Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Holy poo poo, game of the year incoming!!

Also this is the best dpad and what I played meat boy on:

Maybe I should bang my head against the last few bandages/minus world levels again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

jesus that guys sucks at meat boy!!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

nicalis .... i really dont wanna spend my money on them
You could pirate it and then buy another copy of meat boy...that's ethical.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Please tell me all about new meat boy I love meat boy but I'm at work.

Pretty surprised there's like, no press for this poo poo, meat boy is the best platform game ever!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

meat boy is not the best platform game ever, and in fact it is objectively worse than the game that inspired it [N], and dustforce is much better as a game that takes inspiration from n

Dustforce is awesome and that's a fine opinion but...no way on N.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

don't get me wrong...i like meat boy...i dunno about edmund tho every update to isaac points to him being sort of an idiot and making good games on accident

lol yeah I agree, isaac is fun and I played a lot but I don't think it's very well designed or anything, it seems fun by accident for sure

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

ArfJason posted:

N++ is the sickest loving game as is dustforce but i loke super meat boy a whole ton theyre all good games bit some isaac additions were so bad that it gives lyles accidentally good gamecomment a lot of weight
Im still interested but im not sure aboit the ibterconnected stages

Maybe it's my own fault that I don't appreciate N++ as much - the levels are fun but the presentation being "just a grid of 2000 levels, have at em kid" leaves me burned out quick. Dustforce and meat boy aren't that far from that but it's hard to imagine like, harmony of design across 2000 levels. A dustforce level feels like a hand-crafted dust-cleaning small universe while an N level feels like the output of a 100 chinese prisoners being whipped if they don't make platformer levels fast enough.

Someone make me a highlight reel of the most epic N++ levels or something, do the work for me ty ty!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Good so far - played a few chapters. Definitely some hard stuff in there!!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I'm glad there's no run button because frankly I held it down 99.9% of the time anyway and I'd rather they just design the levels around one speed instead of making a tiny proportion of the levels benefit from changing speeds. Even then, the only times I didn't use run, I didn't use it at all for the whole level. They could just make "slow motion" levels. I'm sure there's some crazy speedrun tricks involving switching between running and not running but I don't use them.

Though, the first time through, I beat all of world 1, light and dark, and all of world 2 light (some dark) before I figured out there was a run button.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

That blight cartridge secret is brutal. I didn't get that key or the last exit but I got the cartridge.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

that ivy guy posted:

Lol I totally forgot you can just quit the secret and the cart will stay saved. I went all the way with that one
I am actually worried that I'm missing a percentage point or something for it - I just lost all my lives trying after trying to go backwards for the key a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It feels better than meat boy to me, or at least more consistent. I loved meat boy but it had a few elements that were extremely unpleasant. Nothing in this game is nearly as bad as those repel circles in meat boy and that is nearly enough for me.

I don't miss going back as much as I thought I would though it would have been cool to make a point of having every level traversable both ways.

• Locked thread