Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think that's why they need aliens, fighting corporations is boring overall and that leaves them with having to focus on the immediate cast too much and their is barely anything there. More Stargate and less Battlestar Galactica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I thought they were speaking pretty good French then I remembered they're Canadian. Makes perfect sense and they should do it more.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So is the guy who played one still a cast member? What a strange way to deal with the main character.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

They wrote him out and the show is better for it.

I agree I just figured they would pull him from alternate reality and let him have a personality. Just strange they would get rid of him when he had such a major role.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Tiggum posted:

I always feel like for a show that starts without aliens, to add aliens would be a huge disappointment and signal that the writers are desperately making poo poo up as they go along because they used up all their ideas already.

Definitely can but the faceless corporations in this show are bad villains. If they had a compelling actor to play the head of one of them it might be alright. I don't think the writers of this show have the chops to write more than one or two decent characters so aliens should be added.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's been meandering since the beginning. It definitely has its good moments but most of it is meaningless. Remember that really ominous cargo hold nobody could get into and when they did it had a frozen lady and a bunch of junk? What the gently caress? That's the easiest way to build an oh poo poo moment and they couldn't even come up with a bunch of deus ex machina to fuel future episodes. Cmon! Just copy Stargate!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

At least th fight scenes are passable so far his season, I know that isn't a high bar to clear given the first two seasons.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wish the guy who plays Ryo wouldn't speak. The girl samurai has a more threatening presence than he does.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He probably has a cabin out there by now.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's probably their best option at this point, the whole corporate garbage is the worst part of the show.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They've been dressing her as more of an adult than a homeless teenager so that probably helps.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I do kinda wonder how many seasons this show will get. Taking three seasons to get its footing is crazy.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There is no way they had a full 5 seasons worth of story.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That sure is something someone would call a plan. My favorite part is the two random words that vaguely match some episodes.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don't think the setting or characters would propel it into cult status.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Too bad they couldn't be this good a season ago, it'd probably be a lot more popular.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Never mind

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The show runner says he has had 5 seasons planned out from the beginning. I think you now have enough information to decide if he is full of poo poo.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Strange, guess even SYFY didn't believe they had a five year plan.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It kinda sucks cause it was finally starting to get good but really ill probably forget about the show within a month.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Oh don't worry they'll show up in the next sci-fi show. It's Canada's greatest export.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think they should since the show probably doesn't cost them much to make.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Hell I thought it was bulletproof. Syfy doesn't really have that much going on.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I would generally side with the creators but this show took 3 seasons to get its feet. That's a little much to ask.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I'm sure fat Macgyver would have saved Dark Matter.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I mean it's a Canadian sci-fi show so they already had most of the actors from the other dead shows already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m just going to assume he had no real idea where the story was going for a couple of seasons and he thought his previous success would keep it renewed cause there isn’t much else to turn to.

• Locked thread