Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

When android was "at the end of time" with 5 and she mentioned they were somewhere that the stars are few and far between I got a bit of a Stargate Universe vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Tokubetsu posted:

It's Dark Matter! Never know what you're gonna get!

Seriously though, the way almost every ep of this show starts I always feel lost or like I didn't see the previous ep.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have no idea who the two new people are or how/when they got on the ship.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Its crazy how good this show gets when Android switches into human mode

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I think their worldbuilding just sucks. I know there are some corporations who are at war but have no idea what they're fighting over. Then there's Space Japan where as far as I can tell their only real goal is to just continue being Space Japan. Most of the main characters aren't nearly strong enough to carry this and like you said no "oh poo poo" sort of villain.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

bull3964 posted:

They explicitly said in this episode that space Japan was not involved in the corporate war.

Then who are they fighting? They're clearly losing ships...

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Thats what's so weird about this show. I watch pretty much all the Vancouver sci fi to exist, and so do half the posters in this thread. We could have our own gang tag. God knows I love me some Roger Cross but its like nobody has any loving idea what's going on in this show. All the way from production to our eyeballs, nobody has a poo poo clue what anybody else is doing.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They are fighting Pyr, which is probably some other independent empire like Zairon. The joke of them being nebulous is that the show has never shown a single person that works for them, or their ships, or emblem or anything really. poo poo now I want Pyr to be a celestial object like an asteroid or just an uninhabited planet that is somehow winning the war.

:ssh: Also Dark Matter and Killjoys are shot in Toronto

I just consider Vancouver to represent all of Canada. God knows Vancouver has been a standin for most of the US at some point or another. Also Killjoys owns so loving hard.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Dark Matter is way better than Killjoys. Well, the bits that aren't Space Japan, anyway.

Speaking of Killjoys though, what was with that last episode being so anti-nerd? That was so weird.

I have never seen such an objectively wrong opinion in my life

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Nvm i turned it off.

Season 4 thread title

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I find it offensive that you would even put Stargate and Falling Skies in the same post. Shame on you sir. Shame.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

I know I'm expecting this important call, but this new version has the new emojis.

I totally read this in Androids voice

Boobs.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

GreenNight posted:

I think the writers just like loving with Roger Cross.

Roger Cross never survives a show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

qirex posted:

*every character from every canceled syfy show comes onto the Raza with everything for a HUGE party*

This would have been a very serious problem for Roger Cross

• Locked thread