Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

etalian posted:

Here's the link to Season 3 on Amazon for people who don't have a SyFy Subscription
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072K9Z6PR/ref=pe_385040_118058080_TE_M1DP

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Double episode premier tomorrow night.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

It's not really a global premiere if it's on different days/months, is it? :crossarms:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episodes

Being Better Is So Much Harder; It Doesn't Have to Be Like This

In the Season 3 premiere, the scattered survivors of EOS-7 battle to regroup amidst the backdrop of corporate war. Ryo Ishida, now emperor of Zairon, makes an enemy of his former allies, while the past comes back to haunt the crew of the Raza.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm glad Nyx is dead. I really didn't like that character last season.

Also really lol-ing at the fact that they didn't realize it was a clone before shooting Ryo.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I want some of that Android casserole.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

I'm glad Nyx is dead. I really didn't like that character last season.

Also really lol-ing at the fact that they didn't realize it was a clone before shooting Ryo.

:rip: Poochie Nyx

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

GreenNight posted:

I want some of that Android casserole.

The secret ingredient is basil

And love

But mostly basil

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, uh, how did a memory of the guy have more information than she did?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

muscles like this! posted:

So, uh, how did a memory of the guy have more information than she did?

I think that it was a memory which had been locked away when her memories were sealed, she didn't remember it until this episode. It was a real memory of him telling her something, but it got sealed away mid-recital when the android did the procedure thing.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Man the title sequence to this show is a special kind of lovely it always makes me smile

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Uhh next weeks preview reminds me of a certain Stargate episode. Makes sense since the same guy wrote em both.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder if Nyx's actress was busy or if there was a reason they killed her off. Her char was kinda poorly developed but her dying was just pointless. I don't think anyone was even invested enough to care.

Ryo owns and so does Space Imperial :japan:. I hope he survives the series and ends up winning somehow but he probably gonna die

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wonder if Nyx's actress was busy or if there was a reason they killed her off. Her char was kinda poorly developed but her dying was just pointless. I don't think anyone was even invested enough to care.

Ryo owns and so does Space Imperial :japan:. I hope he survives the series and ends up winning somehow but he probably gonna die

noble space japan is amazing

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought at first that they were kind of just writing her off because she wasn't available or something like that but then she showed up in that vision so I guess they decided to just get rid of her.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Her sole purpose was to die so she could put a wedge between Ryo and Knives.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This show is still around?
I thought it was canceled after the first season. Was season 2 interesting in some way?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

This show is still around?
I thought it was canceled after the first season. Was season 2 interesting in some way?

It killed off the worst character and had some actually engaging episodse. It was kind of like a proto Legends of Tomorrow season 2.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe I need to skim through the last episode of last season because I was totally lost at the beginning.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe I need to skim through the last episode of last season because I was totally lost at the beginning.

4 Gets away with his space 9/11 and becomes the rear end in a top hat space Nippon emperor.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

etalian posted:

4 Gets away with his space 9/11 and becomes the rear end in a top hat space Nippon emperor.

6 did Space 9/11. That was more like Space Defenestrations of Prague

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
This would've paired beautifully with Hercules & Xena or Andromeda back in the day. I'd watch ten mediocre seasons of this and like it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Per Joe's blog

quote:

ALSO – last night, Syfy aired a promo for next week’s episode…but it was actually a promo for Episode 304 (“All The Time In The World”) rather than Episode 303 (“Welcome To The Revolution”).

Bunch of morons.

Also internationally there is an after show After Dark. US viewers can watch it on Syfy.com. Canadian viewers? Can't watch it anywhere.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Three & Android are still the best characters

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
yup

three has the best lines and we so need a gif of the android popping out of a box with a pair of machineguns. :D

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
One thing I am consistently surprised about is how fast they move the plot along. It must make it super hard for people to jump into, but most shows would have kept their real identities secret for like 1.5 seasons and revealed them one at a time. This show did it like in 2 episodes. When Nix was killed usually a show would play that misunderstanding up for like 6 episodes, but nope Ryo finds out literally as soon as was possible in the story. For all of its kind of doofyness, the show has done that part really well.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Killing off Nyx was a little weird last season, but I don't think anything can top how they handled the addict doctor who joined at the same time. Still have no clue what the point was there.

Also I swear, they're dressing Five in those hideous couch-pattern shirts just to bug me at this point. :argh:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

It killed off the worst character and had some actually engaging episodse. It was kind of like a proto Legends of Tomorrow season 2.

I think season 2 is up on both Amazon Prime and Netflix.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Generic American posted:

Killing off Nyx was a little weird last season, but I don't think anything can top how they handled the addict doctor who joined at the same time. Still have no clue what the point was there.

I think he was there just to set up the threat of the Pre-Cog jerks. Also, to make people feel bad cause he did gently caress off to do more drugs, but his last act was a noble one and he died for it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

While it hasn't yet been picked up for Season 4, the S4 writers room starts up tomorrow. Per Joe:

quote:

Dark Matter season 4 writers’ room tomorrow. I’ve written up and distributed by plans for DM YR4 including seasonal and character arcs, story springboards, and a many of the beats I want to hit for the opening two-parter…that will be even bigger than season 3’s opener, if you can believe it. Joining me in the writers’ room this year will be series co-creator Paul Mullie, Co-Exec Producer Ivon Bartok, Co-Producer Alison Hepburn, and – making his Dark Matter debut – Stargate veteran Carl Binder.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Here's the link to Season 3 on Amazon for people who don't have a SyFy Subscription
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072K9Z6PR/ref=pe_385040_118058080_TE_M1DP

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Added to the OP. You can also use the Syfy app on Roku, etc.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If only Smug Shitlord Wesley Crusher was still on this show, he could have solved the problem of the static warp shell of nothingness.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Generic American posted:

Also I swear, they're dressing Five in those hideous couch-pattern shirts just to bug me at this point. :argh:

The general theory I've seen is that the actress has rather large assets, which doesn't fit with the teenage runaway character so they're dressing her to hide it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Norwegian Rudo posted:

The general theory I've seen is that the actress has rather large assets, which doesn't fit with the teenage runaway character so they're dressing her to hide it.

Not so much of a theory as a stated fact. It's a really weird decision.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Norwegian Rudo posted:

it's like in the thor movie in which they made Kat Dennings wear that purple sweater in the entire film.

etalian fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 12, 2017

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Generic American posted:

I thought Nyx would go away and be an occasional friendly rival, which I would have hated. Glad they killed her.

Is it me, or is the Android more -- killer roboty this season?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

wormil posted:

I thought Nyx would go away and be an occasional friendly rival, which I would have hated. Glad they killed her.

Is it me, or is the Android more -- killer roboty this season?

Android definitely seems a little colder, in a "secretly evil" kind of way. But then there's stuff like the casserole scene where she seems like her old goofy self, so I wonder if it's just an acting choice.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Murder bot programming vs I love my family programming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
it's why she fits in the crew so well.

They are a crew of killbots that care deeply for each other.

see 3 deliberately trying to walk off after 5 was told to sit to make her feel she wasn't the only one that they did it to. :p

• Locked thread