Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pryce
May 21, 2011
Food:

Torchy's Tacos
Taco Deli (gotta compare the two!)
BBQ (literally any one you find will be better than what you have at home, don't stress out too much about the options. Black's, Salt Lick, Stubbs, all totally fine)
Homeslice Pizza
If you live in a part of the country that doesn't have In N' Out... we have them. Feel free to partake.
Amy's Ice Cream
Chuy's
Kerbey Lane Cafe
If you're interested in driving outside the city, the town of Lockhart is about 45 minutes away. It's a tiny, very old Texas town, but the thrill of it is the three families that own the best (competing) BBQ places in the state. Everyone has their personal favorite, but all three are insanely good. Choose from Black's, Kreuz's, or Smitty's.

Things:

State Capitol is pretty.
The Bullock State History Museum is surprisingly good. I'm from the East Coast originally, and expected to hate this museum, but I've been back there twice now. Texas has a pretty fascinating history, I guess.
Alamo Drafthouse is easily the best movie theater chain in the country. If there's nothing specific you want to see the week you're here, check their site for any special viewings they've got going on. They always are showing popular classics from the 80's and 90's, plus they have things like Master Pancake (MST3K-style performances) at the Ritz downtown.
Pinballz is a pretty neato old-school arcade.
If you're into board games, Dragon's Lair is a very, very big store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread