Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Flight simulator in vr is the only thing that really pushes my 2070s and makes me wanna upgrade. Then I look at 4090 prices and just forget that poo poo exists.

My buddy just ordered a 4090, then after it was placed he changed his mind and cancelled it, they still sent him the card. No charge on his card at all. The luckiest bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Get his rear end, karma

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Beastie posted:

My buddy just ordered a 4090, then after it was placed he changed his mind and cancelled it, they still sent him the card. No charge on his card at all. The luckiest bastard.

This is how I got a free Series X except I didn't cancel it, they just issued a refund for no reason. :ssh:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

butt dickus posted:

i still have the DC keyboard and typing of the dead. that would be a good title for pc

It's great on an emulator, except you can't do couch co-op because Windows apps can't tell which keyboard a keypress came from :negative:

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

acksplode posted:

It's great on an emulator, except you can't do couch co-op because Windows apps can't tell which keyboard a keypress came from :negative:

They can, but the logic for it is extremely not straightforward. It's easier to poll keyboard input from the standard APIs then it is to try and grab every single HID and watch the inputs yourself. Especially when you need to account for things like keyboard localization which you now have to do entirely yourself.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Beastie posted:

I've had that happen with Amazon and a $80 purchase but with a 4090 that's insane!

I should note the only reason nothing stresses my 2070s too much is due to me playing at 1440p. Chasing that 4K PC dream ain't worth it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I've had that happen with Amazon and a $80 purchase but with a 4090 that's insane!

I should note the only reason nothing stresses my 2070s too much is due to me playing at 1440p. Chasing that 4K PC dream ain't worth it.

The funniest bit is that he has a two month old baby and he cancelled the card out of guilt.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Beastie posted:

The funniest bit is that he has a two month old baby and he cancelled the card out of guilt.

Was he trading the baby for the card?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
A 4090 is twice the size of a baby so itd be a good trade based on volume alone

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Was he trading the baby for the card?

No he felt guilty because he had just bought himself an ultra wide monitor and wasn't helping his wife.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Beastie posted:

lmao

Babe...no babe I know, we still have to pay off the crate and barrel crib, but look at this DLSS rear end shader at 120fps!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Hopefully he’s teaching his baby you can’t see above 30fps

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Kids these days growing up with ray tracing on Peppa Pig

The future is wild

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

You get one of those clip on baby vests, take the baby and play call of duty or whatever with it strapped on while wearing headphones on on your sweet ultrawide with 4090rtx AND your wife is glad to have the break, it’s win/win.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

hatty posted:

A 4090 is twice the size of a baby so itd be a good trade based on volume alone

God drat they're that big?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Whoah, Cocoon rules :2bong:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

priznat posted:

You get one of those clip on baby vests, take the baby and play call of duty or whatever with it strapped on while wearing headphones on on your sweet ultrawide with 4090rtx AND your wife is glad to have the break, it’s win/win.

The origin story of that goon whose kids were taken away by CPS because he and his wife were playing wow all night and leaving the kids to themselves

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

webmeister posted:

The origin story of that goon whose kids were taken away by CPS because he and his wife were playing wow all night and leaving the kids to themselves

No no you strap the kid to yourself so it’s all good! Honestly when they are younger than 6 months old it’s what they like.

Once they get older you start training them to help fill out your squad online.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Played maybe 8 hours of fallout 76 over the weekend since the show made me think about it. I played the beta and it was atrocious.

It’s come a long way since then, and I can’t really recommend it but it plays well and the world is pretty cool. Idk if it even has a main story though? It’s like a game of nothing but side quests. I’d probably play it over 4 at this point tbh

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

External Organs posted:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

webmeister posted:

I have a vague recollection of that. Weren’t they posting the whole time about all their bad decisions and it was super plain to everyone else what the problem was (living in squalor)?

priznat posted:

No no you strap the kid to yourself so it’s all good! Honestly when they are younger than 6 months old it’s what they like.

Once they get older you start training them to help fill out your squad online.

Boppy pillow and open headphones was the 6am - noon shift with the baby playing new vegas 11 years ago. Now that baby spent this evening learning to build fires (scouts, not pyromania, though the difference sometimes is minimal).

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

otter posted:

I have a vague recollection of that. Weren’t they posting the whole time about all their bad decisions and it was super plain to everyone else what the problem was (living in squalor)

Yeah kinda, he came back to defend himself when someone discovered his filthy unliveable trailer had cost $1000 but he’d spent his student loans on a sweet $1800 gaming rig. And the photos were horrendous - he’d claimed it was a bit untidy but it was like the worst poo poo on Hoarders.

Looking back the whole thing was just really depressing. Their 5 year old is probably 18 by now, hope she made it out okay :unsmith:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Hearing about stuff like that makes me sad, but also happy with my own life. So I guess it evens out.

Anyhoo, weird that there are still no patch notes released for the Fallout 4 update.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Bug fixes and general improvements.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Wasn't there that goon as well who was going to give up his dog cause he didn't have time to take care of it but someone found out he was online for like 80 hours a week in a goon wow guild

I remember that one ended positively though with the goon quitting wow but I'm probably mixing up dog with kids lol

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hanyolo posted:

Wasn't there that goon as well who was going to give up his dog cause he didn't have time to take care of it but someone found out he was online for like 80 hours a week in a goon wow guild

I remember that one ended positively though with the goon quitting wow but I'm probably mixing up dog with kids lol

it did not end positively. he got defensive at first and then left the forums.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Ruffian Price posted:

Bug fixes and general improvements.

Thoughts and prayers.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it did not end positively. he got defensive at first and then left the forums.
Sounds positive to me

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Oh yeah that guy, from memory his wife was in labour and he was doing his wow raid and bitching about the hospital wifi

edit; this was when he got called out
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611265

webmeister fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 24, 2024

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

External Organs posted:

It is really great and gp is perfect for this kind of game.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
One good thing about ADHD is it kind of discourages addictive behavior.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lammasu posted:

One good thing about ADHD is it kind of discourages addictive behavior.
Uhh are you sure about that

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

hanyolo posted:

There’s even more to this. He was grinding in game pets and didn’t want to take care of his actual irl dog lol

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Work: 6 hours
Sleep: 4 hours
World of Warcraft: 13 hours
Parenting: 1 hour

Please help me fix this, my dogs are dying

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Blue Raider posted:

There’s even more to this. He was grinding in game pets and didn’t want to take care of his actual irl dog lol

Lmfao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

wow pets don't poop everywhere at least

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

webmeister posted:

Yeah kinda, he came back to defend himself when someone discovered his filthy unliveable trailer had cost $1000 but he’d spent his student loans on a sweet $1800 gaming rig. And the photos were horrendous - he’d claimed it was a bit untidy but it was like the worst poo poo on Hoarders.

Looking back the whole thing was just really depressing. Their 5 year old is probably 18 by now, hope she made it out okay :unsmith:

As I’ve gotten older and realized the stories I thought were hilarious aren’t just stories but things that actually happen, it’s ones like these that are the most depressing. Like this guy managed to find way more time to play games after his kid was born than I ever did, and that’s game time I’ll never get back.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Just get a nanny like normal people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the rat fandom posted:

As I’ve gotten older and realized the stories I thought were hilarious aren’t just stories but things that actually happen, it’s ones like these that are the most depressing. Like this guy managed to find way more time to play games after his kid was born than I ever did, and that’s game time I’ll never get back.