Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

That picture is, but lipedema is a real condition that has less to do with obesity and more to do with a combination of genetics, hormones, stress, and other factors still being sorted out. The lady in purple probably has lipedema (and maybe Cushings based on the humped back). Apparently even if a patient is obese and loses weight it's primarily lost in the upper body with little change to the lower, even with bariatric surgery.

Yes, the only way to get rid of the large masses is by surgery or liposuction. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

A libertarian convention let basically anybody go up to give a speech for nomination. Or something similar to that; they basically did the whole "we won't deny anybody the microphone" thing and let anybody go up to try to get votes who wanted to.

So that husky bearded guy said "I'd like to campaign!" and instead went up on stage and did a strip tease until they shooed him away. It's as hilarious and awkward as it sounds.

It was the official Libertarian Party national convention, during the time that the people campaigning to be party chair were goven opportunities to make speeches. This was apparently this dude's "speech". He got two votes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Scathach posted:

P sure that is the same dude in a previous pic where he's posing in the Walmart break room to show off his "brony" tattoo.

Yes, it is. There's a third photo of him that often gets shared as well, but "scrawny brony in fedora" somehow didn't turn it up.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

Aren't there actual reusable tampons you can buy anyway? Or a tampon alternative that's reusable at least.

Sea sponges. They're not terrible, but you have to sanitize them by boiling, and eventually I got too lazy to keep up with it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Everything sends you to hell according to the Bible. Don't jack off, don't kill your neighbor, don't gently caress your mom what the heck doesn't end you up in hell?

Smuggling looted Iraqi antiquities into the US. Hobby Lobby did it, so it must be Jesus-approved!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Leavemywife posted:

Huh. I never expected crossover between the furries and the Amish.

They're Mennonites. Just to be a pedant about German Pietist communities.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Still makes me laugh that Sinn Fein representatives had to have their voices dubbed by law on the news. As if hearing Gerry Adams real voice would have converted the whole of the UK to his point of view. Good times, good times.

The idea was to keep them from sending coded messages with pauses, throat-clearings, and the like, I thought?

I was very disappointed when I finally heard Gerry Adams's actual voice. It was like the end of a childhood era.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Couldn't they do that with word choice?

Apparently, the U.K. Government was just being cocks and the actor thing was rules-lawyering by the broadcasters. Silly me for thinking there was an actual reason for it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

text me a vag pic posted:

jfchrist its like you were all raised in barns

That man's liver is not well. :ohdear:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Sign says "Resident of the United States" which is certainly true.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

:stare: Oh my loving god. I...I think that's my uncle... or is it ex uncle? He was only related to me by marriage and they got a divorce, I dunno what that makes him.

Your aunt's ex-husband.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Always wondered what was with the mottled purple/pink parts of fat (white) people.

Are they massive stretch marks or something?

Lipedema or lymphedema with accompanying venous insufficiency. Fun fact: if it's lipedema, losing weight won't reduce the size of those fat masses; they have to be surgically removed.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Jay Leno lookin a lot younger these days

I was going to say Goth Paula Poundstone, why?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

goose willis posted:

How exactly does the "atheist Jew" part work

My father-in-law belonged to a "secular Jewish" community, and at least for them it meant "have potluck Shabbat dinner in the basement of a Unitarian church, and replace all references to God and Torah in the prayers with the word 'tradition'."

The average age of this group is about 80.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

what in the gently caress

Maybe a hugely filtered photo isn't the best advertisement for the quality of a foundation? "Ooh, I want this one, it will make me blurry and phosphorescent!"

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Mountain Don't

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

Pretty dumb, but coulda been worse. I was wondering if he was one of those "If you don't help to create AI, the AI will torture a virtual you forever" nutjobs.

He is THE guy for that.

Also lovely Harry Potter fanfic.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Rad Lieutenant posted:

p nice username/post

Unfolded Hatecube

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Well of course I disagree with every Nazi, come the gently caress on.

Yes, but you disagree with other people, too. Like, flat-Earthers aren't necessarily Nazis. Or those shoeless dudes who tell you weed cures cancer, they definitely aren't Nazis.

I generally think people who say they're Nazis, who display Nazi symbols, who quote Hitler, and who shout "Sieg Heil!" are Nazis. Maybe that's just me, though.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Yes, but she, her

Misgendering people isn't cool even if they're gross, arrogant assholes

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

In the US, exactly 50% of the people who graduate with a degree in paleontology are women.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Okay this is creepy, but it also has a surprise 1980s Peter Dinklage holy poo poo

It's Mike Edmonds, who was great in Time Bandits.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Uh, I just looked this guy up and he looks nothing like the guy in that video who may or may not be Peter Dinklage.

Edit: that has to be Dinklage

Am I missing :thejoke:? Because it's Mike Edmonds.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

That's not the guy who looks like Dinklage though. There was 4 dwarves in that video maybe you are thinking of the wrong one?

I literally forgot there was more than one person with dwarfism in the video, I am the idiot here. Mike Edmonds is the dude with the jester hat. The Internet doesn't seem to know who the other three people with dwarfism are.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

mds2 posted:

The US Flag code specifically states that it should never be worn as apparel.

Yes, but that's the actual flag, not all cloth with stars and stripes on it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I see your Brad Castleberry and raise you F. E. Castleberry.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I think we can mock hideously ungraceful dancers without bringing religion into it.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

zoux posted:

I don't get not showering/bathing, I feel disgusting if I miss one day much less a week. Can some people just not stand being wet?

It's often a symptom of depression or other mental illness.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Mock the Cross posted:

It actually is smörgåstårta, I bet it looks super weird to non-Swedish people. Maybe not as bad as baloney cake though.

It looks delicious to non-Swedish me!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

TheHoosier posted:

unless i'm mis-remembering that story it doesn't seem like something written while high as gently caress on cocaine. weird.

Cujo is a well-constructed horror novel that was super mainstream for the era. So I'm betting on Tommyknockers for the drug book, because it makes no loving sense.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Randaconda posted:

A teacher called my mom to tell her I was reading Pet Sematary and my mom laughed at her.

Pet Sematary is a really well-constructed book, hats off to it even though I hate hate hate the "Indian burial ground" cliché so goddamned much.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Why are you so anti-Christian? These good Christian people are just having a Christian family homebirth like King James Version Jesus intended.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Did this gentleman receive the National Order of the Legion of Honor for his services to cheese? Because that would be the Frenchest thing ever.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Aramoro posted:

It's Alfred Hitchcock, presumably working on some cheese based suspense thriller.

Ah, I only recognize him in profile. Well, that explains the Légion d' Honneur. Not so much the cheese. Dial M for Münster?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, man, the autist formerly known as ADF, it's been a long time.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Sludge Tank posted:

Is that chrischan?

No, it's Isabel Rosa Araujo, formerly known as Ahuviya Rotem Harel, formerly known as ADF-Fuensalida, formerly known as Philip Hawkins-Delici. I may be leaving out a few of the a/k/as.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Faces of Meth: Santa Claus

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

How do your teeth get that yellow when you're only like 15? I mean, mine aren't exactly pure white but my excuse is I'm almost 35.

Amelogenesis imperfecta? or maybe antibiotics during early childhood, that can also effect enamel development.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

rydiafan posted:

I literally can't tell what physical gender that person is, which is worrying given the last few derails.

Gender is mental, sex is physical. :quagmire:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Hihohe posted:

How are you guys so bad at this

Why did this happen? This should not have happened.

• Locked thread