Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Hamilton has got to be on track for one of the worst seasons of all time. Seriously they are horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Austin "handing over" the coaching duties to June Jones. Ya okay. More like "if you don't we fire you".

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

They are trying to punt the ball into the endzone and if the team is tackled inside the endzone with the ball the other team gets 1 point and wins the game

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Not sure but it was probably 5 yard rule. If so they don't need to replay the kickoff. (If you don't know instead of faircatch there is a 5 yard rule which you need to give the player at least 5 yards to catch the ball before you can tackle him. If you are inside that you get a penalty.)

EDIT: The penalty was on Montreal for not giving at least 5 yards to the Winnipeg player to catch the punt.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

but Flanders moved behind Lankford prior to the kick so he was onside and therefore doesn't have to give yards to the returner and can recover the ball without a Montreal player touching it first,

Oh poo poo I forgot about that rule. I think it was last year when Hamilton pulled that one off on someone. The other team had no idea what was going on.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

As if Hamilton couldn't get any more embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/CFL/status/896856440903671808

Two weeks after they posted that too! I guess it doesn't apply to women.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Does the CFL approve all hires though? I think Hamilton could bring on a coach without the league having any say in it.

You'd think there would be some morality clause sort of thing here. This affects all the clubs not just Hamilton.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

Not sure, like I said I'm not sure the league would have had a chance to vet the hiring at all before Hamilton announced it. I can see the commissioner doing something about it soon though considering how lovely and deeply unpopular this hiring is.

Ya I can see the commissioner doing something.... I hope. I knew the Ti-Cats owner was a piece of poo poo but this is really something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Good news this

• Locked thread