Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeeesh. T2 Spidey 2099, 6* Mastery Wolverine and Quicksilver (who is level 58), and I still can barely make a dent in the Surtur mission. Is there a trick to him other than 'just get Thanos leveled up and unlock Phoenix?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bagrada posted:

Yeah that was the same advice I got here and it worked well. Red Hulk lead, then I just used Wolverine and ran around healing up/kiting when hurt. It still took a few tries I think since I wasn't very well geared or set up with cards back then. They give you plenty of time for the story missions so almost all of them are beatable through attrition by Wolvie running around like a loon to recover in between using his big attacks.

Cool, thanks. That worked, although it was a slog.

Um... any tips on beating Odin?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bagrada posted:

Honestly the time I beat Odin I think I paid to heal up and continue a few times without resetting his health bar since you only have to beat it once to unlock him and get to the Ultimates chapter. I used Wolverine, Sharon Rogers and Dr. Strange and still had to continue a few times but I was really bad at predicting and avoiding his attacks. Some dude on reddit says he did it as a fairly new player with Sharon Rogers.

Drat. My Sharon Rogers has quite a ways to go before she's leveled up properly. Low gear, low skill levels, only 3 star mastery, but at least she's 6* 60. I really want to get Blue Marvel and such.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Alas, my Dr. Strange is at Level 50, 4*, 3 Mastery. I'm still at the quest level where I'm supposed to gather a bunch of Rank 3 Black Anti-Matter, which I've been ignoring in favor of trying to level up Quicksilver, who is up to 58. I am NOT looking forward to wasting bios on leveling up Thanos as well, who I just unlocked and was my next project for the black anti-matter. Black Order is going to take forever.

Also constantly running short on Dimension Rifts to level up gear. Trying to get Cyclops and Storm leveled, and trying to save crystals to unlock Magneto, so I'm hesitant to pay too much to get past Odin. Guess I'll have to wait a while.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Oh god. I have Anti Man at 15 gear. How many bios would I need to get him to 20s?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

168 bio selectors saved up, and I hit the 5* Satana mission. Burn them now or wait for the Infinity War update?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Question IRL posted:

I'd hold on for a little while. If you get a rank up ticket, that will help you out. Of course you will also need to rank Clea up to 5 stars too. So basically hope for lots of Rank Up Tickets.

Did you get one from the Platinum Box from the current 7 day Login quest?

Don't think so.

Don't know how long I can hold on. I have 8 that expire in 22 hours, and 60 that expire in 1 day. When does this new update hit?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

How does a ranking event work? Just racking up points for leveling up Hulk, or do I have to get them to a certain level to get points?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

Not till the 20th, from the look of it. So you probably just gotta use the ones before they expire.

All right, thanks. Maybe I'll just dump them into my 3* Hulk to see if I can't score some prize.

Or... are there any biometrics that feed the Black Order peeps any more than others?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Question IRL posted:

Gambit is fairly likely. The patch notes talks about trusting in "the Heart of the cards."

I look forward to leaving him unrecruited for as long as possible.

The Question IRL posted:

As for the St.Paddy's day event, little miffed that you need to use the Hulk. Like Amadeus Cho is Korean American. Captain America had more of a link to Ireland than he does.

See, they are green, see.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

im freaking the heck out posted:

Stupid random question, what's your character name in game?

My gamertag thing is Po Diddly Pants.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Ugh, I HATE hat stupid X-Face look. HE HAS EYE BEAMS. HE NEEDS TO HAVE EYE HOLES!

Gimme the classic look (not the dumb 90s hair one we currently have).

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

HE ALSO NEEDS THE THING ON HIS FACE THAT MAKES HIS TWO EYES LOOK LIKE ONE EYE BECAUSE HIS NAME IS GODDAMNED CYCLOPS.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Faction Event has started - Inhumans vs. X-Men! Except that when you choose a side, it still asks you to pick between Pro-Reg and Anti-Reg so they forgot to change some code! Huzzah!

That said, free Colossus bios as faction prizes! I have a feeling those who choose Inhumans will not be so lucky.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I used it on Hellstorm so I can get past the Strange quest a little easier once I’m done with Satana and dreading Clea.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just cleared the Sinister Six quest pack and got a Mega Mythic uniform upgrade.

I don’t have a lot of uniforms. I have Superior Spider-Man on the border of Heroic just waiting for me to collect Ock bios. I have Ultron at Heroic already and I have the Age of Ultron Avengers uniforms.

My instinct is to just Superior it because I want that character to be tougher and maybe hold his own in T2 fights. Same with Ultron.

Part of me wants to get the Moon Knight uniform just because I like the look and then power it up.

Hmmm.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Huh. I guess I'll pocket it for a while. I'm at 5475 crystals and I'm trying to save up for Magneto, so I'm hesitant to blow them on Loki outfit (or even Panther outfit, for that matter, as much as I love Panther).

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm currently prioritizing Thanos over the Black Order. Should I reverse that?

Also, about to level up Cable so I can unlock Scarlet Witch... but 9 million gold just to get him to 5*? Fuckin' game.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Still working on getting Jean so hopefully I can eventually get past Odin in the Story Missions. Still about 1000 crystals away from unlocking Magneto, though.

So do Shadowland levels remain constant? The same options on every level every time so you can plan to use the same characters for each one the same way? I got to Level 12 for the first time today, so yay.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah, I keep getting Blast characters and it just makes me mad that T2 MODOK can't handle a level on his own. At least Mysterio can.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So much MODOK disrespect. He was the first character I leveled up and T2ed. He is the greatest.

Although I would love a skin of his giant proportional robot suit. Or MODAM. Or Ms. MODOK.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I definitely need something to make my Wolverine 'immune to stun' or something before I send him after Odin. And I guess I might need the AoA costume, too? But even against the Alliance Battle frost wolf thing, he keeps getting knocked for a loop and just sitting there seeing starts for way too long. Same problem in Timeline Battle. I wish the Trivia game would tell me what I need to make that happen.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Thanks. I guessed Immune To Snare was the thing but the animation really didn't look like he was "snared," but rather just dazed, so I wasn't sure.

Of course, I've got a 20% Ignore Damage obelisk on him now that I'll be sad to lose.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 5, 2018

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Dave posted:

I’m pretty sure you guys mean immune to stun, not snared. But now you’re making me question everything.

I kept looking for Immune to Stun among my obelisks and found none. So I went with Immune to Snare with a Recovery Rate bonus of 61% for Wolverine. Still no luck in getting past Odin, though, but he didn't appear to be stunned at all!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just unlocked Wanda. Should I put Thanos on hold to level her up or finish Thanos first?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Crap. I was hoping to use it on Magneto so I could finally unlock Jean without piddling on his little mission forever.

Guess I've got a big decision here. Which of these do I use it on?

6* Mastery Shuri
6* Mastery Sharon Rogers
6* Mastery Titania
6* Mastery Absorbing Man
6* Mastery Chavez
6* Mastery Elsa Bloodstone
6* Klaw (3 Mastery)
6* Mantis (2 mastery)
6* Hulk
6* She-Hulk
5* Skurge
5* Black Bolt
5* Coulson
5* Destroyer
5* War Machine
4* Hulkbuster
4* Spider-Man
4* Loki
4* Winter Soldier
4* Red Hulk
4* Moon Knight
4* Ghost Rider
4* Black Cat
3* Heimdall
3* Groot
3* Rocket Raccoon
3* Captain Marvel
3* Star-Lord
3* Venom
3* Misty
1* Singularity
1* Medusa
1* Crystal
1* Angela
1* Ghost Rider Robbie

I've got Captain America just about ready to T2, and trying to amass 10 million gold to get Cable to 6*.

I really wish they'd give out 'Gear-20' tickets to avoid the annoying rank-up of all this gear and the drat drag that is.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Will this Event Shop still be going when the update drops? Or do I have to decide what I'm spending tokens on as soon as I get them?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm upset that MODOK wasn't a choice. That was my first T2.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Holy crap, just realized that unlocking Magneto also unlocked all of the prizing along the story track for the X-Men quest. Just got a crapton of resources and bios for him. Yay!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So is new Cap uniform good enough to take out Odin in the Story Mission?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just unlocked Jean today. Did I do it in time for her to be worthless?

I need to freakin' get past Odin.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Okay. She's going to take for-drat-ever to level up anyway. I need a crap ton more MKraan Crystals.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

The trick is converting Phoenix Feathers in the lab to M'Kraan Crystals.

You can't just do a 1 to 1, right? Don't you have to combine all the valuable stuff to make any conversion?

Also, I still have my mega Mythic token. Cap or Thanos?

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 28, 2018

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

3rd anniversary gifts! Yay! I used it to get Sharon Rogers over the bump.

Really wish they’d give me something to use on Jean and Thanos.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I got Bucky, Cap and Thanos costumes. Any other must gets?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I have my Mega Mythic costume token and 2 regular Mythic costume tokens.

I've got Legendary Superior Spider-Man
Heroic AoU Ultron Mark 3
Advanced Ultron Prime, AoU Thor, AoU Cap
Normal IW Cap, IW Thor, IW Thanos, IW Bucky, AoU Hawkeye-Vision-Ultron Mk1 - BlackWidow- Iron Man, Baby Groot.

Just noticed the new costume sale has started up again for another 6 days. I'm almost halfway to the new Panther outfit. Or I could buy Dr. Strange or Sharon Rogers or Elsa. Save a little more for Shuri. And a part of me wants that alternate Moon Knight outfit.

I've got Iron Man, Thor, and now Spidey at 6*, Groot will be coming in a couple weeks.

I feel like Thanos deserves the Mega Mythic, but not sure.

Also... so there's NO way to shortcut leveling up Wanda, right? That's the last task before unlocking Apocalypse, debating skipping it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Cinara posted:

Costume tickets don't work on native t2s.

Dangit, I don't know why I keep forgetting that. It's super annoying.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yay, I finally finished the Strange quest today! Yay for full-power Strange! Glad I only needed to get Clea to 5 and that I had a crap ton of purple stones to get her Mastery where I needed.

Planning to focus BAM on getting Thanos up there... but maybe I should grab me some Corvus. I like that his uniform can apparently summon minions. I like minion-summoning.

I have the Thor uniform, and I like it if for no other reason than that it puts "Immigrant Song" in my head every time I use Thor. I don't have Thor at T2 yet, so I haven't seen it at full power.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So, the Mega 6-Star. I can use them on paywall people.

So I've got Agent Venom up to 4 stars and I've been working on him lately. I've also got Magik at 4 stars.

I've got Enchantress, Misty Knight and Jane Thor at 3, Valkyrie at 2, Hyperion and Quasar and Medusa, Hellcat, Shang-Chi at 1.

I could also wait until tomorrow to unlock Carnage or Ironheart or Kid Kaiju and then do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

And as far as unlocking Nova, I have to do it in the Lab and hope I get lucky? I've heard good things about him.