Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I agree that the last episode was one of the best for a while, the overarching plot hasn't been the best and I wouldn't mind more "anomaly of the week" episodes. I think one of the things that makes the war so uninteresting is that the different corporations are all presented as all being equally bad, only Space Japan has any personality and it's not a very good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

One thing I don't get about Space Japan is that they all do Chinese martial arts. Are there no Karate dojos in Vancouver? The whole war makes it feel like they got a note from the network halfway through last season to make everything more "epic" with higher stakes so we end up with the infinite improbability drive and the giant war taking place entirely offscreen and the like.

I think the point where the show will officially be past itself is if they all get their memories erased again.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think Dark Matter's saving grace [as far as it getting canceled or not] is that it is probably the absolute cheapest sci fi show on tv, they use like 3 sets for everything and all their outdoor shoots are in generic woods. The thing that surprises me is I don't mind that terribly. It's not like if you were actually in space you'd be able to see much outside anyway...

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I started re-watching season 1 and I so don't miss One/Corso. It's almost like shows don't need a boring "straight man" character.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

*every character from every canceled syfy show comes onto the Raza with everything for a HUGE party*

• Locked thread