Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BexGu posted:

I think your projecting. This is the only thing about the plot on the Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/612400/The_Last_Night/

The plot looks to be about a world where humans have nothing to do but to consume media (and define themselves by what they consume) and the a person that can't even fit into that life.

There are screenshots of comments from him expounding on what ideas he's baking into the game, that's where people are getting their info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BexGu posted:

I think your projecting. This is the only thing about the plot on the Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/612400/The_Last_Night/

The plot looks to be about a world where humans have nothing to do but to consume media (and define themselves by what they consume) and the a person that can't even fit into that life.

It's really silly since in countries where the social safety net is far more prominent there's plenty of stories of people being able to go into creative ventures and create innovative/inventive works, creative or otherwise.

It's not like Zuck or Musk or whatever have ever spent a day living in poverty, a wholly artificial creation of an economy predisposed to exploitation and the enrichment of a few.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The worst thing about these circumstances is that no-nothing morons on both sides once again gain center stage on debates they have neither the intellectual curiosity nor capability of discussing. To Twitter!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The worst thing about these circumstances is that no-nothing morons on both sides once again gain center stage on debates they have neither the intellectual curiosity nor capability of discussing. To Twitter!

brianna wu 2020

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I'm trying to look at the trailer objectively and there's nothing overtly wrong with it. Anthem succeeds at A) looking good and B) giving you an idea of what the game's going to be about. Were this being developed by any other studio I'd probably just think it was a cool little thing and have kept it on my radar. But knowing it's Bioware and that they basically killed everything that made their games enjoyable for some Destiny clone is just kinda of argh.

I think it's more that the trailer reminds me a lot of the early Division trailers, complete with the fake voice chat over the gameplay (admittedly that might just be a pet peeve of mine--nobody talks like that when they play games online, stop pretending they do!). I'm definitely going to pay attention to it as we learn more about it, though, so I guess it succeeded in getting my attention.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

mutata posted:

There are screenshots of comments from him expounding on what ideas he's baking into the game.

How current through? Stuff from like 3 years ago? Dude already admitted he change his views from tweets from 2014.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

mutata posted:

There are screenshots of comments from him expounding on what ideas he's baking into the game, that's where people are getting their info.

It's this. There's other bullshit about male birth control and the dangers of universal basic income. None of that sounds like a compelling game plot to me.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junkfist posted:

The meltdowns everyone so wanted from Farcry 5 we're going to get from a loving pixel-indie game instead lol.

Oh christ 1 of like the hundreds of gamings coming out every day has bad political views whatever shall we do

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BexGu posted:

How current through? Stuff from like 3 years ago? Dude already admitted he change his views from tweets from 2014.

There's stuff from last year too earlier in the thread. And earlier this year.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Harrow posted:

I think it's more that the trailer reminds me a lot of the early Division trailers, complete with the fake voice chat over the gameplay (admittedly that might just be a pet peeve of mine--nobody talks like that when they play games online, stop pretending they do!). I'm definitely going to pay attention to it as we learn more about it, though, so I guess it succeeded in getting my attention.

It's pretty, but looks real slow, like, even when they're jetpacking through canyons and poo poo there's very little sense of speed. Considering people were egregiously comparing it to Titanfall, that's pretty disappointing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BexGu posted:

https://twitter.com/ghostsampler/status/874206201294102528

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

Hey guys... how did all these influencers get their Xbox 1 X vid out so quickly... 🤔

]

nobody is in this shot because the guy just shot b-reel at the location than somehow took a xbox 1 x back to his hotel/office and filmed himself there...

seriously though... at least microsoft didn't force these guys onto stage to do something they're not used to.

Reminds me of Xbox Japan's INSIDE Xbox video series which survived for way longer than its Japanese sales should have allowed for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaIoxvZmdC4

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Morby posted:

The Last Night

:stare: I googled this and two of the first two results are complaints about SJWs with anime boob ads on the side and I think that is all that I ever want to know about it.

Anthem looks like it might be interesting, but I haven't seen much else in the coverage of this weekend that grabs me.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Taintrunner posted:

It's really silly since in countries where the social safety net is far more prominent there's plenty of stories of people being able to go into creative ventures and create innovative/inventive works, creative or otherwise.

It's not like Zuck or Musk or whatever have ever spent a day living in poverty, a wholly artificial creation of an economy predisposed to exploitation and the enrichment of a few.

I think it can be interesting if robots are ALSO better are creative ventures (which the blurb states) to really drive down the point that there really is increasing little for humans to actually do.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 12, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Anybody remember the outrage when Resident Evil 5 was announced because a white man was shooting black zombies in Africa

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Mordja posted:

Yeah, certain types of people are just genetically predisposed towards intolerance, poor devils.
Where's the nearest bigotry rehab center we can admit this poor soul to? He deserves our compassion, clearly.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Oh christ 1 of like the hundreds of gamings coming out every day has bad political views whatever shall we do

Maybe talk about how stupid the guy who made the bad game is and laugh at him, here in the thread.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Kashuno posted:

How do people feel about the conferences so far? I know we're only 3 major ones in, but so far this has been an okay e3.

Wolfenstein is cool, more Dishonored is a good thing and I like the look of the new Metro.

I think I'm the only person in the thread to still be excited for Sea of Thieves.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Tei posted:

GAME SOCIAL COMMENTARY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCrKd0fM1CY

Choplifter is a commodore 64 game where we pilot a chopper. Our mission in every level is to save a amount of civilians, and avoid the attack of other copters, jets and tanks.

To save people, first we have to shot at their house with the vulcan in the front of our chopper. We can also bomb their house from the air. This force the civilians to exit their house.

The we land, and the civilians will run towards the chopper. We can't save them all, so don't destroy more houses that are necessary.

When our chopper is full, we travel back to the base, we land, and we deploy the civilians.

:allears:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Don't give him a platform to push his lovely politics?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Kashuno posted:

Anybody remember the outrage when Resident Evil 5 was announced because a white man was shooting black zombies in Africa

Yeah it's just as retarded as the rage against Strange Brigade. 1930's colonized whereveritwas, the tribal woman looks the part, plus it's a game with magical monsters and creatures in a world of fiction. Why are these people more focused on that than anything else.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kashuno posted:

I remember the zombie virus also making them dress up in grass skirts and chuck spears.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

You are using the rhetoric of the right wing when they push the ideal of ending drug addiction via the horrors of the war on drugs.

Racism and drug addiction are not the same thing,
7/10, didn't quite stick the landing on that mental backflip.

Why do you keep talking about drug addicts?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Call of Duty 15: kill nazis. again. :what:

FarCry 5: Kill klansmen and neo-nazis. :getin:

Wolfenstein II: KILL KLANSMEN AND CYBERNAZIS AND WALL STREET BANKERS AS A MEMBER OF THE COMMUNIST LIBERATION FRONT :pcgaming: :stonk: :pcgaming: :allears: :pcgaming: :chanpop: :pcgaming: :shittypop: :pcgaming: :monocle: :pcgaming: :neckbeard:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grey Fox posted:

Where's the nearest bigotry rehab center we can admit this poor soul to? He deserves our compassion, clearly.

I didn't say compassion, but let's not pretend yelling on Twitter is anything more than masturbatory mob mentality where the disenfranchised can have their two minutes hate in the panopticon and go back to being complacent in a society that actively grinds people into being the worst they can possibly be. Effecting real change and convincing people to see the error of their ways is less satisfying in the short term, unfortunately.

Bicyclops posted:

Maybe talk about how stupid the guy who made the bad game is and laugh at him, here in the thread.

Yeah it's a really dumb game

Grey Fox posted:

7/10, didn't quite stick the landing on that mental backflip.

Why do you keep talking about drug addicts?

You're being intellectually dishonest. The fact is you want to punish people into hitting rock bottom when you have yet to justify your authority for doing so, or that this method is actually effective in any way. It's a common phrase oft-repeated by right wingers into justifying horrible actions.

You simply want power to wield over people you see as lesser than you, the same primal masturbatory horseshit that the Right pulls to cut welfare and other things and are astonished someone is calling you out on it, so you're insisting that it's just a "mental backflip."

Grey Fox posted:

Change is convincing Microsoft not to give him a platform.

Just keep reading that over and over again until it sinks in.

edit: and good god, bigots and racists are not the same thing. ffs

He's already gotten one and thanks to Reddit and other places now has the income from people sympathetic to his plight of being hounded by random people on Twitter. He's going to be better off now than if people had simply left it alone, actually. Yet we all get 5 minutes of feeling better about ourselves, so that's what's most important.

This is the problem of free market based morality. It doesn't work, because you're always submitting to billionaires.

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jun 12, 2017

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

I didn't say compassion, but let's not pretend yelling on Twitter is anything more than masturbatory mob mentality where the disenfranchised can have their two minutes hate in the panopticon and go back to being complacent in a society that actively grinds people into being the worst they can possibly be. Effecting real change and convincing people to see the error of their ways is less satisfying in the short term, unfortunately.

Just keep reading that over and over again until it sinks in. And stop referencing his dumbass political beliefs and pretending that they're somehow an inherant defense of his terrible "panopticon" beliefs.

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 12, 2017

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

please don't tell me the ooblets are racist

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Grey Fox posted:

Just keep reading that over and over again until it sinks in.

I'm preordering it on Steam right this second

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

Why, it looks bad lovely politics aside

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Good

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Help Im Alive posted:

please don't tell me the ooblets are racist

they got rid of any dark colored people and the ooblets are their slaves.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gas

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

You're being intellectually dishonest. The fact is you want to punish people into hitting rock bottom when you have yet to justify your authority for doing so, or that this method is actually effective in any way. It's a common phrase oft-repeated by right wingers into justifying horrible actions.

You simply want power to wield over people you see as lesser than you, the same primal masturbatory horseshit that the Right pulls to cut welfare and other things and are astonished someone is calling you out on it, so you're insisting that it's just a "mental backflip."
gently caress yeah, hook this straight into my veins

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

Why, it looks bad lovely politics aside

Because it has a Nudity Tag

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
For real though how are some of your brains so bad?

I played Life is Strange for all the Tumblr garbo and cringe-lines written for teenage girls by Frenchmen in their 40s. It was great.

You should hope it's more terrible than you can imagine and you have to hack GYNOCORP to disable estrofields and rally the meninist underground or some poo poo but instead you're acting like a little pixel game is going to ruin your life lol.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saint Freak posted:

Because it has a Nudity Tag

I can only get my ideology from pixelated titties

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Saint Freak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfcM1uVSGUs

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking maybe I'll check out the PC show but

quote:

PC Gamer has said that this year’s show will include an increased focus on VR and e-sports content

No thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005
#NoPlatform e-sports.

• Locked thread