Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ71Wz90zt4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
oh my god !!!!! this looks great . so soon, too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hell yeah

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Switch version???? :pray:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

And it's a big map like VVVVV instead of separate levels (or, for my fellow gamers who were molested, Jet Set Willy)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

goferchan posted:

And it's a big map like VVVVV instead of separate levels (or, for my fellow gamers who were molested, Jet Set Willy)

Oh gently caress yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

People announcing games like 2 weeks before they release should be the norm. This is awesome

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goddamn

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I love that he's working on 3 different games and when he finally releases one its some other fourth game instead.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh gently caress yeah

I'm on my phone now but there's a blog post on his site talking about it. He says it has 600 levels spread across 10 worlds and it's the biggest game he's ever made... also says he wants to put it on Switch & other consoles at some point. What a nice surprise announcing it so close to release, wow

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

I love that he's working on 3 different games and when he finally releases one its some other fourth game instead.

lol yeah. I followed those weekly Mewgenics updates for months, it's a bummer it got shelved because it looked so weird and cool, but it sounds like he has plans to revisit it eventually

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

goferchan posted:

I'm on my phone now but there's a blog post on his site talking about it. He says it has 600 levels spread across 10 worlds and it's the biggest game he's ever made... also says he wants to put it on Switch & other consoles at some point. What a nice surprise announcing it so close to release, wow

holy- :stare:

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
the PC is voiced by rich evans

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
what happened to the other Team Meat dude?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
nice. i hope nicalis has nothing to do with it. they really messed isaac up on ps4

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

goferchan posted:

oh my god !!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6gxMiK-7AM

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this is loving EPIC!!!! poo poo

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i am going to get this on: PC, PS4, Switch, 3DS, Vita and Game Boy Advance

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This looks sick as hell

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

lol yeah. I followed those weekly Mewgenics updates for months, it's a bummer it got shelved because it looked so weird and cool, but it sounds like he has plans to revisit it eventually

i'm holding out for the legend of bum-bo myself. this looks cool though

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

i hate the first part of the trailer but can't be even remotely upset because a meatboy spiritual sequel by mcmillen with a giant interconnected world is coming out in a month

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Awesome.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I wish I didnt really suck at these kinds of games so I could justify buying it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Control Volume posted:

I wish I didnt really suck at these kinds of games so I could justify buying it

that's a weird way to think

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

It took me almost 100 tries to beat the first boss of super meat boy and then I went into a negative level and started crying a little bit

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm bad at them too but that's never stopped me from trying. I got to the last world in meat boy but never beat it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
gamers always persevere

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Control Volume posted:

It took me almost 100 tries to beat the first boss of super meat boy and then I went into a negative level and started crying a little bit

ah, i beat that boss with no trouble, its good to be a powerful gamer. anyway farewell and good luck

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to think VVVVV was too powerful for me until I sat down and played it for 4 hours straight. Gamers must have faith

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm bad at them too but that's never stopped me from trying. I got to the last world in meat boy but never beat it.

u mean bandage girls world? that's where i had to stop too, and the negative bandage girl levels were even more insane . even then, knowing my limits , i got hours and hours of fun from it ... agreed that it's still a great experience even if u can't 100% it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I 100% VVVVVV and only spent maybe an hour on the hardest part of the game, but then I played super meat boy and gave up after spending 4 hours on two consecutive levels in hell. a poignant moment when I realized I was not a powerful gaming god, but merely a man

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Meat Boy 106% is achievable, it just takes some time.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Control Volume posted:

I 100% VVVVVV and only spent maybe an hour on the hardest part of the game, but then I played super meat boy and gave up after spending 4 hours on two consecutive levels in hell. a poignant moment when I realized I was not a powerful gaming god, but merely a man

I hate the trinket where u have to Fall Update and down 4 screens of Spikes. That was when i gave up on collecting them.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

discount cathouse posted:

I hate the trinket where u have to Fall Update and down 4 screens of Spikes. That was when i gave up on collecting them.

Veni Vidi Vici is an all time memorable Gamer's Trial to me up there with stuff like Ornstein & Smough

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

vvvvvv has achievements on pc now and it didnt when i played it, looks like its time to 100% it yet again

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

rediscover posted:

gamers always persevere

:hai:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

vvvvvv is insanely ugly and i h8 it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

vvvvvv is insanely ugly and i h8 it

you hate everything except sexy babes

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

elf help book posted:

you hate everything except sexy babes

thats okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

Veni Vidi Vici is an all time memorable Gamer's Trial to me up there with stuff like Ornstein & Smough

I felt like Hercules when I got that one on the cellphone port

• Locked thread