Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hmm, per Joe's blog

quote:

Well Holy Smokes! When I composed yesterday’s blog entry and asked fans to select a former Stargate cast member to guest in Dark Matter’s fourth season, little did I realize the deluge I was in for. Between this blog, reddit, Facebook, google, and twitter, I’ve received over 1000 responses. And counting! Requests have ranged from the expected (Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks) to the pleasantly surprising (Dan Shea, Teryl Rothery) to the impossible-but-nice-try (a puddle jumper, the stargate itself!). I was so blown away by the reaction from fandom that I’ve decided to give all those gaters a little present in the form of their requested guest star. Here’s how it’ll work…

Tomorrow night, I’ll tally up all of your asks and put together a short list of 10-12 names made up of your most requested (and a few of my faves) and put it to a vote. I will do my damnedest to cast at least one of your top three choices (and maybe even a few other names) for Dark Matter’s fourth season. I say “do my damnedest” because scheduling and budgetary constraints may complicate matters (I hear that Jason Momoa has been keeping busy!), but I’ll promise you at least one or two familiar faces from the Stargate franchise will be popping up on or near The Raza in season four.

Of course, first we have to get picked up for a fourth season but fandom is strong and vocal, our numbers are on the rise (our +3’s and +7’s are strong, the show is just roughly 10% off last year’s viewership, and we’re currently the #3 show in total viewers average on SYFY for 2017 with four more episodes to go!), and I’m suddenly feeling positive. I also have the perfect episode in which to introduce them!

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2017/08/03/august-2-2017-stargate-and-dark-matter-and-apparently-farscape-fandoms-converge/

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Built, Not Born

A distress call from the Android's friend, Victor, leads to answers about Two's past.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It would have been way creepier if that scientist was a guy. "I'm gonna create an advanced human, then gently caress it".

After Dark for the latest episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9p9ZE9xego

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Ehh background noise.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

I do kinda wonder how many seasons this show will get. Taking three seasons to get its footing is crazy.

The plan by the showrunners is 5 seasons. It could go longer, but they've said the story is done at 5.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Joe has mentioned on his blog before the show even started that his plan is 5 seasons. He said the same thing about the season 4 pickup. Only two seasons left!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Per Joe concerning the 5 season plan. Little spoiler about next season.

“There is definitely a 5-year plan for the show. If season 1 was Secrets and Surprises, and season 2 was Risks and Redemption, and season 3 is Victories and Vengeances, season 4 will be Androids and Aliens. And you can’t get any more sci-fi than that. As for season 5 – which, if everything works out, should be the show’s final 13-episode installment – I have a plan to tie up all the storylines. I even have the show’s final sequence in my head.”

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah like right after it got canceled. I mean he was the show runner so he had plans for both and the cancelation was a surprise.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

The Dwarf Star Conspiracy

One of the Android's newly discovered memories leads the crew to a suspicious Dwarf Star facility on Nova 17.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Last few years this show has been renewed in July.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I only worry because Joe, on his blog, has been pushing people to watch and tweet about it. He even went so far as to give a sentence hint of each episode of next season. So we'll see.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

My Final Gift to You

Ryo takes a hostage to trade for the Blink Drive, but his former crew are not his only opponents.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

After Dark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5DELGCT0_4

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

He has charisma when he isn't being an angry shithead emperor.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode - Season Finale

Nowhere To Go

Alliances shift, secrets are revealed, and the past becomes present in this third-season-ending quest to prevent intergalactic war.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Its really weird how this show constantly seems like it is on the verge of writing 6 off.

I think the writers just like loving with Roger Cross.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

They had two blink drives, one working, one not.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Well this loving sucks. The ratings were pretty drat good.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'll just assume the aliens came in and killed everyone. The End.

I wonder if they will cancel Killjoys too?

I have a feeling they wanted to pick one of those to keep and it ended up being Killjoys.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Nope, they just got two more seasons! With a planned end at season 5.

There you go.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

What he has going for him is that Syfy, MGM, etc don't own the show. He can bring it to any network that is willing to pick it up.

He asked Syfy if he could do a 6 episode mini series to close out the show, and they told him to get lost.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Can't see how. The ratings didn't going into the toilet big time or anything. Syfy does own Killjoys outright though so they'd get any profit from streaming, dvds, etc.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

After Atlantis, Universe and now DM, it'll be a wonder if he ever wants to work with Syfy again.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

From Joe's blog:

quote:

So often, you’ll hear stories long after the fact. Like how Apple almost brought Stargate: SG-1 back for an iTunes exclusive 11th and final season. Or how Canada’s Space Channel attempted to save Stargate: Universe. But in this case, the events are fairly recent – a last ditch effort to save Dark Matter spearheaded by some old friends. An effort that, had it been successful, would have seen characters from the world of Stargate crossover into the Dark Matter universe. Or, technically and creatively, vice-versa. I kid you not.

Not long after word broke of the syfy cancellation, we had several interested parties reach out to us. One of the most intriguing of them was was MGM, my former home for 12 glorious years while I was working on the Stargate franchise. They loved the show. They were aware of the fanbase. And they recognized a great opportunity.

Over the course of a week, with the window of opportunity to save the show growing narrower, I had several long and involved conversations with Simon Graty (EVP & GM Domestic Networks at MGM Studios), Kieran Dickson (Editorial Director at MGM), and Jenny Stiven (Consultant, Digital/Social Strategy & Content, Influencer Marketing). The plan, if successful, would have seen Dark Matter’s fourth season premiere on MGM’s streaming platform, Stargate Command, alongside the upcoming Stargate: Origins series. Perhaps equally intriguing was the prospect of doing some sort of Dark Matter/Stargate crossover that would rev up the fanbase in advance of further original Stargate programming down the road.

The two things working against us were time and existing contracts, the latter which proved our undoing. BUT we came so close –

To a fourth season of Dark Matter.

To a sci-fi crossover for the ages.

Ultimately, we weren’t successful, but I want to thank MGM, and especially Simon, Jenny, and Kieran, for reaching out and trying to make it happen.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Tons of future stuff if the show wasnt canceled and SG1.

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2017/12/07/december-7-2017-last-nights-darkgate-highlights/

Would have been amazing.

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 7, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Dream wrecker :(

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

This would have been a very serious problem for Roger Cross

He could pull an Orphan Black.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Killjoys.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Oh you mean like Lost Girl? Be serious.

12 Monkey's is great if you haven't seen that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I think he was having a problem making serialized television over 13 episodes. He's used to Stargate where he had 22 episodes, and they were mostly standalone with some over arching story occasionally. Sort of what Supernatural does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

https://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2017/12/19/december-19-2017-that-dark-matter-dark-timeline-revealed/

• Locked thread