Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

wormil posted:

I was so prepared to trash this and the coming up countdowns were mildly off putting but I actually enjoyed it. Anthony Lemke weirded me out because in real life he's dweeby and nothing like 3. (I know I shouldn't be surprised that actors aren't like their characters, but come on.) The set design was awesome. As a teenager I wanted to work in make up and set design but had no idea how to do that and went down an entirely different path. I made the wrong choice.

Back to the show, I just don't know where they are going. The character development and plot are complicated beyond what one would expect from the writing in general. One is .. what? Dead, alive? Is he part of the show? I don't know. Six is the moral center then is pushing to do small crimes then becomes rebel leader? In a way it makes sense because he's lost and is looking for purpose but ...? Two is a ruthless psychopath then touchy feely good girl. Android is just all over the place. Four and Five are both on a steady arc that makes sense. I am of two minds about it. I don't know if it's brilliant (probably not) or lost and searching.

It's Canadian. Self explanatory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So for that last episode, I swear during the part where they're leaving earth, they play a song that's incredibly close to Leaving Earth from Mass Effect 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGHA9oO1Ybg

A lot of the synth music in more recent Canadian SciFi sounds an awful lot like the music in the Mass Effect series. I'm pretty sure the industry over there is really small and they wind up copying one another.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This is probably going to be one of those sci-fi shows that in 20 years becomes a cult classic and we're going to be considered idiots for not appreciating it

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
When Robert Cross's character got wiped out, the matter was closed. The End.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

GreenNight posted:

What he has going for him is that Syfy, MGM, etc don't own the show. He can bring it to any network that is willing to pick it up.

He asked Syfy if he could do a 6 episode mini series to close out the show, and they told him to get lost.

That's probably the most solid direction the show has been in since its inception.

Edit: Ok that was a bit harsh. I still think the followers of the show deserve a proper mini-series of six-eight episodes to wrap it up.

R-Type fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Let thing die, it sucked because the producer had no balls.

• Locked thread