforms are must haves imo. Getting Magneto and Jean will open up a lot more doors than these uniforms will.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Oct 25, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

In "I will never, ever beat Quicksilver in 15 seconds" news I'm down to like 23 seconds with Magneto, Jean, and Cyclops and an ally team of Strange, Wolverine, Widow, Kate, and A. Venom. I feel like I need the dodgers and those are the 3 best I have. I should probably ditch Cyclops for Wolverine and throw Rogers into my ally team but Wolverine's the other character I can break 30 seconds with so I always like to try him for a second go. I've done like 50 tries the last few days with just quitting once I pass 15 seconds. I just try until I get frustrated. I'm telling myself to stop caring that much and keep plugging along. I threw a ton of Damage and Attack Speed URUs on Jean so I guess I'll just keep on enhancing those and her ISOS (they're all 5 but I can work them to 6). I'm also a few 8 bio selectors away from getting She-Hulk to 6* so when that happens I'll try her leadership out and see if it helps.

IIRC I was able to get this with Dormammu, Satana lead and Hellstorm with my heaviest hitting strikers, including Jean. I don't remember the striker team but I didn't go for dodge ignore, my Dormammu has a fire damage/ignore dodge/dmg proc obelisk. He just mowed him down with floating head and some other skill clicks.

I couldn't break it with Jean either. She does shitloads of damage but I guess there is still a blast/speed disadvantage in play.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Nails posted:

Any thoughts as far as who would be best to use the 6 * mastery ticket on out of Kid Kaiju, Ironheart, Enchantress, or Heimdall? Everyone's at 1 * except for Enchantress, who is at two. I'm leaning towards Enchantress, but honestly can't remember who's the best out of all of them.

If you're keeping them at T1, Enchantress for sure

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Cinara posted:

Thor is the best new Universal Hero ABX character, beating Odin, so his new uni is worth it if you care at all about that. It also lets him clear almost any SL stage he is viable for.

i noticed this too. i had my T2 Thor on my Odin team for universal hero and Thor did rack up way more points with way less effort.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

So she's good for... ABX? or WBU I guess bleh

Think I'll just hoard the ticket

its...a pretty massive boost. and those are the only 2 modes that require min-maxing.

really for a mega ticket it's hard to argue against Valkyrie. she's a great character on her own and the team bonus is huge.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

navyjack posted:

I thought I saw something about RangarThor being a beast for XAB, but I just used him and it was “just ok.” Am I missing a trick?

I believe he has been bugfixed. His 3 skill was stacking on itself and leading to some outrageous scores.

He's still very good at T2 though. With him and Odin I can still get a solid score.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

Please I'm curious how much Ignore Defense your Jean has, under her details tab

You have a T2 Coulson right, and regular She-Hulk?

Quicksilver is a hero though, and Coulson/Valkyrie only apply the bonus to villains.

You want to stack your most badass on attack strikers that also give bonuses with your highest damage leadership. And keep trying.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I just gave it a shot with my Jean and ended up with this:

She's also 20/20/20/20 and all skills maxed, mostly OK urus. My cards are very good. Threw in AV for the dodge ignore and Wiccan because its an energy damage bonus, he's 420 and on attack. And if fart simpson can do 8 secs with no strikers sure why not. My defpen is maxed.

Obelisk is bad but I haven't been able to roll a better one

Still working on ISO, been focusing on other people who need the help

I couldn't do it in one try because he did the loving cutscene twice inexplicably. Does that even count towards the timer? If it does that ate up like six seconds.

Rotation was 3 > 5 > 4 > 2

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

lol

forget Jean. i guess if all else fails, you can always try this

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Cinara posted:

You don't have a 100%+ damage proc obelisk.

That is literally the only reason you're failing to get the 15s timer. I am actually surprised The Dave got a kill in under 15s without one, but good striker procs could do it. But for comparison I just got a 6s kill on my first try with She Hulk, Daisy and Jean. Swap to Daisy, hit 3, swap to Jean hit 5 then 4 and he died.

honestly yes this has got to be the roadblock

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Cinara posted:

This is actually a very good Jean obelisk even though it's only a 4*, but the damage proc could be higher. On a 6* they cap out at 200%, though that is very very rare. 140/160 are a good range to shoot for, but even 110% is still a huge boost.

Bad is relative I guess. My crit % isn't great and the damage proc is low. My Jean is unranked, but still annihilates every game mode that exists. My favorite strategy is to use resources to turn useless characters into useful ones instead of dumping everything into the metas

Right now I'm working on Elektra and Cho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, I think I get it now. So I want something like this?

Neither of them seem awesome but I get the 100%+ "damage proc" plus either a Fire Damage or Critical Damage bump? Seems about right but I should probably roll a bunch and just look out for that secondary skill instead of the primary ones?

you could burn through all your 6 obelisks looking for that perfect reroll

I would go with the fire damage/dodge so you could get a huge boost to your 3 and 4 skills

Also, do something with those obelisks. I'm an RPG hoarder. I can finish a JRPG with 99 healing whatevers and 99 resurrects and so on. I always feel like I'm gonna need to use something later. But if something sucks in this game, reroll it and shoot for what you need on a character you want. Doesn't do any good to have that many 6* obelisks sitting there.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 6, 2017