Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I have no idea why it's not coming out until 2018 and why they bough ads for sgdq and if Edmund is even working on the game anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

jesus that guys sucks at meat boy!!!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

jesus that guys sucks at meat boy!!!

I could only watch 45 seconds of that vid because the person playing sucked so bad

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
nicalis .... i really dont wanna spend my money on them

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

nicalis .... i really dont wanna spend my money on them
You could pirate it and then buy another copy of meat boy...that's ethical.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The Ethical Gamer.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The end is nigh is nigh

(comes out tomorrow at noon)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
poo poo im completely out of steam funds

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The brave imps who buy this, tell me how good it is :negayive:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I bought and refunded the new Fire Pro Wrestling game so idk if I should get this or Dead Cells with my steam dollars.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fadam posted:

I bought and refunded the new Fire Pro Wrestling game so idk if I should get this or Dead Cells with my steam dollars.

Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, metroidvania action-platformer. You'll explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle... assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers in 2D souls-lite combat. No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is out on Steam now, it's a couple bucks off for the next 20 minutes or so

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Ill wait for the ps4 version which should be out within the next 10 years and at no more than twice the price of the pc version

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Please tell me all about new meat boy I love meat boy but I'm at work.

Pretty surprised there's like, no press for this poo poo, meat boy is the best platform game ever!!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's pretty good so far, it's a very different platformer than super meat boy, no sprint, no sliding, and only designated wall jump spots. The levels themselves are pretty easy, but the there's a heavy emphasis on grabbing the one collectible per screen and grabbing it and finishing the stage is often the difficult part, along with finding the pretty well hidden secret areas that have more difficult platforming. The soundtrack is very interesting too, it's all classical music re-orchestrated strangely, I like it alot but it's certainly different.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

the levels are all continuous, there's no stage select and they just go from screen to screen. There's 10 areas and each one has about 20 levels. It's a little annoying in that, if you're on level 19 of the first area, and you complete the level without grabbing the collectible, there might not always be a way to backtrack immediately if you want to try to puzzle out how to get it. Meaning that you'll have to warp back to level 1 and go through levels 1-18 in order to try again if you go past the point of no return. It's not too big an issue as most levels are traversal both ways and simply blazing through the levels is, once again easy, but it's happened to me a couple of times simply because of the nature of the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!
Is there going to be a switch version

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

Is there going to be a switch version

They did make the switch announcement, but, it was only very recently so it'll probably be like, holiday season, and also it'll be more expensive, and also nicalis is handling all the console port editions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!

Plebian Parasite posted:

They did make the switch announcement, but, it was only very recently so it'll probably be like, holiday season, and also it'll be more expensive, and also nicalis is handling all the console port editions.

Win.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Please tell me all about new meat boy I love meat boy but I'm at work.

Pretty surprised there's like, no press for this poo poo, meat boy is the best platform game ever!!

meat boy is not the best platform game ever, and in fact it is objectively worse than the game that inspired it [N], and dustforce is much better as a game that takes inspiration from n

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i' m going to wait for some reviews because i'm pretty sure edmund make good games on accident and doesn't know what he's doing most of the time

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Give me the Meat Boy and free my soul I wanna get lost in ya rock and roll

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

meat boy is not the best platform game ever, and in fact it is objectively worse than the game that inspired it [N], and dustforce is much better as a game that takes inspiration from n

Dustforce is awesome and that's a fine opinion but...no way on N.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dustforce is awesome and that's a fine opinion but...no way on N.

i guess vanilla n isn't...but n+[n++] are :twisted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

don't get me wrong...i like meat boy...i dunno about edmund tho every update to isaac points to him being sort of an idiot and making good games on accident

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

don't get me wrong...i like meat boy...i dunno about edmund tho every update to isaac points to him being sort of an idiot and making good games on accident

lol yeah I agree, isaac is fun and I played a lot but I don't think it's very well designed or anything, it seems fun by accident for sure

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
N++ is the sickest loving game as is dustforce but i loke super meat boy a whole ton theyre all good games bit some isaac additions were so bad that it gives lyles accidentally good gamecomment a lot of weight
Im still interested but im not sure aboit the ibterconnected stages

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Edit: gently caress. BEaten. :negative: :saddowns: :frogsad:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

N++ is the sickest loving game as is dustforce but i loke super meat boy a whole ton theyre all good games bit some isaac additions were so bad that it gives lyles accidentally good gamecomment a lot of weight

i hope its good, but i'll wait for a sale or scope out some footage from a screaming streamer like pewdiepie before i drop 15 dollars on an edmund mcmillan game. still angry about that 6 dollars i spent on after birth +. thats 3/4 of a six pack of lagunitas lil something

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I spebt 2 years pacing back and forth before fibally buying REmake this sale for 10 bucks and today they pyt it in a humblr bundle. I understand. Good luck goon

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

ArfJason posted:

Maybe it's my own fault that I don't appreciate N++ as much - the levels are fun but the presentation being "just a grid of 2000 levels, have at em kid" leaves me burned out quick. Dustforce and meat boy aren't that far from that but it's hard to imagine like, harmony of design across 2000 levels. A dustforce level feels like a hand-crafted dust-cleaning small universe while an N level feels like the output of a 100 chinese prisoners being whipped if they don't make platformer levels fast enough.

Someone make me a highlight reel of the most epic N++ levels or something, do the work for me ty ty!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This game is cool so far, it's not as difficult as Meat Boy but I only tried some of the first chapter

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Good so far - played a few chapters. Definitely some hard stuff in there!!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Eh, it's not nearly as good as Super Meat Boy. I still plan on beating it though.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I got to an SMB3 style airship level where you have to bounce off of cannonballs and avoid bullets which was cool.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I'm glad I could get it at the "already has isaac" discount price of 13 dollars. Pretty fun game, coming from a noob who has never experienced Meat Boy. Lack of a run button seems weird but there is a "fast wall jump" instead I guess.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I'm glad there's no run button because frankly I held it down 99.9% of the time anyway and I'd rather they just design the levels around one speed instead of making a tiny proportion of the levels benefit from changing speeds. Even then, the only times I didn't use run, I didn't use it at all for the whole level. They could just make "slow motion" levels. I'm sure there's some crazy speedrun tricks involving switching between running and not running but I don't use them.

Though, the first time through, I beat all of world 1, light and dark, and all of world 2 light (some dark) before I figured out there was a run button.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I'm glad there's no run button because frankly I held it down 99.9% of the time anyway and I'd rather they just design the levels around one speed instead of making a tiny proportion of the levels benefit from changing speeds. Even then, the only times I didn't use run, I didn't use it at all for the whole level. They could just make "slow motion" levels. I'm sure there's some crazy speedrun tricks involving switching between running and not running but I don't use them.

Though, the first time through, I beat all of world 1, light and dark, and all of world 2 light (some dark) before I figured out there was a run button.

Lol yeah I was literally holding down X for the entirety of world 1 before I realized I didn't need to

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrrUa7p1LSQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I just now bought the entire OST and am listening to it on repeat

• Locked thread