Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I'm glad I could get it at the "already has isaac" discount price of 13 dollars. Pretty fun game, coming from a noob who has never experienced Meat Boy. Lack of a run button seems weird but there is a "fast wall jump" instead I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm glad there's no run button because frankly I held it down 99.9% of the time anyway and I'd rather they just design the levels around one speed instead of making a tiny proportion of the levels benefit from changing speeds. Even then, the only times I didn't use run, I didn't use it at all for the whole level. They could just make "slow motion" levels. I'm sure there's some crazy speedrun tricks involving switching between running and not running but I don't use them.

Though, the first time through, I beat all of world 1, light and dark, and all of world 2 light (some dark) before I figured out there was a run button.

Lol yeah I was literally holding down X for the entirety of world 1 before I realized I didn't need to

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I just now bought the entire OST and am listening to it on repeat

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

elf help book posted:

speedrun routing for this will be so good

The speedrunning community for this game is already like 50 strong

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

I just got to the real Future and this poo poo's nuts. TWO carts in one level!
I found what appears to be Isaac... deepest loving lore

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

elf help book posted:

this game rules

It's extremely unfair how all hype for this game just died after release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

That blight cartridge secret is brutal. I didn't get that key or the last exit but I got the cartridge.

Lol I totally forgot you can just quit the secret and the cart will stay saved. I went all the way with that one

• Locked thread