Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I haven't looked at any of the pictures, but three weeks with onset of festering is a bit late for DIY surgery. I have used a sterile scalpel blade and disinfectant to expose a splinter I couldn't reach with tweezers before, but don't take that as a recommendation to do that to your face. Those were just shallow bits of thorn in my hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Now that I've seen the pics, yeah, see a doctor and suck up the cost. As large as that first piece was, and with three weeks of festering and semi-healing, there's no way you can be sure to get everything that's still there. Any DIY stuff will just give you an ugly scar and no guarantee of success.

• Locked thread