Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's gonna own when Alberto skips an entire taping cycle the moment they ask him to drop the belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Benne posted:

It's gonna own when Alberto skips an entire taping cycle the moment they ask him to drop the belt

it's like when Ric Flair skipped town with the actual Big Gold Belt, only he didn't have twitter to call everyone a mark then

It's funny to me that we still expect great things out of Alberto El Patron, but none of those expectations involve showing up and acting professionally

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Last thread was the first one in a long time that didn't get even 10 pages

I guess >

WrasslorMonkey fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 10, 2017

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Ha, I like that Borash gif. But where's the photoshopped version?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bill Gates?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Last thread was the first one in a long time that didn't get even 10 pages

I think stuff will definitely hit 10 pages next month when GFW World Champ Del Rio becomes TNA World Champ Del Rio too, that's definitely the type of thing that'll bring the ratings

I think its more that quite a few of us aren't watching this and only read the thread to see what self destructive bullshit TNA has done recently and they've been lacking in that for a while. I mean I'm totally numb to bad TNA booking now because it's been an almost entirely poorly booked company for its entire history.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gorn Myson posted:

I think its more that quite a few of us aren't watching this and only read the thread to see what self destructive bullshit TNA has done recently and they've been lacking in that for a while. I mean I'm totally numb to bad TNA booking now because it's been an almost entirely poorly booked company for its entire history.

The defeat of Billy Corgan and the fizzling out of the summer of lawsuits kind of broke me. Those events held so much promise of spectacular failure and ended in a concert of wet farts, in typical TNA fashion. Now I'm not even sure what to expect, TNA could debut another fat oiled stripper and maybe give him the world title and I'd be "Eh".

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

grack posted:

Well TNA didn't really give a gently caress if Kurt OD'ed or drank himself to death.

Don't tell that to Mecca. They are giving TNA's supportive family atmosphere full credit for Kurt turning his life around.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Don't tell that to Mecca. They are giving TNA's supportive family atmosphere full credit for Kurt turning his life around.

I guess anything is possible. Bryan Alvarez and Vinny V did an in-depth exploration of TNA's Drug Policy here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVo4_ACdOFI&t=129s

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

:tipshat:

:stonkhat:

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Daniel Bryan looks terrible without a beard

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I can't unsee Mitch McConnell in that gif.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's either a young Mitch McConnell or a middle-aged Mark Hamill.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you know if you didn't put a month in the thread title we could just keep the one thread all year like for every other wrestling promotion

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I see this was said on the last page.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Norm has a Netflix special now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Super No Vacancy posted:

you know if you didn't put a month in the thread title we could just keep the one thread all year like for every other wrestling promotion

Wouldn't be as funny

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Super No Vacancy posted:

Rowdy Ringsports should have only three threads.

- Vince's Wide World of Fake Fighting
- Dana's Wide World of Fake Fighting
- Maybe Five People Actually Watch The Rest

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren: Don West is coming back to commentary for Slammiversary :siren:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I saw Davey Boy Meltzer say that on twitter and I legitimately thought for a second I was looking at the Meltzer in the 90s bot.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

:siren: Don West is coming back to commentary for Slammiversary :siren:

With ESPN's Robert Flores
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/875402107938947072

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

In general "TNA said they wouldn't do the thing but did the thing anyway" news:

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/875528011659042817

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm sure that defying Konnan's wishes on a live broadcast will work out fine

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I must admit it is making me interested in seeing the live show, at least

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

They're gonna blur out so much of this

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

konnan is top 8 people in the business

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

What has Konnan been up to since he had the falling out with AAA?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Booking his usual Vince Russo tribute fed in Mexico.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It's that bad?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

It's that bad?

The wrestling is probably fine but I can't stand his booking anymore and the first few The Crash shows seemed particularly stupid in terms of booking.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says they've also talked with Tenay about bringing him back for Slammiversary too

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Now all they need is Kevin Nash to randomly blurt out "We're getting the band back together!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

coconono posted:

Now all they need is Kevin Nash to randomly blurt out "We're getting the band back together!"

Me: Paparazzi Productions? :shobon:
Nash: No, the bad band.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Not being complicit in visa fraud, booking TNA now-sister promotion The Crash and heckling the poo poo out TNA sister promotion AAA.

Oh and podcasts g with Disco Inferno and that one radio DJ from Saints Row IV who always shows up at the start of Botchamania.

Its weird.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says they've also talked with Tenay about bringing him back for Slammiversary too

Bring back heel Don West :colbert:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Konnan has all the stroke brother.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jason Sextro posted:

Bring back heel Don West :colbert:

:yeah:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
So what ever happened to Chris Harris' career? Did he just go to WWE, show up completely fat and out of shape, and basically destroy his entire career forever? Was he ever any good in TNA or just a footnote? Beer Money seemed way more over than him and Storm anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Tato posted:

So what ever happened to Chris Harris' career? Did he just go to WWE, show up completely fat and out of shape, and basically destroy his entire career forever? Was he ever any good in TNA or just a footnote? Beer Money seemed way more over than him and Storm anyway.

Chris Harris was really good (and in shape) in TNA, America's Most Wanted was super over, and he had a chance to be a singles star in TNA following his breakup feud with Storm and their incredible deathmatch, but then he was put in a feud with Black Reign that killed his momentum.

Then he floated rumors he was talking to WWE, got fired for it, became Braden Walker and more or less never got back into shape.

• Locked thread