Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Well I'm glad I have 5.5k banked already. :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

That is correct; the proper price for Douglock is 10K crystals and not a drop less.

I already hosed up a little. Spent all me event mission tokens on Rogue, should have saved a package or two for Beast and now I need to 3* him to continue the epic quest. Woe is me.

Gonna Stark again, then I can get magneto next week or so with my crystals already hoarded. I'm only VIP 3 so I don't feel the shame too badly yet. I think I've Starked 4 times, got the monthly bio once, and straight bought $10 worth of crystals on black friday.

Not sure what to do with Shadowlands selectors now. All unfarmables are at 6*. Guess I could spend them on the warriors 3 because it looks like I'm gonna be dumping most of my energy into x-mens. Hm.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Also calling it pay to win is kind of a misnomer. Jean may be queen of Timeline shortly but I long since stopped caring about Timeline wins. Alliance tournament I guess? But no one really gives a rootin' toot about that either.

Personally I'm wondering how this is going to scale with other x-mens when they inevitably come out. Are we going to get a way to grind generic x-genes at some point? Probably a new batch of special missions or something.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Combat people for SL:

Solos -- note that this is mostly early relay solos, combat ones past level 15 or so get dicey.
Black Panther
White Tiger
Kamala (she's T2 now but I could easily solo relays with her at T1)
Doc Ock <- I don't have him built up at all, but people have reported he low-key became good at some point.

People that can't do it themselves but work in duos / trios:
Giant Man, Hulkbuster, Nebula (she's p. bad but can stunlock), Cho, Red hulk (note that I also have costumes on all of these people). Shang Chi.
Luke Cage and JJ both have decent leaderships -- I think the cooldown on the damage immune is per-character so use one until it runs out then switch to the next and cycle as you go.

Uniformed Sif can also pull her weight, but I have her at T2 and usually use her for a lady relay in the upper teens.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Got my 6.6K for magnetman. It's a little weird -- you spend the money and get him 6*'ed right out of the box, then you get like 10 magneto bios each run of his mission and a bunch from the epic quest itself. He'll be 420 and T2 in like a week or two, then I'm going to be building a massive pile of magneto bios until the end of time I guess?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The Dave posted:

I really kicked myself in the dick by not buying one Beast package from the sale. 2nd day where I'm blocked by getting him to 3 star and I refuse to use a 2 start ticket on him to save a day.

I did exactly the same thing. Got too excited for Rougueeuu. :smith:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Twice now I have 3*'ed an xperson, pressed the 'epic quest' button then mashed 'buy' by accident on the offer to buy 70 bios when trying to turn in the mission. :suicide: I guess it shaves a week off the eventual 6* anyway but I didn't mean to spend those crystals.

On urus: I've put 2* ones on most people I use routinely but I've only bothered upgrading them to higher levels on Sharon. I'm trying to cake her out in 6*'s but it's a slooooow process. And expensive, especially norn-wise.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Up to 26 T2's so I thought I'd try an all T2 shadowlands run this week. So far I have learned two main things: wolverine at 45 / 5* can solo whatever you want him to solo, and Coulson T2 is a useless sack o' poo no matter what he does.

E: songbird T2 is Real Good in SL. Note that she has a ridiculous autoattack. T1 she's good too it's just at T2 she can perma-stun by cycling between her 1 and 2. Hit 4 whenever it's up and lean on the autoattack. Hey presto, dead people. Don't even need to use her shield once you have the timing down.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 20, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Oh nice. I just hit that particular crystal wall -- I love how you open up the mission that'll give you a trickle a day then the next step in the quest is 'get 1000.' I'm up to 283 so far. :suicide:

1155 phoenix feathers, though. I'm gonna cap out on them way before I even finish this quest. They're just for T2ing Xpeople, right? And maybe gear for Jean?

Also the secret real benefit of magnetman's mission is the extra bios per day -- 12 energy for 20 bios that go on Dormommy's mouth immediately.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Can someone explain these loving things to me? Like I get one that seems cool at 2*s but if I level the fucker up to 3*s its all out of whack. Is it just random all the way to the top? I don't feel like I've managed to get a single good one.

yeah, random all the way to the top. Basically, look for a 1 or 2* obo with the primary stat you want, then upgrade it until you get a good proc as well and put it on someone. If you get a primary and proc you want, don't upgrade further -- use it.

The secondary slot is usually a 'good to have' but sometimes you gotta throw an obo with +fire resist or something on someone because it has the primary and proc you want.

In terms of affixes, first let's point out the stat caps

Dodge rate 75%
Critical rate 75%
Critical damage 200%
Attack speed 130%
Movement speed 130%
Crowd control time decrease 75%
Skill CD time decrease 50%
Elemental damage resist 200%
Recovery rate 250%
Ignore Defense 50%

This is important because Ignore Defense is the single best damage stat in the game but it's relatively easy to cap out on it. Anything about 50% is wasted. This means if you have a decent amount from cards you actually don't want much from an obo because it's a stat you can get from urus too, so some of the obo's potential will be wasted.

Damage has no cap as far as I know, so if you have an elemental attack character like Dormommy that does all fire damage it might be better to get him a +fire rather than ignore defense.

+HP has no cap either, and can be a good choice for people you don't know what to get for. Generally you want more damage, though. I have a +HP, +Recovery Rate, heal proc obo on my wolvie just because I thought it was funny.

Immune to (status effect) have uses, especially immune to guard break (which stops you from getting hitstunned.) It's really good on people that have long animations or iframes on the end of their attacks (carnage?) Immune to snare is okay on a combat hero you're going to use in ABX. Immune to web used to be really good when Silk was the queen of Timeline but now it's pretty poop.

Ignore dodge is pretty okay for one or two people if you know you'll use them on a Racon / Iron Fist boss in SL.

Crit damage and rate are both generically good, and what you usually want to go with if you're close to ignore defence capped.

For the proc, there are two main options -- +damage or invincibility. That obviously depends on whether or not the person wants survivability or straight damage.

A heal proc is ooookay but is kind of a drop in the bucket and people tend to die to burst damage. Same with the shield proc (though I think people like that for high level pvp? shield may also be good if people who can penetrate damage immune get more common.) The freeze proc is actually okay for Shadowlands -- I have one of those on Hellstrom and it really helps for soloing some of the boss stages. It's basically useless elsewhere, though. The shockwave proc is actually downright bad in a lot of cases, since it can bounce the enemy out of range of your attack.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 23, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

whwat setups are you using for 12-5 through 12-8 to 3 star? Here is my dudes I try to use and I can only get 2 star on 12-6 which means 12-7 will probably wreck me. And 1-2 star on 12-5, 12-6. Any ez win dudes I should look into?

odin

First time through I cheesed it with Corvus and ran away a lot so his summons could do the bulk of the damage. You only need to pass 12-8 to get Odin; all that 3*ing gets you is the ability to burn a million clear tickets a day farming the drat +energy damage uru. :argh:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

more obo words. ~MY OBO PROCESS~

about once a week when I run out of inventory space and have already compressed as many cards as I can I just go through my 2* obos and look for primary stats that I want. Usually ITGB, maybe fire damage (still looking for a perfect dormy obo), and an HP or crit damage or two just to roll the dice. I have a decent chunk of ignore dodge from cards so I can usually cap people out with uru or gear. I'll upgrade whichever obo until it looks okay -- even if that's just 3*, I have enough characters that SOMEONE one can get use out of it. Usually what happens is I get crap rolls all the way up to 6*, then I can use that 6* to re-roll another 6* with a crap roll, of which I have several sitting around for this purpose. I have a bunch of people with placeholder 3 and 4* obos because I want to get them a perfect one that will never actually happen, but having SOMEthing in the slot is better than nothing.

One other note is on the proc -- the best possible +damage you can get is 200% and the best possible invincibility is 5 seconds with a 10 seconds cooldown. If you get one of those as the proc, even if the primary / secondary aren't really what you want, it might be worth slotting. 50% invincibility on someone like Iron Fist can be a gamechanger.

Hellstrom's main thing is his 5 gives him an invincible buff for a decent chunk o' time. His 3 gathers people up and makes them good targets for his other skills, too. He really benefits from having one or two other people around to tag out between so you can do his 5 then DPS until the buff runs out and tag out. Santana - Hellstrom - Ghost Rider is a team I was using for a long while. Hellstrom and Groot used to do a Loki stage for me -- Hellstrom would die on his own, but I could switch to Groot when he got low, wait a bit for the tag cooldown, then drop his healing circle and swap back. A1 would work for this too.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Having just used Cyclops for the first time in SL, is his 5... supposed to work like this? Feels like a bug. :lol:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Hah, I knew it would be time for some new special missions. I just hit 5* on Gorgon and everyone else is 6*. 70 more hidden route clears for the war of kings quest, then 130 for the ruler of dark dimension. It seems obvious, but they really do try to poop out new content such that mostly F2P people can just barely keep up.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

:10bux: only tier list:

T2 Carnage
T2 Space Venom
T1 or T2 Enchant
T2 KK
T2 Hyperion, Ironheart
T1 Space Venom
T1 KK, Hyperion, Ironheart
T1 Carnage

Basically, Carnage T2 is the top priority since he's bad at T1. He's the only one that really absolutely needs T2 to be good. T1 Enchant can comfortably clear just about any SL floor she's usable on, and her T2 helps but isn't really necessary. KK gets a slight edge on the leftovers just because he's good on speed ABX days.

I'd recommend having 2-3 mega-6 tickets in the bank before getting the bio sub. Then you can unlock and 6* Carny and Enchant instantly and use about half of the month to get Carny to 420. This doesn't give you enough time to really max anyone else out but that's how NM likes to make money.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 26, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

What're ya'll top tier WB teams these days? I've reached the point that the thing I'm really looking for is the ability to kill the boss by mashing buttons one handed without actually glancing at the screen, so daisy-wolf-prox has been retired for a while. On most of these I have to swap to the main DPS character but then I can do the rest with eyes closed.

1. Shulk or Star Lord, Coulson, Sharon.
2. Santana, Dormy, Hellstrom
3. A1, Clea, Strange
4. Hela, Thor, Odin
5. Thanos, Nebula, Gamora

And strikers are always a combo of Strange - Prox - Sharon - Odin - SG - Dormy.

Still haven't gotten a WBU kill but I haven't bothered trying in a while. I generally do team #1 in that list and get the boss down to about 1/4 heath, figure I need to cake my Sharon in more urus.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

If you're scrounging for T2 tickets remember that you can get one from finishing the War of Kings questline (in special missions.) Which is a hell of a grind and they'll probably give us a new pack with the spider peoples so finish it now! I'm weighing dropping some crystals on hidden route tickets just to put a cap in it.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

30. Almost all of them are.

Goonlactus is very nearly 29. :shobon:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Friendly reminder to grab your weekly awards before 6pm pst(1 hour 15 minutes)

I assume I'm not the only one who takes them all at once

goddamn it I knew I shouldn't have taken the trash out. If I had sat down two minutes earlier and I would have like 50 more energy than I do now. :smith:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

1924 feathers and 911 crystals. Looks like I'm gonna hit the feather cap before I can finish Wolvie. :suicide:

Oh well, I'm only gonna lose like 100 or 2. Already upgraded wolvie to 417 but I have nothing else to spend them on.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I need 220 Gorgon bios to have all the Inhumans 6*'ed so I would respectfully request that NM delay this patch for about a week for me so I can finish out that branch of special missions. TIA.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

It's really annoying how the first time you go through new missions in this game there are these weird pauses that interrupt the grinding where you have to mash on 'skip' because the game is trying to read you someone's fanfiction. Don't you know I'm on a 20 minute timer here, game?

Also I got mysterio from my daily bio draw. :toot:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

My plan for who to T2 is: wait about a week before planning who to T2 so reddit can figure it out for me.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I wonder if WBU SG is going to turn out to need Maximus at T2 or something. What're all the summoners?

Corvus
SG
Loki
Squirrel girl (!)
Kingpin
Maximus
Nico maybe?
Hellstrom
Kid Kaiju

Do we know anything about whether or not summons get striker bonuses / leadership and such? Does SG's passive help tippy toe too?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The Dave posted:

This 50 Hidden tickets is just perfect timing. I'm still under for the first quest.

yeah it's pretty great. I needed literally 48 hidden path clears to finish war of kings for the T2 ticket, then I'll swap to the new quest and it'll be like 6 months before I have all the villains 6*ed anyway which should be plenty of time to get all the clears for that one. :toot:

Even once I get it he mythic costume ticket I feel is going to sit in my inventory for another 6 months before I can stand to use it. Maybe if nico gets a costume from the Hulu show, since her bios are a pain? But I'm still using the 8 a day on her when I can for no real reason.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Out of those, Doc Ock might be the most useful. He does work in Shadowlands. Coulson's worth T2ing maybe if you care about ABX / WBU but he's a waste of space otherwise.

I'm personally planning on dumping all 300 on Sharon because I'm working on upgrading her uni to mythical. Only one of those I'm bothering with so far.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 10, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Ramadu posted:

use it on a waifu

I will probably use it on mantis. I will 420 her then do Wolvie - Mantis - Gwenpool or mebbe Kamala as team neverdie.

I am 7 days away from T2ing Kate Bishop naturally. I have spent no selectors on her ever IIRC and I guess I might have gotten some misc bios from WBI or whatever but otherwise this is entirely from Villain Siege. :toot:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

My t1 417 Mantis can solo every stage I use her on anyway. She's just the furthest away from 420 of any of the unfarmables that I use. :shrug:

300 bios is a lot of bios though. Hm.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The Dave posted:

Can I change the Quest pack i'm working on without harming anything? I have everything done in the one but 6 staring Inferno and I'd like to not waste all my Sinister Six grinding on that pack, but eventually go back to it.

Yep. Switch them at will. This only really matters for the 'Clear X hidden routes' quests because they only add up on the quest you have selected. For other ones like 'get character to 6*' you can just do it whenever and when you toggle back to the right quest it'll complete instantly.

It's interesting that the top quest in the Sinister 6 line is to just get 150 hidden clears. The Dark Dimension one you need 350 and the reward is orders of magnitude worse (1 mil gold for DD and a mega uniform ticket for S6.)

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Alliance battle is 25 norns a day. World boss invasion has a chance to give you a pile of 'em too and co op will get you some but none of these methods are reliable for specific norn types. Item shop in the lab, but they're pricy.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

im freaking the heck out posted:

Hey guys, need some advice. Would it be better to T2 Santana or Gwenpool?

Probably Gwenpool (100% with costume) but Santana is no slouch. She's actually kinda tanky in that her passive gives her a flat 10 seconds of immunity and she outputs enough DPS that she can kill most stuff in that window without even worrying about taking a hit. If it runs out she can drop dead pretty quickly though. Team her up with her bro and swap to him when her immunity runs out, then he can do stuff for 20 seconds until her cooldown is up. She solos stage 21 Venom for me every week (or if I'm lazy I add in Ghost Rider and her bro.) I only T2ed her because I felt bad about feeding her bios to the BO since they're only semi-farmable.

I capped out on phoenix feathers today. Wolvie is 420 and Jean is 2-3 weeks away. Oh well.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Speaking of the alliance store...can someone give me the risk schedule?
I really need to step up in helping out there
I'm finally going through and bringing 2 60's to minimum 3 in skills and 15 in gears a day
Trying to bring my roster up to snuff, besides waves of unskilled peasants, and want to put it to good use for the guild

The way Risk works is that sometimes you'll load up a mission and the game will say 'Alliance battle is ready!' in a popup, and you say okay and then it tell you that you're in prep phase and you can't do anything. Other times you will remember 'oh it's alliance battle time' and load up only to see there's about three minutes left so there's no point in doing anything. Then when the battle is over you'll get a chest with approx. 100 GuKs.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

a little bit of pee just came out.

E: good start to the page imo

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I want the four horsemen to be farmable regular x-people but with horsemen costumes that change them to villains and you need to grind for uniform upgrades or something. I think that's how they should have done Jean + Phoenix too.

I just bought Dethlok's uniform because both Strange and Sharon want it for their own uniform bonuses. This is the first time I have engaged with the uniform system this way. It makes me feel dirty and a little used. :smith:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

The bonus you get for having another uniform increases if that other uniform is leveled up. My Sharon had all attack +241 with Dethlok's uni at level 1, and it went up to +325 with his at level 2. Uniforms are resource sinks that are fractally deep.

E: Well, I don't think it goes down more than one layer. IE, I don't need the uni for whomever gets Dethlok the extra bonuses to increase Sharon's bonus more. I believe?

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 21, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Just ask away! Some of us have nothing better to do with our time.

Santana is better on WB but Rulk is better on Shadowlands imo. Difference is not huge either way.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

he's hosed up the timestream like 8 separate times and he could have just told medusa that the terrigen was gonna disperse into the atmosphere. Down with beast, I say.

Edit: For real though I think it might just be that he's the odd one out -- everyone's grinding on Cyke / Storm / Rogue because they need to be T2 for Jean but Beast is unloved and unnecessary.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jul 24, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I have no idea who to spend my SL selctors on for once. Maybe I need to 420 Whiplash? Contemplating dumping them on Hela in the hopes that a movie costume will make her as good as she should be but that has burned me before (thanks, T2 Yondu.) Could up Angela's uniform to help Sharon out a little more. Hm.

Oh and thanks for whoever pointed out that you should collect alliance thingies in the conquest prep phase. I didn't even realise that was a thing that you needed to do, and I guess getting those to donate them is sort of the whole point of the mode. No wonder the Goonlactus alliance store is only level 5.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Boom Boom, Marrow, Omega Red, Doug Ramsey and Strife (not Cable.)

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I now have 6 5* tickets from spiderman boxes. :psyduck:

And yeah millionthing that crystals are for on-sale uniforms, mega-6es or saving because they might magneto us again. Right now in particular I wouldn't buy anything -- wait for the event coming up, there are sometimes decent deals during those. The buy in can be pretty astronomical, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

I know that a few of them are perfectly fine at T1 but I really loving suck at playing them I guess because I can't do poo poo with them (I'm looking at you Hobo Fist).

FWIW Iron Fist in particular is massively improved by T2. Not being able to do much with him at T1 is pretty normal. Arranging these in order of goodness in shadowlands IMO

Elsa - With her uniform she might still be the best speed T2 overall.
Gwen (gonna ticket her) - Excellent. Ton of iframes and a good heal for topping up between them that gets better with her uni. I usually use her on a hulk energy damage reflect relay.
Iron Fist - Can have some survivability issues but is otherwise totally solid. Give him an invincible obo. I usually use him on an IF boss using bullseye to lead for dodge ignore.
SIF - An excellent choice for a female combat hero. Only actually good with her uniform. Maaaay be worth waiting for Ragnarok for another uni? But she's not in it afaik. Slight edge in SL because of the lady relay stages later on.
Red Hulk - Great. Top tier combat T2. Damage can be a little meh in my experience but he's tank as heck and his leadership is good for a bunch of people.
Sharon - Uh, yeah. People say you don't NEED to T2 her but... she's really good. Only this low on the list because you can probably solo poo poo in SL with her at T1.
Black Bolt - Preeeetty good? I went for him over Medusa and he gets the job done but he's not completely incredibly imo. I have the tuxedo uniform. Still die sometimes when using him on the Falcon / Winter Soldier relays but with backup to swap to occasionally he can do it no prob.
Black Widow - Decent to solid at T2. Better choices for female speed heroes out there but she's wicked easy to farm.
Coulson - Poop himself, but will help give big numbers on ABX and is sort of required for WBU. Basically useless in SL because he's blast, one summon is speed, and the other is combat.

Medusa - Don't have her T2 so I dunno if it's a big improvement. I can solo a universal relay with her at T1 pretty easily though.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 2, 2017