Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FunMerrania posted:

A week into June and only realized now there's no new thread.

Please discuss.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
TNA will never die, but it has finally achieved being undead. It exists, yet isn't bad or good or fun enough behind the scenes for anyone to give a single poo poo. There is no fun to be had making fun of typos, announcer feuds, or Aron Rex. Impact Wrestling might as well not exist for as much as people discuss it. Many wrestling sites don't even bother posting recaps or spoilers. The product is ice cold. So yes, TNA is immortal, but we've finally locked it in an airtight tomb from which it can't harm us anymore.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steiner run in or Macho Man run in: who was sadder?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I didn't want to say anything and see if anybody was going to notice/care enough to make a new one.

So while I'm disappointed it only lasted a week, I am glad the next thread got the effort it deserved.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DoctorGonzo posted:

Steiner run in or Macho Man run in: who was sadder?

Macho's. He was in a bad place, not in great shape, paranoid, not able to really work, wanted to win the title, then freaked out and left in short order.

Steiner is just a respectable Shoney's owner taking a paycheck. I really wish he had run in wearing his dress clothes and beaten someone up with a Jeff Foxworthy cardboard cutout.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steiner should do a Michael Douglas in Falling Down gimmick when he tries to do the right thing but it always end in violence.

Bring back Midajah.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Did Steiner even go to India? If not he's off TV for about a month and wouldn't figure much if at all into the build for Slammiversary.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
(mercy voice) impact never dies

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

is anyone here one of the 5 people left still watching impact

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Steiner run in or Macho Man run in: which one actually involved running?

The answer: neither

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
TNA is boring now. What we need to do is come up with ways to Make TNA Great Again. To do that, let's examine TNA's history!

This is a dump of the entire Taimapedia LOLTNA page up to the beginning of 2017/Billy Corgan (sorry for the crap formatting)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3J0i5SBt4D4NlpqNkZqLUVuWm8

Let's get this out of the way now - Dupp Cup.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

grack posted:

TNA is boring now. What we need to do is come up with ways to Make TNA Great Again. To do that, let's examine TNA's history!

This is a dump of the entire Taimapedia LOLTNA page up to the beginning of 2017/Billy Corgan (sorry for the crap formatting)

This is my submission:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbeLpwdIsck

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

grack posted:

quote:

Syxx-Pac did a "shoot" on "sports entertainment" and how he had come to TNA for professional wrestling again. He cut this promo just before TNA held an impromptu boxing match between Saved by the Bell star Dustin "Screech" Diamond and obese TNA timekeeper Tiny.

Why did they have Screech in a boxing match :psyduck:

Like, in every dumb thing TNA has done on that list there is at least a kernel of sense if you look at it from a weird TNA perspective but this doesn't even have that.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

RZApublican posted:

Why did they have Screech in a boxing match :psyduck:

Like, in every dumb thing TNA has done on that list there is at least a kernel of sense if you look at it from a weird TNA perspective but this doesn't even have that.

At the time Fox was running a show called Celebrity Boxing, earlier in the year Screech had been on it and beat up the nerdy dude from Welcome Back Kotter. TNA wanted to cash in on that sweet Celebrity Boxing mainstream credibility.

Fun wrestling trivia, the main event of that celebrity boxing card: Joey Buttafuoco vs Chyna.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

CarlCX posted:

At the time Fox was running a show called Celebrity Boxing, earlier in the year Screech had been on it and beat up the nerdy dude from Welcome Back Kotter. TNA wanted to cash in on that sweet Celebrity Boxing mainstream credibility.

Fun wrestling trivia, the main event of that celebrity boxing card: Joey Buttafuoco vs Chyna.

:stare:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you my friend rare Magic card l00k

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thank you my friend rare Magic card l00k

You are welcome my friend DoctorGonzo.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Maybe we did need a new thread after all

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TNA sucks

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cardboard Box posted:

is anyone here one of the 5 people left still watching impact

Not me.

Max Coveri posted:

(mercy voice) impact never dies

What is dead may never die, but rises harder and stronger!

*gets cock chopped off*

Oh poo poo, TNA is the Theon Greyjoy of wrestling promotions!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DJExile posted:

TNA sucks

LET'S GO TN-ah gently caress it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
Aside from Christian, who else has had a better run in TNA than in WWE?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If they actually pull the trigger and give GFW champ Del Rio the TNA World title too next month, I'd say he's had a better run there than in WWE

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Please discuss.

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I like Bobby Lashley more in TNA than in WWE, FWIW. Certainly Low-Ki and the various NXT/FCW washouts.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

EC3 got a chance to do something in TNA, they never gave him much of an opportunity in WWE. Maybe he can come to WWE someday and have a Master of the Bacne match with Jinder or something.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Bubba Ray, Angle, Mr. Anderson.

TNA just loves them some WWE washouts.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ironically even if Angle's in WWE for another 365 days he still won't have been in WWE (would be around 8.5 years total) for as long as he wound up being in TNA (almost 9.5 years)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kurt having been in TNA for nearly a decade is still such a mindfuck to me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DJExile posted:

I am more amazed he didn't die

grack
Jan 10, 2012

DJExile posted:

Well TNA didn't really give a gently caress if Kurt OD'ed or drank himself to death.

Speaking of which, add Jeff Hardy to that list. Maybe Matt as well but like Devon his TNA run wasn't all that spectacular.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah this too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yep!

Didn't think I could be more ":stare: what the gently caress" at anything he did after he signed with TNA literally a month after Vince told him "I genuinely think you'll die if you don't go to rehab right now, go or you're fired"

but uh, him going a year with a tumor in his neck and refusing surgery on it until it pressed on a nerve definitely was one of the more stunning things I've ever seen

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Apparently the Indian crowd was actually paid extras and told who to cheer and boo :lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris Masters' injury apparently isn't severe enough the match has been pulled
https://twitter.com/Michael_Fabiano/status/873245853145735169

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Off the top off my head... Raven was a top guy in TNA, Bubba/Bully Ray's solo career was lower midcard in WWE, EC3 was on the C-show, Lashley was pushed to the moon in WWE but got over more with the TNA audience, Matt Hardy as a solo was a cornerstone of TNA for a while and a top guy, Scott Steiner was pushed instead of exposed.

Benne posted:

Apparently the Indian crowd was actually paid extras and told who to cheer and boo :lol:

The same reports also said that's common for Indian TV shows. So it's a bit like going "Apparently that late night show has an applause sign LOL"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The answer is Jeff Jarrett.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

shouldnt we just have a yearly thread for tna at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Last thread was the first one in a long time that didn't get even 10 pages

I think stuff will definitely hit 10 pages next month when GFW World Champ Del Rio becomes TNA World Champ Del Rio too, that's definitely the type of thing that'll bring the ratings

• Locked thread