Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
A few months ago, our fat gently caress piss president signed a bill to strip federal money coming into Planned Parenthood.

quote:

Services related to contraception, sexually transmitted infections, fertility, pregnancy care, and breast and cervical cancer screening from qualified health providers — regardless of whether they also performed abortions.

This has nothing to do with pro-choice stances despite it being a conservative's weird pet issue because they're smoothbrained closet fascists with a parental complex for Papa Reagan and Papa Trump and can't channel their major malfunction into something positive and constructive such as letting Planned Parenthood provide services to a mother who is bringing a child into this life!

:airquote: The Health of the Mother :airquote:

As current C-SPAM president at this time of writing, I promised to make this thread as part of my platform even if you were largely a single issue voter. I'm making this thread on this 7th June day as a celebration of life. I will keep the tally too!

We will celebrate new lives, and old ones. Today is also Mike Pence's birthday, another life to celebrate! :toot:

https://twitter.com/PPact/status/872522903807565828

I have celebrated with a donation just now IN HIS NAME and I hope you will too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2F_wEnLPZ4

I am also designating this space below for Orb gangtags and Avalanche Gangtags as per C-SPAM tradition should you find inspiration in this endeavor. Namaste~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

wait is it already defunded or did they just rollback a regulation that would have prevented them from defunding it in the future

PP is good people either way I'll throw something at em later

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Fullhouse posted:

wait is it already defunded or did they just rollback a regulation that would have prevented them from defunding it in the future

PP is good people either way I'll throw something at em later

quote:

They did so by blocking clinics from receiving Title X money — named for the 1970 law that created the federal family planning program — as well as Medicaid reimbursements.

State courts have ruled against such restrictions for Medicaid reimbursements, but since Title X money is distributed through grants to states, they have the power to set criteria for recipients.

and to elaborate on Title X

quote:

Title X is legally designed to prioritize the needs of low-income families or uninsured people (including those who are not eligible for Medicaid) who might not otherwise have access to these health care services. These services are provided to low-income and uninsured individuals at reduced or no cost.[1] Its overall purpose is to promote positive birth outcomes and healthy families by allowing individuals to decide the number and spacing of their children.

It's a "reallocation" they'll insist, aka defund~

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
abortions for some, boob feels for all

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

happy birthday mike pence go gently caress yourself :horse: :pray: :wtc:

($25)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I though pp defunding measures qualify as bills of attainder, regardless of if they're specifically mentioned or not. Or does that not matter because lol Gorsuck

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

I though pp defunding measures qualify as bills of attainder, regardless of if they're specifically mentioned or not. Or does that not matter because lol Gorsuck

the answer is merely excluding a group from receiving government funds can never qualify as an attack on the group, because mah tax dollars etc.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Will they mail me stuff for eternity like the time I donated to MSF?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I'll match the next $1,000 people donate

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

each of the like 5-8 or so different groups ive sent money to (either pol related or health/charity) have always done so...nature of the beast

it would be kinda kool if PP enclosed like a free condom or something tho...

Lemming posted:

:sg:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My younger sister and I both donated to PP when the bill got signed, but her billing address is still our parents' place so a few days later my mom awkwardly called her saying "Hey, we got some mail addressed to you...from planned parenthood....anything going on I need to know about?"

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Just tossed em $50, PP is great and small government conservatives heavily regulating market-dictated small businesses is terrible and also lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

lol if u don't just fill in bullshit to dodge the mail

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Late to the party

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Lemming posted:

I'll match $500 let's gooooo

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
According to the CDC, Planned Parenthood performs around 10,000 late term abortions ( > 21 Weeks) each year.

Support for Planned Parenthood is support for murder.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AARO posted:

According to the CDC, Planned Parenthood performs around 10,000 late term abortions ( > 21 Weeks) each year.

yeah I pay taxes so what

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
tally so far is $205!

thats awesome, thank you so much for your donations so that mothers can get good prenatal healthcare available when possible

namaste

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
no CSS until $5k+ pls :hai:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im waiting until payday to donate but im def gonna take a shot at an orb tag

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Al! posted:

im waiting until payday to donate but im def gonna take a shot at an orb tag

Dooo itt

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

AARO posted:

good

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Here's a photo of a 20 week old fetus I got from webmd. You're donating to an organization that kills kids at this age and older.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hey and it's legal and safe and reduces government interference in the lives of women, sounds pretty good to me tbh

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

AARO posted:

Here's a photo of a 20 week old fetus I got from webmd. You're donating to an organization that kills kids at this age and older.

This is an authorized donation thread, not a standard one where substantive* debate and arguments are expected. Since you have such clearly defined moral opposition to Planned Parenthood and totally aren't either trolling or motivated by a patronizing desire to enlighten them flighty broads who don't know what abortion really entails, might I suggest you find a more appropriate place to post?

*by CSPAM standards.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AARO posted:

h*ll yeah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AARO posted:

But that image you quoted clearly says you made the donation :thunk:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

tally so far is $205!

thats awesome, thank you so much for your donations so that mothers can get good prenatal healthcare available when possible

namaste

lemme know when we hit the next $295

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Menstrual Show posted:

lemme know when we hit the next $295

Hey I got paid by my pleb jobs :v:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

match me baby

i'd also like to propose the following gangtag:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
tally is 500 now! that is amazing

thank you so much for your donations, you guys are

owns

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

The Meat Dimension posted:

Hey I got paid by my pleb jobs :v:

destiny bro :hfive:

Al! posted:

match me baby

i'd also like to propose the following gangtag:

:bigtran:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

AARO posted:

abort your posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

we had 3 different donation therads stickied and too many stickies so i unstickied this and created an omnibus donation thread

• Locked thread