Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wonder if Nyx's actress was busy or if there was a reason they killed her off. Her char was kinda poorly developed but her dying was just pointless. I don't think anyone was even invested enough to care.

Ryo owns and so does Space Imperial :japan:. I hope he survives the series and ends up winning somehow but he probably gonna die

noble space japan is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe I need to skim through the last episode of last season because I was totally lost at the beginning.

4 Gets away with his space 9/11 and becomes the rear end in a top hat space Nippon emperor.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Three & Android are still the best characters

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

It killed off the worst character and had some actually engaging episodse. It was kind of like a proto Legends of Tomorrow season 2.

I think season 2 is up on both Amazon Prime and Netflix.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Here's the link to Season 3 on Amazon for people who don't have a SyFy Subscription
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072K9Z6PR/ref=pe_385040_118058080_TE_M1DP

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Norwegian Rudo posted:

The general theory I've seen is that the actress has rather large assets, which doesn't fit with the teenage runaway character so they're dressing her to hide it.

it's like in the thor movie in which they made Kat Dennings wear that purple sweater in the entire film.

etalian fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 12, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Android definitely seems a little colder, in a "secretly evil" kind of way. But then there's stuff like the casserole scene where she seems like her old goofy self, so I wonder if it's just an acting choice.

This was the best Android moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=662m47QM9zM

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So I guess the only point of the recent episode was Roger Cross Escapes This Show?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DarklyDreaming posted:

He's gonna Roger Cross his way around five other shows that are filmed in Vancouver then come back in three episodes or so. It's what he did last season

he has a monopoly on starring in cheesy canadian science fiction shows.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DarklyDreaming posted:

them doing a duet of Dominique is probably going to be the best thing this otherwise average show will ever produce :allears:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Three and Android are the only remotely memorable characters on the show.

The rest of the cast seems to be miserable or disinterested in being in the show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

GreenNight posted:

They all seem to be having a blast in the behind the scenes vids and pics.

It's probably because they don't seem to know how to make other characters interesting like 2 "Always angry" or 5 "deer in the headlights engineer girl".

The new cast members are pretty boring as well.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fat Lowtax posted:

I was happy to see the return of the Canadian space forest

Don't forget a Toronto Warehouse

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I think their worldbuilding just sucks. I know there are some corporations who are at war but have no idea what they're fighting over. Then there's Space Japan where as far as I can tell their only real goal is to just continue being Space Japan. Most of the main characters aren't nearly strong enough to carry this and like you said no "oh poo poo" sort of villain.

Yeah it's like the show its trying to do a space war arc but there's not interesting & developed about it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mulva posted:

Their own innate incompetence due to the intrinsic weakness of a feudal system.

Well space feudalism worked in Dune.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I just consider Vancouver to represent all of Canada. God knows Vancouver has been a standin for most of the US at some point or another. Also Killjoys owns so loving hard.

Killjoys gets points for being the first TV show in history to have a fabulous warlord.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tiggum posted:

Lexx > Farscape > Dark Matter > Stargate > Killjoys > I don't know what those other two are.

Lexx is the best because it's what Farscape would be with absolutely no filter. Dark Matter is a much weaker version of Farscape. Killjoys and Stargate are more sort of adventure stories with good guys and bad guys and less fun characters, but Stargate has more good stuff just because it ran for so much longer and its major stories were more coherent and focused (even if individual episodes were often pure monster-of-the-week stuff).

Lexx is the best because it has amazing penis showers.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Roger Cross has a small part in the new Planet of the Apes movie but it makes sense, seeing as they filmed that scene in Vancouver forest. He probably just wandered onto set one day.

He probably made his classic confused face when he did this.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dark Matter got cancelled because it doesn't have a fabulous warlord.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bring back old gbs posted:

I just started watching Killjoys starting at whatever season is airing now. I can understand why Dark Matter was cancelled instead. Killjoy's characters are characters. I don't really know where KJ's plot is going but Dark Matter has been spinning it's wheels since season 2.

It's also fun while Dark Matter got obsessed with boring plots like corporate space war we are showing offscreen and noble space japan.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Roger Cross needs an Expanse gig.

A confused Roger Cross wanders onto the Expanse set.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

holy poo poo 100% this

There are some good lines once in a while, but you don't need every single loving character spouting quips all the goddamn time. It definitely wasn't this bad in s1.

maybe each episode should have trigger warning for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Keito posted:

Are there any other good Canadian scifi shows at the moment that haven't gotten axed?

The Expanse...

• Locked thread