Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

Is it even called Impact anymore?

The company is now IMPACT Wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So the show is now called IMPACT Wrestling Impact

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

but the LOLTNA lives on

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
But it isn't Total Nonstop Action anymore. It's now Incomplete Intermittent Inertia.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Dr. Dirt posted:

But it isn't Total Nonstop Action anymore. It's now Incomplete Intermittent Inertia.

It's always been this?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oh my loving god it's Shaq

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Can someone reverse the GIF of Dixie clinging onto Hogan's leg so it looks like she's dragging him backwards

yesss this pls

Chris James 2 posted:

:laffo:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Dr. Dirt posted:

Kurt took the other three Is with him to WWE, I guess.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Maybe they should advertise the special celebrity appearance to try to get something out of it, instead of teasing it and making it a surprise.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

Holy gently caress :lol:

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
If it really is him, then Big Show's probably gonna be all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bg5ADsiYGQ&t=105s

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

:laffo:

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

CVagts posted:

Maybe they should advertise the special celebrity appearance to try to get something out of it, instead of teasing it and making it a surprise.

"Unanounced, anonymous celebrity guest" is almost certainly a bigger draw than whatever name they got.

I'm betting it's Pac-Man Jones, again.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Claytor posted:

"Unanounced, anonymous celebrity guest" is almost certainly a bigger draw than whatever name they got.

I'm betting it's Pac-Man Jones, again.

There is basically no such thing as a draw to TNA at this point and it does them absolutely no good to say "trust us this time!" on it when they're on a network nobody has ever heard of and their already hilariously low ratings are only going to drop. You may as well take a wing and a prayer and announce who it is in the faint hopes that you'll get a few new eyeballs on your show, but they can't even do that right.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I still wanna know how many people Chris Rock fired after his appearance.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Wow what a big get, even WWE could not get him for wrestlemania

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/879363050448580609

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hoss Corncave posted:

If it really is him, then Big Show's probably gonna be all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bg5ADsiYGQ&t=105s

There are so many good recommended videos after that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCHBpqFsSEY

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lol LU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

How many participants in this match will end up having to be digitally pixelated?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Imagine wanting to be in the CWC and ending up on Slammiversary.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This was speculated to be an Orlando legend that people are assuming is Shaq, but it looks like it's the mayor of Orlando
http://impactwrestling.com/city-orlando-florida-honors-impact-wrestling-company-celebrates-15-years/

quote:

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer Bringing Proclamation to The Impact Zone – And He’s Also Going to Work During Taping for IMPACT on Pop TV

Nashville / Orlando (June 27, 2017) – To honor the 15-year anniversary of IMPACT Wrestling, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., the City of Orlando has declared Wednesday, July 5, 2017, as “IMPACT WRESTLING DAY IN ORLANDO.”

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer will present a proclamation honoring IMPACT Wrestling before taping begins July 5 for a future episode of IMPACT on Pop TV. IMPACT has filmed most of its weekly, two-hour TV show over the past 15 years on the backlot at Universal Studios Florida, dubbed The Impact Zone.

This is the first time Mayor Dyer has attended an IMPACT Wrestling show – and he’s not just attending in a mayoral role. Mayor Dyer also will serve as the “Special Ring Announcer” for two matches.

“Orlando is already known worldwide as an epicenter for entertainment, and as we have worked to diversify our economy, growing our sports-based industries has been a strong focus,” said Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer. “Blending both entertainment and sports, IMPACT Wrestling is the exact type of event we’d like to continue hosting in Orlando. We are grateful to IMPACT Wresting for its commitment to, and investment in, the City of Orlando and look forward to IMPACT’s next 15 years of growth in our community.”

Jeff Jarrett is the founder of IMPACT Wrestling and now serves as the company’s Chief Creative Officer. He said IMPACT has been a “labor of love” since day one, and now to be honored by Mayor Dyer and the City of Orlando, “is one of the biggest accomplishments in IMPACT Wrestling history.”

IMPACT Wrestling presents Slammiversary 15 on July 2 at The Impact Zone, a pay-per-view extravaganza that will bring a standing room-only crowd to Orlando. IMPACT on Pop TV will then be filmed July 3-6 for episodes to air over the next month or so.

Bobby Lashley, the reigning IMPACT Wrestling World Champion, is one of the biggest stars in pro wrestling and also has ventured into mixed martial-arts. His opponent at Slammiversary is second-generation wrestling favorite Alberto El Patron, who has achieved crossover popularity in the U.S. and his native Mexico.

IMPACT Wrestling will return to Orlando through the end of the year as its primary production home. IMPACT’s budget in Orlando, which includes lodging, local vendors, and all other aspects of production, exceeds $7.5 million annually.

“We are so honored to be recognized by Mayor Dyer and the City of Orlando,” said Ed Nordholm, President of IMPACT Wrestling. “The City of Orlando is like a second home to many of our team. We’ve spent so many nights in Orlando over the years, most of us have our favorite restaurants – and the staff at those venues know our orders once we arrive.”

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope the venue implodes and takes their idiot mayor with them

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahahahahahahaha

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Okay never mind it's better to tease a surprise than announce the mayor as your super special important guest.

TNA is trying to out-WCW WCW which is an impossible task.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
First read the name as Bud Dwyer, could be a killer show.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

After it comes out that the mayor took cash4gold bribes from Jeff Jarrett he shoots himself live on impact.

E: /\ haha dang I took too long /\

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CVagts posted:

Okay never mind it's better to tease a surprise than announce the mayor as your super special important guest.

TNA is trying to out-WCW WCW which is an impossible task.

They already hired Russo like 3 times sooo

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DJExile posted:

hahahahahahahahaha

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

flashy_mcflash posted:

This was speculated to be an Orlando legend that people are assuming is Shaq, but it looks like it's the mayor of Orlando
http://impactwrestling.com/city-orlando-florida-honors-impact-wrestling-company-celebrates-15-years/

great pull quote, Ed

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The mayor of orlando is the most tna special guest ever

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

they couldn't even find some Orlando Magic benchwarmer or something. That's amazing.

E: SPECIAL GUEST, C.J. WILCOX!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
THAT'S THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT?! Bwahahahah.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

quote:

And He’s Also Going to Work During Taping for IMPACT on Pop TV

I'm really, really disappointed that the mayor isn't going to work a match during the taping and job to Jarrett.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm really, really disappointed that the mayor isn't going to work a match during the taping and job to Jarrett.
[/quote]

Mayoral wrestling matches only come every four years. We're off-cycle.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

great pull quote, Ed

"When we enter an Orlando Wendy's, the employees always know as soon as we come in, that we'll be mostly paying with dozens of expired coupons"

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

#FreeDrago #FreeELDF ... no one should be trapped in the sinking ship known as AAA.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expect Bram's injury in Italy to set new standards of grossness arguably surpasses X-Pac's ripped anus. When details come out don't read it while eating lunch.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

rovert posted:

Expect Bram's injury in Italy to set new standards of grossness arguably surpasses X-Pac's ripped anus. When details come out don't read it while eating lunch.

oh thanks i'll keep that in mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Did he get his dick caught in a freezer of ice cream again

• Locked thread