Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

BrigadierSensible posted:

Now fair enough if this person has dressed up all sexy-like to go clubbing, or on a date or whatever.

But why dress like this for a trip to the supermarket? She has a half full trolley, so it's not just popping in for bread and milk after a hard night at the club/on the streets. This, with all the attendant effort to get that hideous make up on, and those uncomfortable shoes etc., this is her grocery shopping outfit.

Probably attention. There will be other people there and she might want them to pay attention to her.

That'd be my guess, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

MNIMWA posted:

ahah what the heck is going on here

A libertarian convention let basically anybody go up to give a speech for nomination. Or something similar to that; they basically did the whole "we won't deny anybody the microphone" thing and let anybody go up to try to get votes who wanted to.

So that husky bearded guy said "I'd like to campaign!" and instead went up on stage and did a strip tease until they shooed him away. It's as hilarious and awkward as it sounds.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Ya I don't get that at all. I'd think the best part about being an atheist is not having to be active in a community

Humans are tribal. Don't forget that; we all feel the need to belong to a community. It's very common to create that tribe around a religion; hence having communities around churches with people who go not because they believe exactly but because their friends and family all go.

So you take religion out but you can't remove the need for a tribe. Religious communities are going to try to make an atheist not be an atheist while atheists very often just plain refuse to attend religious services for any reason. So you end up with communities of atheists and the mentioned evangelical atheism on the internet. Every demographic has its militant poo poo nuggets so you'll have angry, militant atheists that want to ban religion entirely.

People who can exist and thrive without having a tribe are extremely rare. Loneliness literally kills you.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

I said it the last time he was posted and I'll say it again, that man is living life.

My goodness I wish I could nap and relax as hard as that dude. Somebody find out who he is so I can learn his secrets.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

whiteyfats posted:

Lord knows I'm not attractive, as any goon who saw my pics in the thread for it can attest, but Jesus, I've know the touch of women before. How the hell can these fuckboys not carry on a conversation with a woman, or are the leaping to 'welp, been talking to this chick for five minutes, better make my move?'?

It depends; some of them assume that their towering intellect makes them so attractive that women should just be throwing themselves at them whenever they leave the house. It's worth noting how many of them are also actual white supremacists; they're assuming that being white and smart should get you every woman you want. Of course a lot of them aren't geniuses (which should be obvious) and just spout off the same nonsense as each other and be all "look how logical and smart I am! #atheist" When they aren't drowning in sexual partners they act like it's everybody else's fault.

The "leave the house" is another thing; getting laid becomes significantly easier when you actually go outside and interact with the human race. A lot of these types have their entire social lives revolving around talking to other stereotypical internet males on the internet. You know, the kind of places women avoid because as soon as they find out you're a human female you get drowned in "make me a sandwich lol" and "pix plz be my waifu" or "tits or gtfo." They're extremely disrespectful but don't understand why that hurts their chances. Meanwhile they've created entire communities where being a continually worse person every day is encouraged and normal.

Take a wild guess how many of them also smell badly because they consider showering optional.

There's just so much "I deserve to have all of the girlfriends but put forth absolutely no effort whatsoever" going on. I'm going to guess there's a poo poo load of narcissism in them as well. Then if they manage to actually get a girlfriend the domineering emotional blackmail sets in. They're pretty terrible people, generally speaking.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Judging by the guitar and pile of filthy clothes I'm going to guess it was somebody who was a total load on others. You know, only works part time, can't seem to be bothered to help around the house or pay their share of the bills, but always seems to have money for cards. Rent comes due, the guy says yet again "uh hey don't have it, I'll pay later" when somebody finally snaps and says "gently caress you, sell some of your cards to make rent today or GTFO." The guy was then mortified that such a thing would even be suggested so the cards and what few things the guy owned got tossed out into the street in a final "gently caress you" moment.

...not that I've known people like that. Nosiree. Never.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Jestery posted:

At what point do you say to yourself
" I cannot function as a human being, I guess I'll have some cake"

There are people who in that situation would say to themselves "I'm not big enough yet. More cake. Bring it to me so I can burn fewer calories."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm pretty sure that, if I ever met him in person, I'd like to be his friend. I would totally buy that guy All the Beers.

• Locked thread