Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lammasu posted:

NMH 3 was, in fact, loving with me.
Anyway, I have kind of a weird question. I'm looking to get some new headphones for my birthday, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some that are head wear friendly. Like say, you could comfortably wear them with a fez.

Sony WH1000XM4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

L D and i aint talkin curb

Lol

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Red Warrior posted:

Huh, is that the first Series X title with a 40fps 120hz mode? At least the first (now) first-party one right?

According to a list I found:

Fallout 4
Hogwarts Legacy
Lies of P
Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Microsoft Flight Simulator (VRR Mode Only)
Valheim

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1783610068057108696?t=W3Q30fSMl3ugjVXfHHXLSA&s=19

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

So I just got that message from Xbox that my old clips will be deleted on May 30th. Is there a way to view all my old clips? Or even mass-download them?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Do they not get stored in a OneDrive?

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Sywert of Thieves posted:

So I just got that message from Xbox that my old clips will be deleted on May 30th. Is there a way to view all my old clips? Or even mass-download them?

If you go to guide -> capture & share -> recent captures -> show all -> manage, you can select all your Xbox live clips and either copy them to external storage (a USB NTFS formatted drive) or upload to One Drive.

Do they not get stored in a OneDrive?

They do now if you choose, there's an option to automatically upload to One Drive. I don't think it's on by default and doesn't apply to existing clips.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The automatic OneDrive export is pretty cool. After taking a video, you can immediately access it on your PC for editing or uploading to Youtube.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Apr 26, 2024

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Been using OneDrive since my Windows Phone days. Shame that they cut the free storage by 75% years ago

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I'm not convinced there is a difference between Quality and Performance mode for Fallout 4.

It looks the same, and both seem to be 60fps.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

John F Bennett posted:

I'm not convinced there is a difference between Quality and Performance mode for Fallout 4.

It looks the same, and both seem to be 60fps.

Lol
https://twitter.com/cataferal/status/1783625872324370854

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Rocket Pan posted:

If you go to guide -> capture & share -> recent captures -> show all -> manage, you can select all your Xbox live clips and either copy them to external storage (a USB NTFS formatted drive) or upload to One Drive.

They do now if you choose, there's an option to automatically upload to One Drive. I don't think it's on by default and doesn't apply to existing clips.

Cheers 👍 my Xbox is now uploading ~2500 captures to OneDrive. I have no idea if it'll fit.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Cheers 👍 my Xbox is now uploading ~2500 captures to OneDrive. I have no idea if it'll fit.

Think you get 5gb for free, so if your captures are mostly 4K it’s not gunna go far

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Im glad the people coming to fallout from the tv show get the authentic bethesda experience

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

:lmao: @ Bethesda

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
that's bethesda!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

goddammit Todd

How does such a thing get through testing? This toggle was literally the entire point of the update.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 26, 2024

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
this crab soulslike actually seems pretty loving awesome

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Lammasu posted:

I'm looking to get some new headphones for my birthday, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some that are head wear friendly. Like say, you could comfortably wear them with a fez.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beastie posted:

what makes you think this changes my assessment on how playstation losers can get hosed?

That's not what Microsoft says.

Breaks Fallout 4 on Xbox: Broken for a month, during the most important time for the game's popularity with the launch of the show
Breaks Fallout 4 on PS5: All hands on deck, fixed in like an hour or two

Now this is some Bizarro-world poo poo, where a Bethesda game is least broken on PlayStation.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Get this: Instead of playing the bad old broken game, you could play literally anything else. img-neo-woah.png

These are the best, been using them for years and years. Wish they didn't break so easily but hey they're cheap.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Manor Lords early access is up on PC gamepass, although it actually isn't it's linked on gamepass to the microsoft store... so just follow that button and click free trial for the 11gb download, i suppose it'll launch from the gamepass application given that has achevements listed? idk.

Maybe because this isn't the finished game (which won't exist for like 3 years) it's not directly on gamepass? idk

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

drunkill posted:

Manor Lords early access is up on PC gamepass, although it actually isn't it's linked on gamepass to the microsoft store... so just follow that button and click free trial for the 11gb download, i suppose it'll launch from the gamepass application given that has achevements listed? idk.

Maybe because this isn't the finished game (which won't exist for like 3 years) it's not directly on gamepass? idk

It takes a bit to show up sometimes. It's on the game pass app now. Same thing happened with Crab Souls yesterday.

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 26, 2024

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Wiltsghost posted:

It takes a bit to show up sometimes. It's on the game pass app now. Same thing happened with Crab Souls yesterday.

Yeah it shows up, but there is no download in gamepass button, the button gets you to download it via the microsoft store. Probably because it is early access. Flight sim 2020 was like that during the betas, then eventually just went on gamepass when it came out.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

drunkill posted:

Yeah it shows up, but there is no download in gamepass button, the button gets you to download it via the microsoft store. Probably because it is early access. Flight sim 2020 was like that during the betas, then eventually just went on gamepass when it came out.
Works fine here.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Playing through Shadow of the Tomb Raider and having a pretty great time! Areas are fun to traverse, lots to explore, and graphically I think it still looks pretty decent?

Feels nice having discrete levels to explore, rather than some lovely time-wasting open world with 10 million collectibles

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

ColdPie posted:

Get this: Instead of playing the bad old broken game, you could play literally anything else. img-neo-woah.png

These are the best, been using them for years and years. Wish they didn't break so easily but hey they're cheap.

I used and replaced them for so long, but now I have a phone with no 3.5mm and have to settle for Bluetooth buds. On my third pair of the cheapest of the decent options, JLAB Air (lost first, dog chewed second).

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

webmeister posted:

Playing through Shadow of the Tomb Raider and having a pretty great time! Areas are fun to traverse, lots to explore, and graphically I think it still looks pretty decent?

Feels nice having discrete levels to explore, rather than some lovely time-wasting open world with 10 million collectibles

I enjoyed all of the newer TR games. They get loving brutal with the death animations.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I used and replaced them for so long, but now I have a phone with no 3.5mm and have to settle for Bluetooth buds. On my third pair of the cheapest of the decent options, JLAB Air (lost first, dog chewed second).

The adapter dongles (usb-c/lightning to 3.5mm) work fine. Just leave it on the headphones all the time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beastie posted:

I enjoyed all of the newer TR games. They get loving brutal with the death animations.

The first one had one where you fall off a waterfall onto spikes, it was loving insane

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Beastie posted:

Yeah I’ve had some pretty intense ones. Feels a bit weird that a game artist could spend so long modelling, texturing, writing and voicing a beloved protagonist, then including some absolutely brutal deaths for her.

I know most games obviously have death animations, but nowhere near this brutal or gory.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Oh sweet Manor Lords looks cool. I’ve seen a few plays of it on YouTube. Game Pass wins again!

I was playing Jedi Survivor last night and it’s fine I guess. I dunno I guess I’m just tired of that linear type of game.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

priznat posted:

I was playing Jedi Survivor last night and it’s fine I guess. I dunno I guess I’m just tired of that linear type of game.

is it not more of an open-world metroidvania?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

is it not more of an open-world metroidvania?

Well I mean how the levels just funnel you through with ramps and slides and the obvious loading time narrow passage bits. I guess once I get past the first main bit on coruscant it opens up so you can backtrack etc? But I am finding it really light on combat and heavy on running up and down stairways that are laid out in a totally nonsensical path.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya it's not really linear not sure which game you played or what you mean by linear. You get basically a whole planet and as you unlock moves you can access lots of side areas.

The first one was definitely linear but this one is definitely very open even the zones in the planet, lets say a Abandoned Factory has mutliple routes so its really not linear even it's dungeon design.

Also I feel like open world designed games are way more common and overdone linear games these days. I actually missed Fallen Order's smaller design, it made it more replayable while with this I would never replay it even though its got better combat.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

webmeister posted:

:confused:

All the TR games in the Uncharted trilogy have a significant number of collectibles and they all use open worlds connecting to tombs and other special levels at the edges. Sure, Shadow splits them in a a few open zones that are only connected by cutscenes/fast travel, but the effect is not that different.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

priznat posted:

Well I mean how the levels just funnel you through with ramps and slides and the obvious loading time narrow passage bits. I guess once I get past the first main bit on coruscant it opens up so you can backtrack etc? But I am finding it really light on combat and heavy on running up and down stairways that are laid out in a totally nonsensical path.

The opening part on Coruscant is maybe the smallest section in the game and most of it serves as a tutorial to teach you the basics of the game. As soon as you get off it, you'll be on the main open hub world, Koboh.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

priznat posted:

Try getting past the beginning before passing judgement

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

orcane posted:

:confused:

All the TR games in the Uncharted trilogy have a significant number of collectibles and they all use open worlds connecting to tombs and other special levels at the edges. Sure, Shadow splits them in a a few open zones that are only connected by cutscenes/fast travel, but the effect is not that different.

Uncharted is not open world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

None of the reboot Tomb Raider games have been "open world" by the conventional definition. They all tend to have 2-3 looser main hub areas that branch off into tombs, punctuated by linear platforming setpieces and story sections.