Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mormonpartyboat posted:

from testing, if you bake ranch it doesnt crisp at all, and in fact kind of degenerates into gooey oil

would probably need to strain the solids through like cheesecloth and then add some extra oil to reduce its thickness but~~~

you'll probably end up with burnt, nasty spices that once constituted the ranch flavoring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

from testing, if you bake ranch it doesnt crisp at all, and in fact kind of degenerates into gooey oil

would probably need to strain the solids through like cheesecloth and then add some extra oil to reduce its thickness but~~~

need to figure a good substance to mix with and work into a mozzarella style consistency, wash and roll in panko and u got ranchzarella stix that would bring a tear to the most hardened fieri

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I don't know what abominations upon nature, intestinal tracks, and the gods will be unleashed in here

but I know one thing

I'll be there when they are :f5:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you could probably make ranch dressing icing

cream cheese-style icing, but instead of the butter, you use ranch dressing??? :thunk:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Please use this ingredient in the next Iron Chef CSPAM

Hell I bet there are a bunch of tacky politician-branded foods.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lindsey O. Graham fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jun 10, 2017

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
Airbnb held their company over at the beginning by selling Obama branded cereal, Obama-o's

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

curufinor posted:

Airbnb held their company over at the beginning by selling Obama branded cereal, Obama-o's

Haha holy crap I thought you were joking.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

it begins

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

today we prep

tomorrow we dine in hell!

e: just received hell's Sunday menu!

Tempura Mushrooms with Hot Ranch
Stuffed Poblanos and C-SPAMish Rice
Cornbread with Lime Ranch Butter
Deep Fried Jello, Game Store Flavor

Duscat fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 10, 2017

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
oh my loving god these fritters might be one of the best things ive ever eaten

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
more (and better) pictures and a writeup coming after im done cooking but here's the more straightforward first course:

ranch sliders with partially hydrogenated dorito fritters and of course some cilantro-lime avocado ranch for dipping

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
absolute madman

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
for the sliders:

base is a pound of beef mixed with a whole ranch packet and half a diced onion, grilled into patties. veggies are a tomato and little lettuce squares both marinated for about half an hour in oil with about a tablespoon of ranch seasoning, also grilled (i like slightly charred lettuce gently caress you). added a cheese crisp made with 1 part ranch to 3 parts parmesan cheese (not super crispy but tasty) and some leftover bacon from...course 2. then the bun is a king hawaiian original, basted with like 2 tbsp of butter with half a tbsp of ranch and toasted so its got this ranch garlic bread feel, all stacked high

two tiny avocados, a fresh squeezed lime, about 2 tbsp cilantro, and a shitload of ranch made the dressing

the corn fritters are:

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup crushed doritos
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 (10 oz) package frozen corn

whisk dry, make a well, add the wet, just stir until its incorporated, then fry

and they are so light and airy while also having that tough crisp oh my god

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the purpose of course 1 is to ease you into the ranchtivities, while course 2 is more...acceptance

i present chicken and waffles(?) with a maple ranch glaze

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the chicken is normal three dip fried chicken, took a tenderloin and dipped it in ranch seasoned flour -> 3 eggs/half cup of milk -> crushed doritos

the waffle is actually...well...

first, i baked some wedged small red potatoes in ranch seasoning, oil, fresh thyme and sage, and half a diced onion for about 35 minutes until they were dark and toasty and delicious

then i roughly diced them and threw them in a bowl with 1/2 cup of ranch, 1 egg, 1/2 cup flour, and some diced bacon and stirred

then mashed into a waffle maker

the sauce is just literally 1 part ranch to 4 parts maple syrup and a bit of ground chipotle and is legit super tasty

mormonpartyboat fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 10, 2017

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
ok im drunk, my kitchen is destroyed, and i have people coming over to help me finish all the poo poo i made for courses 1 and 2 so i will have to do dessert tomorrow

its going to be the strangest thing ive ever cooked so ~~~~~

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

ok im drunk, my kitchen is destroyed, and i have people coming over to help me finish all the poo poo i made for courses 1 and 2 so i will have to do dessert tomorrow

its going to be the strangest thing ive ever cooked so ~~~~~

looks like some stiff compo but my meal is coming together in my head bit by bit

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Stiff Compo is my noir gumshoe name

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

more (and better) pictures and a writeup coming after im done cooking but here's the more straightforward first course:

ranch sliders with partially hydrogenated dorito fritters and of course some cilantro-lime avocado ranch for dipping

such a handsome entry!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mormonpartyboat posted:

the purpose of course 1 is to ease you into the ranchtivities, while course 2 is more...acceptance

i present chicken and waffles(?) with a maple ranch glaze

chef! you will be difficult to beat! :suspense:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Duscat posted:

e: just received hell's Sunday menu!

Tempura Mushrooms with Hot Ranch
Stuffed Poblanos and C-SPAMish Rice
Cornbread with Lime Ranch Butter
Deep Fried Jello, Game Store Flavor

im loving pumped

i dont even know what deep fried jello is

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

mormonpartyboat posted:

i dont even know what deep fried jello is

yeah i thought of it when i was drunk, but upon googling, it turned out that the deep fat fryologists at the Texas State Fair actually discovered it just last year

after scouring the internet for recipes and trip reports, and although i could not find all the recommended ingredients on such short notice (goddamn HEB apparently doesn't stock agar anymore, what the hell), nor do I have a deep fat fryer, I will attempt this

if i die, bury my remains in Bee Cave with a dozen furbies, all aligned 69 degrees from true North, for future archeologists to puzzle over

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
lindsey graham's meal for the dead and damned:

oyster benne soup a la ranch
shrimp au Dorito and grits a la ranch
cornbread a la ranch with caramelized Dorito glazed crust

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

the gif master has spoken

you are the Yoda to my fledgling gif game

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Al! posted:

looks like some stiff compo but my meal is coming together in my head bit by bit

Same, I'm assembling my shopping list

Hopefully I can cook everything tomorrow

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Just got back from the store

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 12, 2017

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
oh my

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

oh it's gettin unda'way in here!

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
i have plans too, friends!

Lindsey O. Graham fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 11, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Courses 0 and 1 finished:

Firstly, no meal is complete without bread. So I made cornbread, using ground Doritos in place of some the corn meal and ranch in place of milk. Also added ranch powder to the whole mix. I should have added some chopped jalapenos, but forgot to buy them.

They were good, but definitely needed the kick from jalapenos. Tasted very strongly of ranch, not much Doritos flavor.

But a bread course is hardly an appetizer, so I paired it a salad course. But for a ranch battle, only one salad seemed appropriate: A Cobb Salad
From left to right is:
Doritos avocado ranch dressing
Chopped boiled egg
Sliced avocado
Cherry tomatoes
Diced chicken breast (marinated in ranch and lemon juice prior to cooking)
Diced onion
Chopped bacon
Bleu cheese

The salad is a mix of romaine and baby spinach.

Next portion of the entry should be posted in a while, still gotta cook everything else. The Entree should be easy assuming my dough turns out well, but dessert is gonna be an adventure.

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 12, 2017

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
yum

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
course 3 is a-go

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ok, im back from the store, got my shopping done, pepto's in the freezer, now all i gotta do is find my wire cutters..........

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
nothing says dessert quite like onions caramelizing into a brown goo

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Three course meal

spaghetti, fettucini, and veal.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

because i can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
it is done

franch toast stuffed with a savory filling with handmade ranch ice cream, topped with a dorito brown sugar butter crumble and drizzled with a a ranch-dark chocolate sauce

god have mercy on us all, this is delicious

• Locked thread