Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

muscles like this! posted:

So, uh, how did a memory of the guy have more information than she did?

I think that it was a memory which had been locked away when her memories were sealed, she didn't remember it until this episode. It was a real memory of him telling her something, but it got sealed away mid-recital when the android did the procedure thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I assume the General was the real person or they would've said / showed he was a rapid transit clone.

Which would be weird, because wasn't the General's big thing that he was super-paranoid and always used clones?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Can Of Worms posted:

The time skipping sequence at the end was really familiar, especially since Andromeda had a similar concept for an episode (which I really enjoyed) but I just realized what made it so familiar: The scene with old 5 is a rehash of a scene from 1969.

I was also a little reminded of Stargate Atlantis's "The Last Man".

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I think Two was probably undecided about whether to let Ryo live or not. But him accepting his fate and trying to make amends, and not attempting to fight back once the force field dropped... I think that probably made her side to letting him live. It was a test of his trustworthiness, and he passed. Unless there's a gunshot opening the show next week, then I'm wrong.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I was kinda expecting the rioting mob to be a fabrication of the coup attempt actually. "Yeah Ryo, there's TOTALLY a massive riot coming this way! Right outside these very doors, so don't go out there! Sucker...".

I thought that as well, but apparently there really is a rebellion. And while it's unclear the status of the Space Japan War, judging by Ryo trying to get his ships to pull back from the world about to be overrun to his homeworld, it might be that Zyron is about to lose the war as well, so he was doomed either way and it was too late to get the Blink drive.

spookygonk posted:

Why did Roger Cross space phone the android and say "We need you to engage the Blink Drive™"
and then we see apparently nothing of that?

I guess to get the ship there in time to rescue Two, maybe, before the enemy fleet showed up? Although they could have had their ship hanging out a light year away from Zyron in empty space instead.

• Locked thread