Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
I like that the I5 fuel distributor is just the 6 cylinder one with one position not tapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Stripped some parts off the 3B for the 3BAAN build

... funny question. Is there a different water manifold that can go there, and would it be possible to make like, a no-go box (like, "this is a hard limit don't put manifold here")? I've had the urge for years to do a GTO-style twin plenum manifold for the 20V I5, and I'm kind of looking for things to try casting that would be actual parts.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Now, by No-Go box, you mean an area to avoid putting the coolant flange?

Ah, the AAN manifold looks more suited in some ways.

What I mean is... like, a hypothetical box that could contain an intake manifold without hitting anything important - hood, radiator, brake booster, stuff like that. Someone on grabcad actually did a model of the flange side, but it's not too useful to make a manifold that doesn't fit in the car, you know?

This is at least partially a... stretching my reach to improve my ability to design and make stuff, if you get what I mean, I appreciate your indulgence.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Hmmm. Well, I'll try something, if it doesn't fit it'll at least look cool.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

https://www.facebook.com/STAVTECH/photos/a.634275246749001.1073741828.630429603800232/893511780825345/?type=3&theater Saw this and thought of you. Er, I think that link works...