Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apennysaved
Jun 5, 2017
What's up goons, my partner and I recently started our first company, REDACTED! We audit peoples’ cable, phone, and internet bills and split the savings.

A little about me, my name is Thomas, and I’m a nineteen year old college student who decided to take a chance on a business my partner and longtime friend approached me with over winter break this past year. My partner came up with the idea late last fall when his mom approached him about her bills. James called Comcast on behalf of his mom and after two hours with four separate representatives, he managed to drop her bill by nearly 50%. After going through the hassle of numerous phone trees, unhelpful representatives, and holds at every interval, and then experiencing success through persistence and determination James realized there was an opportunity. After many more months of experimentation and leg work we opened the doors to Vowel Inc., a fixed cost reduction company focused on homeowners and small businesses!

Our company looks for missed discounts, promotions, courtesy credits, billing errors, and more to negotiate our customers’ bills down by an average of 39%! We never need any financial information, charge no upfront fees, and only need your last month's bills to get started. Currently, we only audit telecommunications bills for homeowners and small businesses, but we are soon looking to expand that into categories like alarms and security, waste management, pest control, and a host of other services which will make our service more useful for small businesses and homeowners alike.

Our biggest challenges so far have been centered around marketing. We have consistently and substantially reduced the bills we’ve received, but we have had trouble expanding that client base beyond friends and family. We have dabbled in different methods like cold calling and mass emails but experienced very limited success and are looking for a better way to bring in and convince potential clients. College has also made working a little trickier. Fortunately, now we are both off for the summer, but during college a lot of time is spent staring at a face camera working into the night.

My main question is how else should we market, or change our existing strategies, to target a broader range of potential clients on a very limited marketing budget and actually capture their attention?
Thanks for any input and if you are interested or have any questions feel free to ask down below or pm me. (sorry I would link a website but it’s still a couple weeks from completion)
0 comments save edit delete

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

apennysaved posted:

Saving this

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You could have saved $10 by not joining this forum not sure I can trust your judgement.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

apennysaved posted:

What's up goons, my partner and I recently started our first company, REDACTED! We audit peoples’ cable, phone, and internet bills and split the savings.

A little about me, my name is Thomas, and I’m a nineteen year old college student who decided to take a chance on a business my partner and longtime friend approached me with over winter break this past year. My partner came up with the idea late last fall when his mom approached him about her bills. James called Comcast on behalf of his mom and after two hours with four separate representatives, he managed to drop her bill by nearly 50%. After going through the hassle of numerous phone trees, unhelpful representatives, and holds at every interval, and then experiencing success through persistence and determination James realized there was an opportunity. After many more months of experimentation and leg work we opened the doors to Vowel Inc., a fixed cost reduction company focused on homeowners and small businesses!

Our company looks for missed discounts, promotions, courtesy credits, billing errors, and more to negotiate our customers’ bills down by an average of 39%! We never need any financial information, charge no upfront fees, and only need your last month's bills to get started. Currently, we only audit telecommunications bills for homeowners and small businesses, but we are soon looking to expand that into categories like alarms and security, waste management, pest control, and a host of other services which will make our service more useful for small businesses and homeowners alike.

Our biggest challenges so far have been centered around marketing. We have consistently and substantially reduced the bills we’ve received, but we have had trouble expanding that client base beyond friends and family. We have dabbled in different methods like cold calling and mass emails but experienced very limited success and are looking for a better way to bring in and convince potential clients. College has also made working a little trickier. Fortunately, now we are both off for the summer, but during college a lot of time is spent staring at a face camera working into the night.

My main question is how else should we market, or change our existing strategies, to target a broader range of potential clients on a very limited marketing budget and actually capture their attention?
Thanks for any input and if you are interested or have any questions feel free to ask down below or pm me. (sorry I would link a website but it’s still a couple weeks from completion)

Holding for potential prosperity

Also you should buy banners on this site. They get a lot of clicks then you can click it to this thread that definitely won't be a shitshow.... or closed.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 17, 2017

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
https://voat.co/v/Frugal/1917029

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
What's up goons I registered 9 days ago and am a literal flaming can of garbage! Definitely not going to spam a million different forums environments in a lovely attempt at "marketing" because I don't understand what "marketing" is!

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

apennysaved posted:

and I’m a nineteen year old college student

This part I have no trouble believing.

oh rly
Feb 22, 2006
oh rly ya rly no wai
To get started, I recommend opening a thread in SA Mart. Get your business started with goons.

Several goons have made money like the Resumes2Interview goon and the goon who made the emoticon badges.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Hi apennysaved, welcome to BFC!

You are more than welcome to ask for business advice in this subforum. You are also more than welcome to promote your business in SA-Mart.

What you are not welcome to do is promote your business in BFC. I've redacted your business name to help with this.

I'm guessing you're long gone, since it's been a week since you made your one and only post, but if you want to stick around and take another crack then I'm happy to work with you on this :)

Oh also,

apennysaved posted:

lol

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
There's also a goon over in SA Mart who has been doing this for years but who isn't a shitsucking Voat poster who registered just to promote his business. :haw:

He's actually pretty good, too. If I could remember his name, I'd put it in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

last laugh
Feb 11, 2004

NOOOTHING!

apennysaved posted:

What's up goons,

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

'sup, fellow goon.

• Locked thread