Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Can't wait to see the bio average from these "Epic Missions," think it's just like the Dr. Strange missions?

XMEN HYPE

SILVER SURFER, ONE DAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

T2 KK can comfortably do female relays but I feel she's best used on the speed relays w energy reflect (w costume) since those have a couple chances to appear in the mid-to-high teen floors.

What combat chars do you even have left? You could do the relay with like... Shang-Chi/HB/some ringer

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I am farming those dumb m'kraan shards and wanted to see which mission was the fastest.

Caveats: all done w Odin, same team (Rouge & Mags just cause I was leveling them) and only did 3 runs each. Normally I'd do like 5 but the results were dramatic enough; from best to worst:

Storm: 25.67

Cyclopes: 32.00

Beast: 35.67

Rouge: 40.67

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Sometimes the leak takes longer, sometimes sooner.

I've also been doing this long enough to know it isn't just the big patches, even the small patches they push out cause it to bloat.

A fresh re-install will always be freakishly stable, it's the patches that slowly bloat the base.

Personally, the moment my game locks up or crashes I reinstall that very moment. Takes only a couple minutes and 100% solves all problems.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah I'm in the same boat... I've been taking it easy since update (not playing everyday) so I'm a bit slow in just realizing today that I'm going to cap out on feathers long before I'm done with the crystal quest.

Yet I don't want to use them T2'ing people since I have tickets, and besides I'm stuck on the crystal quest so I don't want to spend any on T2'ing since that step is post-Wolverine, so the only thing I can do with the capped feathers is upgrade Wolverine's gears?

It drives me crazy cause they're usually pretty tight with their design; easy fix would be increase that 2k cap, it doesn't seem to incentivize whaling or anything

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Check out my Wolverine obo, pity he is 5*

I almost ate it so many times, since nearly everyone wants a damage proc.

Remember guys, hoarding always works; I also hoarded 6 T2 tickets so I don't have to worry about feather/crystal mats at all T2'ing X-Men

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I don't have the selector package or it'd be really easy for me to help you but off the top of my head I'm fairly sure Agent Venom and Enchantress are the best selector guys, Agent Venom is slightly better overall but both are perfectly viable choices and have their own strengths/weaknesses in the current meta

t;ldr Youre just gonna see a lot of "get AV" replies

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Moreau posted:

Im going to take a break from Future Fight - its no longer grabbing me as it once did. Probably because no Silver Surfer or Mar-Vell. Anyway, you can drop Rhabban from Worst Alliance and your friends lists.

Rhabban we have been FF friends for a long time, you were one of the first friends I had

When I originally friended you, I didn't even know you were a goon, I accepted because I assumed you were a fan of Dune

Your assemble points and imagined friendship will be missed

(Silver Surfer is also my #1 desired character)

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Oh yeah another question! So the WB that I beat give Bios so I can unlock them eventually and I see they are native T2's can you use the Mega Rank up ticket on them to get them right to 6*s? Is that worth it?

You can't use tickets on native T2's, they all take a resource.

For WB it is Black Antimatter, which are the orange crystals that drops from WB.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

phosdex posted:

Do the mkraan crystals have any other use besides doing the non-ticket t2 rank up? I just did the 1000 epic quest hand-in and now I'm wondering if I should continue to use the lab converter to make more.

I can only assume you need a poo poo ton to upgrade Jean's mastery since it's the x-men's CNS equivalent

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

What're ya'll top tier WB teams these days? I've reached the point that the thing I'm really looking for is the ability to kill the boss by mashing buttons one handed without actually glancing at the screen, so daisy-wolf-prox has been retired for a while. On most of these I have to swap to the main DPS character but then I can do the rest with eyes closed.

The teammates vary by the day, usually due to whether or not I can use She-Hulk as lead, but in general:

Strange
Odin
Dormmy
Sharon
Prox or Enchantress depending on day

I'll use Prox unless using Enchantress is faster simply because the guy is annoying or has a lot of cutscenes, basically Ebony Maw, Dwarf, Thanos, iThanos

Would love to replace Prox with Jean, she's really showing her age despite high burst; sometimes it's hard to tell if I'd rather play AV because :effort:

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

lmao yes buy strange's uniform you dork

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

It's been oft repeated, but remember that really the key to clearing SL once you have the roster is to know who you're using for floors 21-25, because they are static and the difficulty (both their health pools, their dodge rates, and the damage they deal) ramps up exponentially.

I won't list out guys cause there are a LOT of people that can do these floors, but here are the general requirements:

21: Venom does a lot of guard breaking, save malekith or similar for lead, save S tier blast/universal, or have said S tier guy with ITGB obo
22: Save an S tier villain
23: Save an S tier blast/universal
24: High dodge rate, either lead S tier blast/universal with ignore dodge (bullseye, et al.) or I highly recommend soloing with Proxima, she has a rare ignore dodge lead and you get the most value out of this floor since she isn't super great at SL
25: Save an S tier universal/combat

By save I mean you should be saving someone you know can do it, ie someone you've done it with, not just some rando you think. Great example is Enchantress is practically S tier for all of SL, but really doesn't have the DPS to pull off any of these floors, though she won't die.

For this reason sometimes it's good to test out new guys on those floors if you can, so you know who else is an option to save for that floor.

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 28, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

fart simpson posted:

What alternate universe are you living in where Proxima isn't great at SL? She gives me easier clears on literally any eligible stage than any of the other Black Order guys, and I have the entire Black Order at 6/6/60

Proxima requires effort in SL, she's a glass cannon; I believe you can do floors with her, so can I

She's still poo poo for SL considering how long she takes to get, I'm not one of those get-Prox-first people so ymmv, we have argued over this before; I don't think proxima is all that good in the current meta, I hardly ever look to her for anything, TL, BW, SL, WB, anything

edit: hell I dont even use her as a striker in wb lmao, garbo

and even if she can do every floor, all Im trying to say is tyou get the most value out of that super high floor anyhow, she can solo it

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 28, 2017

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Do you remember roughly how much mkraan crystals you needed for 0-full mastery?

I been lazily looking for it on reddit but seems no one's put up a bit mat chart or I missed it

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

:eyepop: 6,250 crystals?!

(thanks!)

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Ramadu posted:

The biggest annoyance right now is I am basically forced to t2 4 people to get jean. This is fine for people like me that have 30+ T2s and every character at 6* but for a new player it's kinda bullshit.

This Mkraan Crystal wall is some serious bullshit too.

Jean doesn't do anything for new players. New players need Strange, then Proxima (or vice versa), then Odin.

If you have Strange fully built, you're probably not a 'new player' by default. It's actually my biggest pet peeve that Jean literally does nothing for me except TL/BW, she doesn't even do an ABX day.

Agreed the crystals are bs

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Bird Law posted:

Going to buy one last costume in this sale, I've bought S.Rodg's and Strange's. I super want Rhulk's Stache costume, holy hell it looks fantastic and apparently makes him top tier, bonus!

Kinda sad that my Iron Fist gray tracksuit isn't as good as netflix hobo, but I'm gonna skip that one for this round, Hulk-stache!

Do you really not have the crystals for literally one of the top 3 costumes in the game? If I restarted my account it would be one of my first purchases

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Ah ok, well uni sales are frequent, you should get it next time!

It gives a high DPS character full invulnerability uptime, so there isn't much he can't do.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Just finished Wolverine and he's awesome! :dance:

TL Godking

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

What kind of obo does Jean want? Figure I might as well start rolling for it now.

Fire % and damage proc?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Have to wait for the vidz but after testing out my completely unbuilt Spidey in SL, he looks like he may be the speed hero we've been waiting for

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah people have been saying pretty much that, A/B tier.

Also don't get your hopes up for Spiderman ABX, I've seen 3 REALLY built ones and they only did just over 100k with amazing cards and users claim :effort:

So KK still king of the hill for now

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

ShaRog is all about scaling. You'd be very surprised how little damage a uniformed ShaRog with no damage static/proc obo and no dmg ISO set does. (I know from personal experience)

You want damage on everything, because her dmg scaling is freakishly exponential; ideally def pen should come from cards and your obo should be crt rate (or dmg but that's better gapped in uru, for min/maxers)

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

I will probably use it on mantis. I will 420 her then do Wolvie - Mantis - Gwenpool or mebbe Kamala as team neverdie.

We don't talk about it much (Blast rosters too deep, etc.) but Mantis is like... really really good, e.g. better than Hellstorm, Hyperion, could go on

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

300 bios is like a week and a half of SL, so I wouldn't sweat it

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Basically don't feel like I'm missing out not having Sin at 6 star

Yep, same boat, I'm just not a collector. I have zero problem leaving utterly useless guys at 4* (remember when they had to be that level to do co-op guys??) and now it doesn't even matter anymore

Do people like dmg or invincible on Phoenix? I'm mostly looking to use her in TL and BW

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

I just bought Dethlok's uniform because both Strange and Sharon want it for their own uniform bonuses. This is the first time I have engaged with the uniform system this way. It makes me feel dirty and a little used. :smith:

Wait until you realize that upgrading Deathlok's uniform to Mythic is actually kind of a big deal

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

NmareBfly posted:

E: Well, I don't think it goes down more than one layer. IE, I don't need the uni for whomever gets Dethlok the extra bonuses to increase Sharon's bonus more. I believe?

you sweet, sweet summer child

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Red Hulk by a mile

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Ask away, it's what the thread's for

I will also take questions for "what iso set does this guy need?" and my personal favorite: "what obo should I use?"

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Oh Hmm I didn't know that. That helps take the sting out of it then.

I don't know the Android method (though I know it's repeatable) but on iOS I just hit the home screen, wait 5s, then tab back and I'm disconnected and can immediately requeue. No need to force quit on either platform.

The trick with WBI is don't fall prey to sunk cost fallacy, if your team isn't stomping (or you're not carrying) then just dc immediately and search again. There are a lot of Stranges, etc. queueing, don't fight for scraps w the plebs

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, I'm getting a T2 ticket tomorrow and not sure what to do with it. Here's how things look.

T2s
Universal: Lady Loki, Captain Marvel
Speed: Black Widow, Elsa Bloodstone, Falcon, Ms. Marvel
Combat: Captain America, Carnage, Iron Fist, Wolverine
Blast: Sharon Rogers, Doctor Strange

Ok, so right off the bat my impression is "get a Blast or Universal" since those are the shallowest fields. But even though I don't have a ton of Blast T2s Strange and Rogers are my top 2 and Ancient One and Enchantress are pretty effective Blast characters at T1. And I haven't geared up Wasp or Magneto yet. Universal is another weak field but I'm working on Proxima now that I have the Epics done and then there's Thanos, Dormammu, and the rest of the Black Order.

Here's what my options look like.
Universal: Black Bolt, Trenchcoat Ghost Rider, Hellstorm, Hyperion, Satana, Thor, Vision. Plus Robbie Reyes at 150/320.
Blast: Ancient One, Baron Mordo, Crystal, Daisy Johnson, Enchantress, Iron Man, Kaecilius, Lash, Lincoln Campbell, Magneto, Storm, Wiccan, Yellowjacket, Wasp, Agent Caulson. Plus Songbird 266/320 and Cyclops 243/320.
Speed: Agent 13, Ant Man, Bobby Morse, Daredevil, Elektra, Green Goblin, Kate Bishop, Rogue, Homecoming Spider-Man, Captain America Winter Soldier. Plus Hawkeye 212/320.
Combat: Agent Venom, BeastBlack Panther, Blade, Bullseye, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Sif, Ant-Venom, White Tiger, Red Hulk, Deathlok. Plus Giant Man 189/320 and Warwolf 261-320.

So what do you guys think? Black Bolt is who I'm leaning towards right now but I'm very undecided. I figure I'm going to do the mutants the hard way.

What are you trying to accomplish?

No context, prime guys are Agent Venom in general, Spiderman for TL/BW, Coulson for ABX and general villain damage booster.

Honorable mentions: Red Hulk, Enchantress just cause she's quality

BB isn't very good even at T2, but he's ok. He will solo any ignore dodge floor in SL, e.g. Rocket or Iron Fist

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Shadowland, basically. WBR is on lock, ABX is whatever, I don't care about UWB. I'd like to be able to beat 12-8 and get Thor but that will happen eventually. That's why I'm thinking in terms of balancing my categories.

I'd probably do Agent Venom then, he might not get you a floor now but he's one of the few people that can handle 19-25, where the difficulty really ramps. He is one of the best characters in the game and will be T2 eventually

Otherwise Homecoming Spidey has been very strong in SL, does most near anything and fills the niche of reflect-energy-relays that pop up a lot through the mid-to-late teens. His only weakness is DPS so hence the T2.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Tom Gorman posted:

holy gently caress how did i not realize that bios take up inventory slots this whole time

just going through and feeding every stack less than 5 freed up like 50 inventory slots

This is why the "1 useless random bio every day" VIP reward will always be this game's greatest troll

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

im freaking the heck out posted:

Yeah I just threw Web Immunity on Wolverine or battles against Spidey would go on forever.

Having T2 Wasp on the team or leading with Supergiant/Malekith also does the trick, for obo I'd run max HP / invul

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

He can but from the 5 min battles I've seen he's stuck in the web the whole drat time.

I think invincible is the right way to go (his damage will always suck and the meta he dominates is pvp) but FYI Wolvie has SUPER ARMOR so he doesn't need ITGB

I would again suggest max hp + invul

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Whoops forgot my question:

Do people think the X-Men missions are a more efficient source of bios per energy than WBI? My napkin math says yes but maybe someone else has done some thinking on this

I also can't find that big WBI reddit thread where they calculate the bio/energy #'s

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, ive recently been reevaulating my whole use of obolisks. I was just kind of assuming whatever random damage or recovery rate or whatever useful I could find on people. Now I'm being more deliberate and trying to figure out what a character needs and focusing. So I'm ranking up an Immunity to Web Snare right now for Strange to counter the new Spider Man problem. I'll do that one you suggested for Carnage. I'm just gonna kind of be more deliberate and when there's a character u like but I identify a problem with use that to try and address it.

That's probably basic for you guys but it feels like a new stage of gameplay for me now as I get deeper into stuff like XAB and Shadowland and such.

Obos are the most important upgrade you can give a character besides ISO set, but harder because there are only 2 ISO sets that really matter (PoAH and OD).

Feel free to use the obo for now but eventually you'd want to either a) have T2 wasp in party or b) lead with Malekith or SG for the web.

Dr. Strange wants a Recover Rate + Invul obo, generally, as he does not want for damage, only survivability

I loved picking out obos for guys but end game everyone wears Crit Rate/Dmg (except for the rare guys wearing ITGB) cause our poo poo is capped.

For early game Def Pen is probably the best gear but keeping in mind eventually you'll outgrow it. Eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

For me right now I've got the following dudes at 420,

Black Widow
SIF
Coulson
Gwen (gonna ticket her)
Red Hulk
Elsa
Iron Fist
Sharon
Medusa
Black Bolt

So those would be ones that are ready now with a few more on the way. I know that a few of them are perfectly fine at T1 but I really loving suck at playing them I guess because I can't do poo poo with them (I'm looking at you Hobo Fist).

I feel like I could T2 all of those dudes in the time it takes me to finish one of the native T2's.

Gwen (gonna ticket her)
Red Hulk
Elsa
Iron Fist

These, and to a lesser extent Black Bolt, are all good T2 SL floor clear ppls\

Order of quality in SL I'd probably say Elsa, Red Hulk, Iron Fist, Gwen, BB