Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

They do need to fill some spots for the next Hall of Fame class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
You know, all things considered, I can't exactly blame Seth for not being intimidated.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

So who will be the next promotion that inexplicably employs Al Snow in 2017

I bet Lucha Underground could find a hilarious use for him.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

He'll probably be a trainer in NXT.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Benne posted:

So who will be the next promotion that inexplicably employs Al Snow in 2017

The new season of Holy Foley! is just Mick finding inventive ways to throw Al Snow onto Frank the Clown while Noelle continues to be a bad prospective wrestler, his wife continues to gain weight, and his young sons sink deeper into their fidget spinners and spectrum disorders.

Dewey is fired after it is revealed he has been wearing a wire and getting all of his writing ideas directly from (inexplicably) Russo and Cornette at the same time.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Davros1 posted:

He'll probably be a trainer in NXT.
lol no

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

my guess if he ends up in wwe again in some form it'd be as a road agent or something

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Luigi Thirty posted:

Doesn't he own a school still?

I thought for a second that you meant Al Snow owned a normal school.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Numero6 posted:

I thought for a second that you meant Al Snow owned a normal school.

Yeah, he's the headmaster.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Jack Anderson posted:

:golfclap:

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
I couldn't fathom paying to be trained by Al Snow in 2017 simply because you'd have to put up with his gimmick of complaining about why every other wrestler but him is wrong about everything and then hear him cry about how he wasted all his opportunities in WWE for hours on end.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Jack Anderson posted:

lmao

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Jack Anderson posted:

Heh.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Jack Anderson posted:

Eddie Dennis who wrestles for a bunch of UK indies, including Progress, is in fact the headmaster at a private school...

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Eddie Dennis who wrestles for a bunch of UK indies, including Progress, is in fact the headmaster at a private school...

yeah?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ghidzilla posted:

I couldn't fathom paying to be trained by Al Snow in 2017 simply because you'd have to put up with his gimmick of complaining about why every other wrestler but him is wrong about everything and then hear him cry about how he wasted all his opportunities in WWE for hours on end.

Yeah it's like when the Dudley Boys had a wrestling school. If you are gonna drop thousands to get trained why go for the guys who were never known for their wrestling?

Lance Storm? sure
Mike Quackenbush? sure
Al Snow? Uhhhhh

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah it's like when the Dudley Boys had a wrestling school. If you are gonna drop thousands to get trained why go for the guys who were never known for their wrestling?

Lance Storm? sure
Mike Quackenbush? sure
Al Snow? Uhhhhh

Snow knows how to get a head in the wrestling business and won't make you sleep on the couch or get medical care so I can see it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

I hope his wrestling name is Head Boy.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Lance Storm? sure
Mike Quackenbush? sure
Al Snow? Uhhhhh

Lance Storm churns out WWE stars.
Quack makes you sleep on the couch if you bring him bad coffee.
Al Snow created Josh Matthews.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Snow was a good wrestler at one point, though that point was "1995 in SMW". IIRC the Apter mags hyped him up as "the best wrestler you've never seen" right about then.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Imagine going "Yes, I would rather learn from Mike Quackenbush than two guys who have been extremely successful for two decades."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Imagine going "Yes, I would rather learn from Mike Quackenbush than two guys who have been extremely successful for two decades."

we should ask Chuck Taylor how he feels about this choice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I'd pick Quack over Snow and I think Quack is a turd. He has a way better track record.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I'd pick Quack over Snow and I think Quack is a turd. He has a way better track record.

The two guys I was referring to were Bubba and Devon, not Al Snow!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The two guys I was referring to were Bubba and Devon, not Al Snow!

By that logic Hulk Hogan should be the best wrestling teacher ever!!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I was surprised to learn recently that 9-1-1 is both alive and owns a wrestling school in Jersey.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

By that logic Hulk Hogan should be the best wrestling teacher ever!!

Hulk Hogan taught over 100,000,000 screaming hulkamaniacs in the Astro-Dome when he bodyslammed the 500kg Giant so hard that he broke his back. Those Hulkamaniacs learned so much that they all got PhDs and MBAs brother.

Thats how good a teacher Hulk Hogan is.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Hulk Hogan taught over 100,000,000 screaming hulkamaniacs in the Astro-Dome when he bodyslammed the 500kg Giant so hard that he broke his back. Those Hulkamaniacs learned so much that they all got PhDs and MBAs brother.

Thats how good a teacher Hulk Hogan is.

and then they all died three days later

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Quack, Hero, and Claudio trained or helped train a whole lot of WWE talent that are in the WWE right now, they were great at training technical and lucha style wrestlers. Lance builds a lot of well-rounded, ready for WWE stars too.

I can't name anyone significant that The Dudley's or Al Snow have trained.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RealFoxy posted:

Quack, Hero, and Claudio trained or helped train a whole lot of WWE talent that are in the WWE right now, they were great at training technical and lucha style wrestlers. Lance builds a lot of well-rounded, ready for WWE stars too.

I can't name anyone significant that The Dudley's or Al Snow have trained.

Team 3D academy:
Rob Terry
Jesse Neal
Andrea (FKA Rosie Lottalove)
Tonga Roa

Al Snow:
Alex Arion
Blue Meanie
Christopher Nowinski
Cody Rhodes
D-Lo Brown
Daniel Puder
Dan Severn
Domino
Jackie Gayda
John Morrison
Josh Matthews
KC Thunder
Kenny King
Linda Miles
Matt Cappotelli
Matt Morgan
Maven
Nick Mondo
Nidia
Reckless Youth
Ryback
The Miz
Truth Martini

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That is actually a surprisingly good list of alumni from good ol' Al Snow.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He's been doing it forever.

Team 3D is still pretty fresh but the miracles they've done with Andrea is significant. She's come a long way from squishing Daffney.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I would really like to know what exactly three-time all american, two-time national champion, Arizona State hall-of-famer, two-time UFC tournament winner, UFC superfight winner, UFC hall-of-famer and according to Jim Cornette "the most decorated athlete in modern history" Dan Severn learned from Al loving Snow.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RebyHardy/status/877946207192064000

More tweets to come obviously

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ad by Khad posted:

I would really like to know what exactly three-time all american, two-time national champion, Arizona State hall-of-famer, two-time UFC tournament winner, UFC superfight winner, UFC hall-of-famer and according to Jim Cornette "the most decorated athlete in modern history" Dan Severn learned from Al loving Snow.

I hate to tell you this, but uh

Pro wrestling is fake

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ad by Khad posted:

how to work a match without grievously injuring his opponent.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

how to work a match without grievously injuring his opponent.

Yeah but Al Snow also trained D-Lo Brown so what does that tell you

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Team 3D academy:
Rob Terry
Jesse Neal
Andrea (FKA Rosie Lottalove)
Tonga Roa

Al Snow:
Alex Arion
Blue Meanie
Christopher Nowinski
Cody Rhodes
D-Lo Brown
Daniel Puder
Dan Severn
Domino
Jackie Gayda
John Morrison
Josh Matthews
KC Thunder
Kenny King
Linda Miles
Matt Cappotelli
Matt Morgan
Maven
Nick Mondo
Nidia
Reckless Youth
Ryback
The Miz
Truth Martini

A lot of those people are just Tough Enough or OVW and he definitely doesn't deserve full or majority credit for them. Also D-Lo was a Monster Factory product. Maybe Al Snow was an assistant trainer there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I included the Tough Enough guys because he was partly training them alongside...DeMott, iirc. I also omitted a bunch of people I've never heard of. Al Snow is a fuckin mark for himself.

• Locked thread