Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

So my fiance and I are going to Austin over Columbus Day weekend to visit friends and eat lots of food. We'll be landing the morning of October 7th and leaving late afternoon on the 10th to visit family in Dallas for a day before leaving for good on the 11th. Also one of her friends lives in San Antonio, so we will be spending a day there as well.

I know nothing about Austin, and have never been to Texas. Based on our itinerary we will have 3 full days in Austin. One half day in San Antonio, and one full day in Dallas. The Dallas visit is mostly to see her family though, so I'm not worried about that.

I have looked at what is going on that weekend and so far I have found the follow to do:

1) One night at the Austin City Limits music festival. We would go Saturday, the day we land. But this is up in the air as it depends what bands are playing that day and how much tickets are.

2) Hamilton Pool Preserve

3) LBJ Library

4) Zilker Botanical Garden

Any other tips for sights to see? We also really need help with food. In particular BBQ (its Texas so of course) and I heard that Austin has a pretty good Ramen scene. Also any cool places to catch an indie show for music would be nice. If it helps, I already booked a studio apartment from Homeaway located right in Hyde Park.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread