Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I love that he's working on 3 different games and when he finally releases one its some other fourth game instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The end is nigh is nigh

(comes out tomorrow at noon)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's pretty good so far, it's a very different platformer than super meat boy, no sprint, no sliding, and only designated wall jump spots. The levels themselves are pretty easy, but the there's a heavy emphasis on grabbing the one collectible per screen and grabbing it and finishing the stage is often the difficult part, along with finding the pretty well hidden secret areas that have more difficult platforming. The soundtrack is very interesting too, it's all classical music re-orchestrated strangely, I like it alot but it's certainly different.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

the levels are all continuous, there's no stage select and they just go from screen to screen. There's 10 areas and each one has about 20 levels. It's a little annoying in that, if you're on level 19 of the first area, and you complete the level without grabbing the collectible, there might not always be a way to backtrack immediately if you want to try to puzzle out how to get it. Meaning that you'll have to warp back to level 1 and go through levels 1-18 in order to try again if you go past the point of no return. It's not too big an issue as most levels are traversal both ways and simply blazing through the levels is, once again easy, but it's happened to me a couple of times simply because of the nature of the game.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

Is there going to be a switch version

They did make the switch announcement, but, it was only very recently so it'll probably be like, holiday season, and also it'll be more expensive, and also nicalis is handling all the console port editions.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Eh, it's not nearly as good as Super Meat Boy. I still plan on beating it though.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I got to an SMB3 style airship level where you have to bounce off of cannonballs and avoid bullets which was cool.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrrUa7p1LSQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Alright, that's pretty clever. The second set of worlds has a lives system, and the number of lives you get is equal to the number of collectibles you collect from the first set, meaning you can't just rush through the game unless you're an absolute pro.

• Locked thread