Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Maybe I need to skim through the last episode of last season because I was totally lost at the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This episode was really good because it dealt with a fun sciencey situation. I really don't care about Ryo anymore. He was better when he didn't have his memories. Now he's just a perpetual rear end in a top hat and it's boring.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

JossiRossi posted:

I was hoping there was going to be an actual struggle between who Ryo used to be and who he used to used to be. I think he gave one grimace over his girl dying and that was it. Hell, I appreciate them trying to turn a main character into a bad guy even. But because of how they did it you don't feel any more sympathetic with Ryo or understand why he does what he does, because the Ryo we watched in the show is dead and now it is just random space Japan Emperor baddie.

There was a talk in the iZombie thread about if people would revert to who they used to be when they got old memories. I don't think someone who lost all of their memories and got a new personality would just suddenly return to being a notjob just because they got their memories back. I don't revert to being a lovely teenager whenever I remember what a lovely teenager I was.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ryo is really annoying. He's a total idiot. He has no idea what he's doing and he's just lashing out thinking it makes him look tough. I really wish he would lose his memories again and go back to how he was earlier in the show. Despite how predictable this doubles episode was, I still kind of liked it. They did some obvious fakeouts and then some decent ones as well. The dumb corporate war took a backseat to them finding out their doubles are there, and it worked out better.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hungry for bacon flavored dehydrates?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Holy poo poo, Ryo really is a space baby. His entire plot is "what if some kid had a gi Joe and it was really cool and you wanted it real bad. but he wouldn't give it to you? That's not fair right? How come he gets it but I don't? That's why you should join me and beat up the Raza kids to take their toys."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Of course the science fiction show made between 2005-present flies directly to the area of Vancouver.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't give a poo poo about the war. I want more time loops, and pocket universes, and time travel.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Polaron posted:

One of them took over 3 at some point a season or so ago.

Do you happen to know which one? I keep thinking I'm missing episodes because they show bits like this and I don't remember it at all.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why would Android decide to do a system update during an important mission?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I know I'm expecting this important call, but this new version has the new emojis.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

JossiRossi posted:

My guess is they were twins? I can't recall if they ever called her an older or younger sister. So, when she showed up on a station where Five was wanted...

Ugh, that would be horrifying

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I like this show but I can't believe the finale of this season was entirely hinging on me remembering some random plot that was dropped in season 2. This show feels like it's written by someone who just wants to write about a bunch of characters hanging out and doing things. Every once in a while, the boss pops in and says "Hey, don't forget about that corporation war plot that I wanted. Oh yeah, and the big boss said he wants some kind of alien."

I finally found out what episode the alien stuff is from (S02E09) so I could see if I just missed something obvious that would come up later. Nope, Wesley had a big box of goop for some reason, and he exposed 3 to it for some reason, then the goop learns about the blink drive I think, and then the goop wants out, and then it goes into space and leaves. I don't remember it ever coming back up until 3 gets the heebie jeebies from that station. Maybe I'm just a stupid TV watcher, but they seriously needed to wink wink nudge nudge a little bit more than someone's eyes filling up with black to hark back to something I thought was a random B plot and had already forgotten. Maybe they should have devoted a few minutes to wondering why Wesley even had that stuff in the first place. Unless they did and it felt like another throwaway scene and I forgot it.

This show just melts my brain sometimes. I think I'm following along and I'm remembering what I think is the overall plot. Then the show is all "Nah, that wasn't the plot, the plot is that 30 second scene from three episodes ago, it's a big deal now." All the important bits we need to know are happening off screen.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Did they ever explain how the blink drive works? Since they were able to blink into a station without causing a massive air pressure spike, I would think it swaps the ship with whatever is at the destination. Would be cool if 2 set the coordinates to swap in the alien ships when getting rid of the shipyard. It's probably something stupid like "when the blink drive went off, the energy opened a rift that let the aliens in" or something.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

wormil posted:

As for the blink drive, I hope they never try to explain it. That's the worst thing you can do is try to explain fantasy tech.

I don't care for a scientific explanation, I doubt there ever could be. I'd just like a generic idea what it does .

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That really sucks, but it goes to show, get to the point. Don't spend 3 seasons meandering around before finally having some big plot revelation at the end of the third season.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe netflix will pick it up for one last season.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Syfy probably saw the Killjoys people had their poo poo figured out, and Dark Matter had their thumbs up their asses. That's what I worry about for shows like Better Call Saul. Sure, it's AMC's best drama, but it's losing viewers because it is so slow burning. They need to poo poo or get off the pot before the show is canceled and the people still watching get nothing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Joseph Mallozi is trying to save the show.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I will never underestimate the stupidity of people running networks. "Yes, this might be the most popular cable drama on television, but it's not pulling in CSI numbers, so we're cancelling it."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
When you have a history of your niche shows getting canceled, you should get the hint and realize you have limited time and get your rear end in gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A Stargate crossover? I guess it's good it was canceled then.

• Locked thread