Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
I'm making a new sig for the summer out of my cat gif! Does anyone have a classic BYOB font that they would recommend?

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starman Super DX

Sensual Simian posted:

there really is a nice sense of community in this little forum and it feels nice to finally be accepted in life, albeit in a small internet kind of way. thank you so much for the love and the chill. -sensual simian (1985-2001)

G-g-g-g-g-ghost!!!!

:ghost:

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

have you tried

I just wanted to know if it was something less obvious because I wanted to be a cool kid with a cool kid signature :saddowns:

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

Mariana Horchata posted:

not gonna lie...i kinda misssssssss ur snake~

I love your bubble bobble sig. Getting to remember that stuff like that exists is one of the reasons I love coming here :unsmith:

Excited to finish my sig (didn't get it done today like I wanted) since I feel like it was a good excuse to learn some really basic photoshoppery. Maybe one day I can be as good as you guys :D

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

Here is my new sig please don't be too mean oh god

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

:glomp:

Thanks! this is giving me a chance to make some headway in actually learning some neat photoshop tricks

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

vanisher posted:

We need the BYOBapp

it exists it's just a bunch of gifs of small animals getting along with one another

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

Splatmaster posted:

BYOB mouse-over text- "That weird place you practice photoshop stuff"

more like yoloshop amirite

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

Sensual Simian posted:

holy moses They Might Be, I feel like a real human ready for some hot summer action... one of these days, before I die, I would like to try my hand at some of these digital artistic enterprises

seriously, this is a dang good sig :discourse:

I've spent most of my 13 years on the SomethingAwful.com forums just enjoying the atmosphere. Today is the first day that I've actually felt welcome to spend my time here.

that's what we're here to do.* I think I lurked here on and off for about 4 years, bought an account, and then lurked on and off for another 6 years, then I decided to :justpost:

*am I allowed to say that? am I doing this right?

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

having a lot of fun with this and I thought of one more sig idea that made me lol but I think I need some help. I love abusing the hell out of frinkiac and I thought of a great simpsons gif that I wanted to make but it comes out strange when I download the gif and try to open it in Photoshop. Any suggestions. For reference, it's this one.

e: by strange I mean missing lots of pieces? It's difficult to explain really.

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 18, 2017

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

vanisher posted:

make sure you 'unoptimize,' this way each frame can be edited a little easier without trailers. If you're going to add stuff, also move it from 'indexed' color scheme to 'rgb'

any ideas on how you want to edit this bad boy i'll give it a shot

Hmm I'm not sure if that's what it is. This is how it appears in Photoshop after getting it from Frinkiac

So I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere.

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

Manifisto posted:

hmmm looks like there were some slightly weird things about the way the frame disposal was specified, also the color indexing

I'm curious, is this one easier to work with in photoshop? I actually use gimp for my gif editing, I don't have full photoshop only ps elements.

I have an unoptimized file too, but it's like 53 MB, kind of unwieldy to transfer/share (too big for imgur I think)

lol

Yes, that did it! Thank you! :D I downloaded GIMP too since I'd been playing with both so I could decide which one was easier to use. What was it you did in GIMP to fix it or get it to display properly? I'm guessing PS's default settings were causing it to render incorrectly or something.
Anyway, this was my original vision, made with the file you fixed for me.

e: Appended to include your credit.

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 18, 2017

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

All of this was really helpful! And yeah, I can see the use in making a "unoptimized" file in order to get the extra frames. I'll definitely refer to all of this info again the next time I download a new Simpsons gif.
As for the hackery, I'm 99% sure that most of this is done and can be done in PS, I'm just still trying to figure it out or I need to learn some of those terms so I know what to google for PS tutorials and get help on specific subjects
What the PS gif work space looks like

Tell me more!

Starman Super DX

DirtyBear posted:

i like this one

You would like that one, you filthy ursine. :v:

Tell me more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU