Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Sell cars. I took home $80k a year after taxes and did maaaaaybe 25 hours of work a week, and this was in Vermont - I could have made quite a bit more than that if I was in a more populated area.

I spent a lot of time at the dealership but I just hosed around online seriously half the day at least. Some places are more strictly run than others, but if they give their salesmen autonomy it's a seriously tit job.

You get paid on volume bonuses so you aren't really ripping people off if you don't want to. (Although you can get pretty good at that if you want to. I made it a mission to rip off rednecks, they always wanted big trucks and they can't do math very well.)

Tumble fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

photomikey posted:

You can get a used car dealer license in almost any state. Then you can attend used car auctions that are off-limits to the public. I knew a couple surfer guys who used to ride the bus to the auction, buy a shitted out used car for $2k, detail it, change the oil, put it on craigslist, sell it for $4k, then ride the bus until the next auction. Rinse, repeat. It is not risk-less, but managed correctly it did seem to be a lazy man's good-paying job.

It depends on where you are. In the south and the west you can find a lot of decent cars, but if you're in an area that gets snow in the winter it's a major pain in the rear end to find viable auction cars for a couple grand. i did make a few grand flipping cars that were going to go to auction though. I sold them to my mechanic

• Locked thread