Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Could you convert it to another coil, like a standard parts-store/MSD GM coil?

I'm guessing not if it takes the cam/crank sensors as input directly into the coil (and would then apparently handle advance internally at the coil rather than the dizzy?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

Wagon made it home. Needs a water pump and thermostat.

I saw a minty '87 5000 today at the junkyard and thought of you. Hood cable was snapped otherwise I would have checked more closely.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
You could probably look through it in a hex editor and figure out at least where some of the tables would be. I assume they'd be contiguous in ROM and look like your average load/rpm 3D table.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

Very much so. Most of the tables are fairly obvious even in hex.

How many tables are there? I assume it's a Z80 or something because Germans love those, so you should be able to also chuck it through a disassembler and see what parts of it seem like an actual program and not line noise. Unfortunately a Z80 is not a fixed-length instruction set :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Ouch :( Those lifters aren't getting any easier to find either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I thought the Audi diesel I5s had weird rare rockers for some reason. Never mind then, I'm glad it's not a super difficult quest.