Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I thought the CPS guy got his life back together and got his kids back? In any case I remember the photos and that poo poo was bleak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Professor Beetus posted:

I thought the CPS guy got his life back together and got his kids back? In any case I remember the photos and that poo poo was bleak

Maybe. I feel like there have been a ton of losers on here over the years that are cut from the same cloth

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I think it’s a more common scenario than we would all hope. Years ago my wife and I were driving home from dinner and this kid ran out into the street in front of our car wearing a towel around his neck like a cape. He was playing “super hero” while his filthy parents were inside the house neglecting him playing I think WoW. We had to wait while the police showed up and all that fun stuff.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

When I'm ignoring my kids, it's usually for hookers and blow.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Gonna play this over the weekend.

https://twitter.com/HazzadorGamin/status/1783184329629393287?t=2KlCdU3klVLxY79Lpf8uiQ&s=19

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Waiting for God Is A Geek to weigh in.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I have more time for gaming because I simply chose not to have children. Professor Beetus stays winning

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

My games are my children. I have too many and I neglect a lot of them

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Beastie posted:

Now to download another 150 hour game that I will never launch.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Beastie posted:

Ugh the truth hurts. I was just thinking about this today. I'm pretty sure players have never been this spoiled for choice ever and people like to joke about backlogs but man, at some point ya, I rather, gotta stop buying poo poo lol.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm a major gently caress up but I've managed to never have children. I mean the cost/benefit analysis of condoms is pretty clear.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
My children will inherit your Skyrim save files

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Professor Beetus posted:

I remember the big thread about it, and yeah, he started by doubling down (as is tradition) and by the end of it they were doing okay and I think he posted an update a while later going "still got our poo poo together" so sometimes, just sometimes, it goes okay.

Also, just checking, it's been ages so those big QoL and changes for Redfall and Starfield have obviously come out and fixed all the really obvious, glaring and simple to fix issues already right? Like it was six months ago haha of course they have.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

hell yeah, lies of sea looks good

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Did they at least add local maps for when you’re in a city to Starfield?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kevyn posted:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
It honestly feels like No More Heroes 3 is loving with me.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Kevyn posted:

Just navigate by the stars

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Fallout 4 update just went live.

Native PS5 and Xbox Series applications. Includes performance and quality mode options.
Performance mode: 60 FPS target, 4k resolution, standard settings, relying on dynamic resolution scaling.
Quality mode: 30 FPS*, 4k resolution, ultra settings, should not require dynamic resolution scaling.

I especially like this part :

When connected to a 120Hz display, Quality mode will target 40 FPS.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

John F Bennett posted:

Native PS5 and Xbox Series applications. Includes performance and quality mode options.
Performance mode: 60 FPS target, 4k resolution, standard settings, relying on dynamic resolution scaling.
Quality mode: 30 FPS*, 4k resolution, ultra settings, should not require dynamic resolution scaling.

Huh, is that the first Series X title with a 40fps 120hz mode? At least the first (now) first-party one right?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Red Warrior posted:

Huh, is that the first Series X title with a 40fps 120hz mode? At least the first (now) first-party one right?

I think Flight Sim also has it. And that rat game (edit: rat game not first party)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
v glad to see that fallout 4 got the update on steam as well, ty phil

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Is fallout 4 good though

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

External Organs posted:

Is fallout 4 good though

no

but i have fun playing it anyway

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its better than New Vegas, but thats not saying much.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Barudak posted:

:chloe:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Barudak posted:

Go on.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Barudak posted:

Woke up and chose chaos, I see.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

let them cook

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

John F Bennett posted:

On Playstation it's a separate title to claim and download. How does it work on Xbox? I have the game updating on my XSX. Is that's all that's needed? I have seen some games that do let you pick between the Xbox One version and the S/X versions, but I don't see that option here so I figure I'm good to go once it finishes updating.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

smart delivery, you don't have to do anything

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

beating the guys who will type up 100,000 word posts about smart delivery on xbox to the punch

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

On Playstation it's a separate title to claim and download. How does it work on Xbox? I have the game updating on my XSX. Is that's all that's needed? I have seen some games that do let you pick between the Xbox One version and the S/X versions, but I don't see that option here so I figure I'm good to go once it finishes updating.

Yeah is just like that. On PS5 is a separate download and on Xbox Series it'll update automatically from the Xbone version due to smart delivery.

Edit: on the PS5 version you have to claim again all addons if you got the GOTY edition. They will show up as free but need to do it manually.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 25, 2024

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

If you have a Series console, you get the next-gen version automatically as a normal update. If you have a XBone, you get a different update with just the bugfixes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New Vegas has a lot of invisible walls in its map tied with some worse gunplay, irritating enemies, weapon degradation, and being saddled with Fallout 3's inferior radiation system among other mechanical issues I have.

Main Story in 4 isn't very good and NV has more interesting factions but you're talking to the person who the canceled hypothetical "leave" ending was for so I can tell you NVs main story never got a motivating hook into me so its not leagues better for me like it is for some.

Edit: Also I triggered a bug in NV where all of my save files could no longer open doors so that killed my run dead

Barudak fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 25, 2024

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Just beat the story in Jusant.

Pro: it's very pretty and climbing is Hella Fun
Con: what the gently caress is going on in this game?!

Granted, I stopped reading al the notes roughly 10 minutes in because gently caress that, I wanna climb. Those probably told most of the story.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the way "next gen" games are handled on the PS5 store was designed by freaking Satan, or possibly The Joker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Barudak posted:

Finally someone who sees reason. FO has always been wacky and zany and so on but roman cosplaying as such a major part of the game … no, no not at all.