Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I recently found a parking lot about two miles away from my work that costs about half as much to park at. In my gadget-needing brain, this means that I'm in the market for some kind of electric mobility device - like a Segway miniPRO, an electric scooter, or a folding electric bike. What about those electric unicycles? I weigh about 200lbs and, while I guess I *could* involve a bicycle somehow, I've always wanted to try one of these things anyways. Luckily, I'm married so the birth control aspect of using these things doesn't matter much to me.

Anyone got experience with these battery powered nerdmobiles? I'd like to spend less than $500.

call to action fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guni
Mar 11, 2010
Buy a good pair of shoes

BattleMoose
Jun 16, 2010
Its a fair distance but certainly walkable. If its the only exercise you will be getting it will do wonders for your overall health. I have no idea about how much parking costs but ubering might even be an option.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Nah, it's not the only exercise I get, but I get it. It's not far!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Get rollerblades.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

call to action posted:

I recently found a parking lot about two miles away from my work that costs about half as much to park at. In my gadget-needing brain, this means that I'm in the market for some kind of electric mobility device - like a Segway miniPRO, an electric scooter, or a folding electric bike. What about those electric unicycles? I weigh about 200lbs and, while I guess I *could* involve a bicycle somehow, I've always wanted to try one of these things anyways. Luckily, I'm married so the birth control aspect of using these things doesn't matter much to me.

Anyone got experience with these battery powered nerdmobiles? I'd like to spend less than $500.

so youre going to save 500 dollars in x many months of parking two miles away before the company that owns the lot gets wind and raises the price

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

call to action posted:

I'd give it until the first time you have to travel 2 miles in heavy rain for you to give up on this project. Most employers tend to not appreciate you turning up sopping wet. Most of the options you describe aren't renowned for their ability to keep the rain off. If you're adamant, I would say invest in a decent lightweight coat.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Soylent Yellow posted:

I'd give it until the first time you have to travel 2 miles in heavy rain for you to give up on this project. Most employers tend to not appreciate you turning up sopping wet. Most of the options you describe aren't renowned for their ability to keep the rain off. If you're adamant, I would say invest in a decent lightweight coat.

buy a pair of shoes and an umbrella

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

buy a pair of shoes and an umbrella

you can save even more money if you steal them.

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

I think that you should find the closest place that you can park for free and bike from there.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

A regular folding bike would be cheaper, provide exercise, and not have it's battery die at the most inconvenient time possible.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
Two miles is gently caress‐all on a bike.

For such a short distance, it’s way less of a hassle to get pedaling than to deal with something powered.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Also you do not require any special clothes for riding a bike.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Get one of those scooters you have to wiggle your hips to move and :yosbutt: your way to victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
use uber op

• Locked thread